“Pokemon ex” Return, New “Scarlet & Violet” TCG Cards Revealed at Worlds!

Pokemon I'd like to see as ex's this time around: Venusaur, its rather underrated, Alakazam (even though TPCi probably won't), the Johto starters (Hisuian Typhlosion doesn't count), and Exploud deserves some love as well. Im really excited for no 3 prizers in the format! and PLEASE bring back fairy types! I cant stand a psychic type Xerneas!!

Pokemon I'd like to see as ex's this time around: Venusaur, its rather underrated, Alakazam (even though TPCi probably won't), the Johto starters (Hisuian Typhlosion doesn't count), and Exploud deserves some love as well. Im really excited for no 3 prizers in the format! and PLEASE bring back fairy types! I cant stand a psychic type Xerneas!!
It is safe to say that Johto doesn't not get enough love. I am trying to finish a letter to them about the year 2025 as it will be the 25th anniversary of the neo series.

I'm late to this party, but...

I cannot overstate how much I enjoy these new ex cards. Being a remake of the original ex mechanic, on top of visually resembling EX cards (my favorite Ultra Rares in the TCG's history) makes for something that I didn't think was possible, but it's exactly what I've been wanting.

I've wanted a card body back on regular Ultra Rares, as I think it helps them still resemble a Pokemon card but with "more" to it. There's a place for Full Arts (and other cards similar, such as Legends in the HGSS era), but I much prefer this style to GX's and V's. Not to mention the new steps it takes to add some flair- I love that the card body is slightly transparent, showing off a bit of the Pokemon's body and scenery in the background, as well as the holofoil being extremely interesting. Can't wait to see how these look in real life, along with however Full Arts are to look coming up.

Point is, I'm just very excited and am looking forward to seeing how this next era of the TCG fares. Isn't it crazy that it's been over a decade now since EX cards came out? I'm hoping this new generation captures that same magic I miss oh-so much.

"The New Standard" quote might have a HUGE impact on rotation ...

E regulation onwards is confirmed if I'm not mistaken. Plus, by "new standard" they mean a new game design philosophy, the line has nothing to do with "new standard format", that just happens to be the case as well, but what they really mean is a new approach to the game.

I was implying a drastic rotation like Brilliant Stars onwards (F block), however unlikely
If that was the case they would've never had reprinted Boss's Orders, Professor's Research, Switch, Rare Candy and others with a F regulation mark. What's the point of reprinting and rotating them anyway? They would've waited to reprint them with a G mark instead.

If that was the case they would've never had reprinted Boss's Orders, Professor's Research, Switch, Rare Candy and others with a F regulation mark. What's the point of reprinting and rotating them anyway? They would've waited to reprint them with a G mark instead.

Not "if that were the case". It is the case, they literally said so in the announcement. Some cards just "have" to exist in some form or another at all or almost all times in their understanding, and I agree with the idea but not with all the choices. Rare Candy and Switch? Sure, those cards have to exist at all times, but I'd love to see Research go in favor of more nuanced and original ways of churning through your deck or getting to the cards you need, I'd also like to see Boss go, I don't like the play patterns it entails. That being said, those are just a handful of cards, important and defining cards, sure, but just a few cards nonetheless, with just a few more they can completely change the game as we know it, even if some familiar cards are still in the pool. We just have to wait to see the whole picture now and how exactly will they accomplish their declared goals.

Back