Ern05001

Aspiring Trainer
I am curious how they will handle Alakazam or will it be skipped over until it can be considered a basic

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
fudge. well, better that its an evolving mechanic.
Could be that the energy types blurred are not new but the ability to search them has to do with that crystallized frame. do we know what types the new legends are?
Koraidon is Dragon/Fighting and Miraidon is Dragon/Electric. Funnily enough we've known this since after the very first trailer becaus of leaks, but they haven't revealed it officially yet.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Huh they're naming these Pokemon ex not Pokemon-ex so I guess these are techincally different from the gen 3 ones
Gen 3 names were never hyphenated. It wasn't until the introduction of capital Pokemon-EX that they received the hyphen.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
While I don't mind GX's and V's showing off more artwork/scenery, I really do like the return to a visually simpler template. It's classic while still being a bit different. And I'm loving the addition of the classic style starry holofoil. I could be wrong, but I'm hoping these cards have their regular rainbow-y foil, but on top of that, it's glossy and starry. Some Japanese cards have this 'double foil' effect, and I've always enjoyed how that looks.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Gen 3 names were never hyphenated. It wasn't until the introduction of capital Pokemon-EX that they received the hyphen.
Well, no. If you look at the rulebox for Pokémon-ex in Gen 3, "Mewtwo ex" was classed and considered as a "Pokémon-ex" and supplementary material (e.g. instruction manuals included in theme decks) also used the hyphen to refer to "Pokémon-ex".

bktan

Aspiring Trainer
I am curious how they will handle Alakazam or will it be skipped over until it can be considered a basic
They could just not release any card since like nearly 100 or maybe even more than 100 Pokemon look to be skipped in Gen 8 even with the record number of cards in each set.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Koraidon is Dragon/Fighting and Miraidon is Dragon/Electric. Funnily enough we've known this since after the very first trailer becaus of leaks, but they haven't revealed it officially yet.
ah okay. so their type frame layer is removed.

ThePokemonGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
ex cards are back(The gen 3 ex's with the lowercase letters) I wonder how much HP they will have, like maybe same amount as V's usually had or same amount that Basic GX's or Gen 5 and 6 EX's had?

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
ah okay. so their type frame layer is removed.
Yep! I assume they have these 2 cards as 3d models and just edited the colors a bit. Unless, well...they really are colorless and the clowns running this circus are getting rid of Dragon types again. I'd put it past them but in no way would it surprise me.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
ex cards are back(The gen 3 ex's with the lowercase letters) I wonder how much HP they will have, like maybe same amount as V's usually had or same amount that Basic GX's or Gen 5 and 6 EX's had?
If you look real close, Lucario has 250 HP. He's a medium-level bulky single Evolution line in the games, so him having 250 HP after evolving from Riolu and having 40 more HP than Lucario GX (who also evolved) tells us a lot. If I had to guess Koraidon and Miraidon will have about 230 HP- 10 more than Zacian/Zamazenta V.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
If this is going to be a reminisce of the EX series, then there won't be pokedex entry and thus will we see multiple attacks again. To make it more interesting, they might add held item like they did in DP series. Hopefully, they get rid of the rainbow rare AND instead reprint ex from the EX series as well as Star (especially the fire Gyarados). The again, where will the Tera form be fill in?

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
If you look real close, Lucario has 250 HP. He's a medium-level bulky single Evolution line in the games, so him having 250 HP after evolving from Riolu and having 40 more HP than Lucario GX (who also evolved) tells us a lot. If I had to guess Koraidon and Miraidon will have about 230 HP- 10 more than Zacian/Zamazenta V.

AvieMoon

One Dumb Idiot
I love the fact that these cards are full arts, but with the text zones being translucent to see the text. Love that you can still see all of the mons. Really nice touch! Or at least in the legendary cards shown. Hope it's not just for the reveal and they stay like that.