Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm surprised they didn't go for "famous cities as backdrops in art" kinda theme.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Radiant Zard is so strong it makes me wonder a little if they actually play tested it beforehand. Raihan + Twin + Magma Basin lets it swing as early as 5 prizes (a little unrealistic in standard.) Raihan + Twin Energy lets it swing at 4 prize cards. Raihan/Magma Basin + any energy at 3, and it swings for 1 Fire energy at 2 and 1 prize left.

The fact it OHKOs every VStar with a Choice Belt cannot be overlooked. We’re talking 1 prize remaining Galarian Moltres level of damage output at realistically 3 prizes remaining. The way I see it, it feels a little like baby Buzzwole and the other Ultra Beasts.

Radiant Greninja provides consistency throughout the course of the game but Radiant Zard gives you a huge power spike mid-late game that virtually any deck can take advantage of. Arceus? Sure. Palkia? Probably would prefer Greninja but it also wouldn’t kill you to Star Portal onto Radiant Zard. Hisuian Zoroark? Yeah, the damage from Magma Basin pairs with Hisuian Zoro and you already run Double Turbo Energy. Inteleon toolbox? Just slap a Fire energy into the list and enjoy your shiny new toy.

I know the inclusion of Radiant Venu in Hisuian Arcanine is the obvious choice but I think Radiant Zard is the stronger choice as it gives the deck the ability to randomly KO a VStar when it otherwise couldn’t have.

The only things I dislike about it is that Rescue Stretcher isn't in the format so you have to Klara or Rod + Ball search it back and that Guzma would have been preferred over Boss.

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Ughhhb Slowbro kinda crazy in Zoroark decks
Bigtime. No longer need to OHKO the opponent's big VStar/VMAX for game or rely on Boss a Crobat to close out games, and can't lose prize race momentum against other Single Prize decks anymore either. Zoroark vs Zoroark will be so obnoxious, because if both players have 2 prizes left the best choice is to stall (unless you know their Slowbro is prized or they don't run it).

Polaris

Bigtime. No longer need to OHKO the opponent's big VStar/VMAX for game or rely on Boss a Crobat to close out games, and can't lose prize race momentum against other Single Prize decks anymore either. Zoroark vs Zoroark will be so obnoxious, because if both players have 2 prizes left the best choice is to stall (unless you know their Slowbro is prized or they don't run it).
In theory Zoroark decks could run some sort of spread damage card like the new Mismagius to play around it in the mirror? Could get interesting

LightYearLiam

I love Slowbro!! Such a cool and fun attack, I love direct prize card manipulation. Its art is very unique and nice too. Xatu has a cool attack too. Overall, I am very pleased with this set. :)

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Actually a brilliant idea, get all your Karps and Gyrados' in the discard and swing for 250 with Ditto, 280 with Choice Belt to OHKO VStars. I'm definitely gonna test this out.
seems like a good plan. my first thought was night march but any "bee revenge" style attack works well here.