Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We now have the full English set list for Scarlet & Violet! It officially releases in stores on March 31st. The set list is so predictable we could have posted this story weeks ago.
Update (3/30): All the official English card images have been added below!
The set has a total of 258 cards: 198 cards in the main set and 60 secret rare cards. Full Arts and Illustration Rares are now classified as secret rares (like the Japanese sets), which is why there are far more secret rares.
Our English set is comprised of the Japanese Scarlet ex and Violet ex sets, its three Starter Set ex decks, and a few Japanese promo cards.
As posted before, Scarlet & Violet bring back the TCG’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Heartache2491

Aspiring Trainer
So, are the English ex cards the same as the Japanese, with the same starry Holofoil, or no? Because the Mimikyu ex from the Mimikyu ex box doesn't look nearly as good as the Japanese one, and I'm very concerned ;-;

Also, any known release date for the 3-pack that have the promos with the Galaxy Holofoil and Galaxy borders?

Clam

Almost decent
Is the new scratchy texture for the full art Terastalized Pokemon different than those used for other full art rulebox Pokemon before or do all full art rulebox Pokemon have unique scratchy textures?

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I hope with the increase in prices, there will be a reflection in what you pull from the boxes, because there are a lot more rare cards in this, especially if you compare it to Base SWSH.

leonardojosv

Aspiring Trainer
So, are the English ex cards the same as the Japanese, with the same starry Holofoil, or no? Because the Mimikyu ex from the Mimikyu ex box doesn't look nearly as good as the Japanese one, and I'm very concerned ;-;

Also, any known release date for the 3-pack that have the promos with the Galaxy Holofoil and Galaxy borders?
I think the Mimikyu ex cards just had a bad print run, because I saw some videos of people opening SV B&B boxes and pulling exs that look just as good as their japanese counterparts.

As for the 3 pack blisters, they should come out on set release day which is March 31st.

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
🍻
🍻
🍻

Here’s to a new generation of Pokémon TCG
May we all grow together and get stronger

QuincyButter

Aspiring Trainer
I hope with the increase in prices, there will be a reflection in what you pull from the boxes, because there are a lot more rare cards in this, especially if you compare it to Base SWSH.
There's more rare cards, true, but now the chase cards can be found in two slots rather than one. I do believe that is their way to increase pulls

Nirvanna21

Mew.
There's more rare cards, true, but now the chase cards can be found in two slots rather than one. I do believe that is their way to increase pulls
You would think so, but for me personally no.

1 Holo (this can be a Double Rare, Ultra Rare or Hyper Rare)
1 Reverse (this can be a Special Illustration Rare, Illustration Rare)
1 Reverse

Ultra and Hyper are Full Arts and Gold Arts respectively. I don't like these much if at all (especially if 5ban is involved).

I do collect double rares in this instance and holofoil cards, so half of the potential last slot cards could be something I want.

As for the 2nd reverse holo slot, SIR and IR are ones I would like, but the question I pose is in this slot, what are the odds per ETB or Booster Box. From an ETB I would like to expect 1, where as a booster box should have 3. With the price increase, I am hoping this will be the case.

And the 1st reverse holo is absolutely useless to me. I only bothered getting reverse holo for rare cards that didn't have holofoil equivalents. This has been solved so yeah.

TLDR, time will tell but if it's anything like the old rates, not looking so hot.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Choice Belt can be added to the list of cut cards. I'm guessing we won't be getting it at all. Didn't make much sense as to why it was printed in the first place.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
Kinda sad seeing the set symbols gone. Was far more interesting than some code especially since I'd use the set symbol on the spine of my custom binders I'd make for the sets.