“Pokemon TCG Online Illustration Exhibition” Now Live!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon Company has unveiled a virtual Pokemon TCG Online Illustration Exhibition. You can browse through galleries of cards covering different time periods and themes, then click each card to view a close-ups of its artwork. This is the first time we’re seeing high definition artwork for many old cards.

04_01-300x201.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Exhibition-1-300x178.jpg

The exhibition also includes commentary from 50 artists who each picked one of their illustrations to share their memories and creative process.
The cards are presented in three overall categories, each representing multiple galleries:

“Life” focuses on the lives of Pokemon and shows them in a variety of different habitats.
“History” looks back at over 26 years of the Pokemon Trading Card Game from 1996, when the very first set launched...

Continue reading...

Would be nice if they reprint them instead, without anything added please.
I've never really played the TCG. I don't quite understand it, and every time someone explains the rules to me I'm like... yeah, I don't like it lol

But I've collected the cards over the years and I still do, just because of the artwork. It's one of the very few Pokémon things I can collect and have physically, since it's much more expensive and space consuming to collect, idk, toys or plushies.

So yeah, I'd love if they released an artwork-oriented version of the cards so to speak, like full-arts of the cards we already know.

I've never really played the TCG. I don't quite understand it, and every time someone explains the rules to me I'm like... yeah, I don't like it lol

But I've collected the cards over the years and I still do, just because of the artwork. It's one of the very few Pokémon things I can collect and have physically, since it's much more expensive and space consuming to collect, idk, toys or plushies.

So yeah, I'd love if they released an artwork-oriented version of the cards so to speak, like full-arts of the cards we already know.
Same here, I never played the game though I know some rules. I quit after the neo series because I hated the E-card series and thought that this is how pokemon cards will be like. The yugioh came I shift my interest towards it, missing out the EX series and DP series. Looking back at the artwork of the EX and DP series I regret missing out on it. I do have some DP series though not the ones I want. I was hoping that they would reprint some cards. My collection is based on pokemon that I like, such as blastoise, steelix, vileplume, gardevoir, etc. I try to limit my collection to some pokemon though I also include my favorite artisk like Kouki Saitou and Masakazu Fukuda (both were popular in the EX and DP series). Only time will tell, maybe they might reprint and I guess this museum is a hint to it.

Same here, I never played the game though I know some rules. I quit after the neo series because I hated the E-card series and thought that this is how pokemon cards will be like. The yugioh came I shift my interest towards it, missing out the EX series and DP series. Looking back at the artwork of the EX and DP series I regret missing out on it. I do have some DP series though not the ones I want. I was hoping that they would reprint some cards. My collection is based on pokemon that I like, such as blastoise, steelix, vileplume, gardevoir, etc. I try to limit my collection to some pokemon though I also include my favorite artisk like Kouki Saitou and Masakazu Fukuda (both were popular in the EX and DP series). Only time will tell, maybe they might reprint and I guess this museum is a hint to it.
shame you skipped over e card series, it has some of the best art

Back