“Pokemon Card 151” Set Officially Revealed, Kadabra Returns to the TCG!

Psychic resists Fighting now?? I truly pay attention to nothing but species and artwork.

Welcome back Kadabra! We missed you.

Alakazam being able to attack from the Bench is WILD!!! I can already the new Mimikyu being used as a blocker in the Active Spot so Alakazam ex can attack while staying protected on the bench. Using Klefki to shut down Basic abilities while doing this is also a decent idea. Pokémon are starting to get actually interesting combinations of attacks and/or abilities again, and I'm so down for it!

No, it hasn't.
Well the pseudo-ghost types did, at least in the modern era. Pokemon with dark weakness before SwSh block. Then the revamped type system just made all psychic have dark weakness with a fighting resistance in SwSh, unless it was the new pseudo-fairy type with metal weakness.

alakazam ex is not good enough on its own. if we get a 1prize alakazam with a good ability then we might have a decent deck as alakazams first attack is very efficient

That might be. 1. Decent draw. 2.) Good attack also if they have a hard-hitter
Yeah I mean you probably only get to use the draw when you get roxanne'd - but a way to return ko tina vstar is the main use I'm thinking of - as reaching 280 is kinda tough sometimes imo

I don't understand the need to put effects like this on 2-prizers. Are they scared of printing another effect like Scoop Up Net and somehow it being broken?
As for Alakazam I wonder what kind of decks will rise with it. It's bulky enough that even if it gets bossed it will likely survive a hit, and being able to play energy denial and other strats to help it poke at the opponent while gaining advantage may be good enough.

My baby Kadabra is back! :') And attacking from the bench is a cool concept, using a barrier Pokemon as your active.
It's kinda like Yu-Gi-Oh's Trap monsters.

So happy for all of this and of course seeing Arita make a triumphant return. This might encourage me to try out the game online, after being reinvested in Yu-Gi-Oh since 2020 lockdown.

Very excited! It's been what 20yrs since Kadabras exile from the Pokemon TCG? I'm just so happy it's gonna make a triumphant return and all 2 of us Abra line collectors will finally get new cards!

Alakazam truly have an unique attack but thinking about it really doenst have a bigger difference than some hit and run attack unless they print something that increase the attack cost of both active Pokemon maybe, I dont know... Maybe you dont need to run switches on your deck

Alakazam truly have an unique attack but thinking about it really doenst have a bigger difference than some hit and run attack unless they print something that increase the attack cost of both active Pokemon maybe, I dont know... Maybe you dont need to run switches on your deck
That Alakazam helps against Paralyze. doesn’t matter if active is paralyzed still can attack with benched Alakazam

but damage is too low and he is stage 2 which makes him question about being worthy

Back