LightYearLiam

I don't hate Charizard and it's good to finally get Tera types that are actually different types, and a Dark-type Charizard sounds cool. Being a Charizard, it will probably have powerful attack(s) that are too expensive to use, and therefore not be good, but we'll see. I want it to be good because Stage 2's being good is always something I'll appreciate, even if they're 2 prizers.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Just one question: If Charizard ex is going to be a Darkness type, and it's based on the Dragon type, then does that mean that all Dragon types are now part of the Darkness family?!

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
I'm interested to know what energy type it'll use, fire? dark? both? It'd be interesting if a fire type deck can have a dark type attacker that takes fire energy but unless charmeleon is good or there's another playable charizard for the deck to use I'm not sure it'll be worth it.

LightYearLiam

Just one question: If Charizard ex is going to be a Darkness type, and it's based on the Dragon type, then does that mean that all Dragon types are now part of the Darkness family?!
I think the pic of the Dragon Tera Charizard in the article is just a fumble on PokeBeach's part. I can't see any other reason to think its Darkness type is supposed to reflect the Dragon type.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer

From the article:

"Charizard can’t be natively found in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, but it appeared at black Tera Raid crystals in December. Its Tera Type was Dragon. (Hence having to use a screenshot of it with the Dragon-type hat. :x)"

Porygonbail

Aspiring Trainer
Don't really care about charizard, but this franchise isn't formed around me.

I don't think confusing new players was actually on their mind tbh.
They need a gimmick with every new set to make it appealing for old and new. At the start that new gimmick are the new pokemon, and after that they just throw a dart at a brainstomed whiteboard and go with whatever they find on there for a set or two.
Like the tag-team cards in S/M or the battlestyles in SW/SH.
(On that note, can someone explain to me why some cards in the Lost Origin set had a purple and cyan smoke boarder? Was it a reference to Legends archeus? Did it actually effect anything?)

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Don't really care about charizard, but this franchise isn't formed around me.
It’s not formed around anyone really.

(On that note, can someone explain to me why some cards in the Lost Origin set had a purple and cyan smoke boarder? Was it a reference to Legends archeus? Did it actually effect anything?)
Cards in SwSh era that reference the Lost Zone have the purple and cyan smoke border. Cards from other gen that mention Lost Zone don't have this tho.

By the way, welcome to PokeBeach!! I read your self introduction; where do you showcase your artistic skills?

Porygonbail

Aspiring Trainer
It’s not formed around anyone really.

Cards in SwSh era that reference the Lost Zone have the purple and cyan smoke border. Cards from other gen that mention Lost Zone don't have this tho.

By the way, welcome to PokeBeach!! I read your self introduction; where do you showcase your artistic skills?

Ah! We will see if its a one time thing then.

Thank you! Yeah I probably should have mentioned that in the introduction post. Will add it!
I used to be on twitter, but rn I only post on tumblr as organizedchaotics / cheetahtrout .

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I'm interested to know what energy type it'll use, fire? dark? both? It'd be interesting if a fire type deck can have a dark type attacker that takes fire energy but unless charmeleon is good or there's another playable charizard for the deck to use I'm not sure it'll be worth it.
This is a pretty important question.

If it also uses fire energy then you have a splashable dark-type attacker in fire Charizard decks (with the inevitable fire-type Charizard ex and a new no rulebox Charizard). If it uses dark energy then suddenly it is best used as its own deck or used in dark decks which is a lot less exciting. Of course if the attack cost is only 1 dark energy and the rest colorless (or even fire), you can try to make a dual type Charizard deck work, but it'll be a bit clunky.

You also gotta wonder how many more types of Charizard ex we'll get, and if we'll get a strong new no rulebox Charizard to go with them (especially with the Vivid Voltage one rotating, and no offense to the GO one which while not bad I have doubts about it seeing play even if we get a good Charizard ex).

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
This is a pretty important question.

If it also uses fire energy then you have a splashable dark-type attacker in fire Charizard decks (with the inevitable fire-type Charizard ex and a new no rulebox Charizard). If it uses dark energy then suddenly it is best used as its own deck or used in dark decks which is a lot less exciting. Of course if the attack cost is only 1 dark energy and the rest colorless (or even fire), you can try to make a dual type Charizard deck work, but it'll be a bit clunky.

You also gotta wonder how many more types of Charizard ex we'll get, and if we'll get a strong new no rulebox Charizard to go with them (especially with the Vivid Voltage one rotating, and no offense to the GO one which while not bad I have doubts about it seeing play even if we get a good Charizard ex).
Imo, the cool way of handling it would be to make it work even more like the games by having the Tera effect add one of the regular types as an extra damaging type. So, Charizard would be a Darkness type that also deals Fire damage

TTV thetrackpadplayer

The Loser Who Reads
Oh great... Charizard is back. So excited to see pokerev spent hundreds of dollars and scalp packs just to look for the full alt/gold verison (don't lie you know they'll make it)

Louiepikmin3

Aspiring Trainer
Imagine a format with tool cards that read " if your opponent is X type your attacks do 2x damage" it would be an incredibly sacky 1HKO format where pokemon with over 300HP are easily 1 shotted, in your scenario, everyone basically has a once per game Drapion for any deck. VGC has to have open team sheets to deal with Tera Pokemon and not have games just come down to guesswork.
Which is what makes things interesting. Vgc players love this gimmic because it makes things not the exact same every time. My suggestion wasn't like the perfect version of it, but it was an idea to show how it could work. It'd add so many mindgames and just make matches way more interesting.