“Pokemon Card 151” Set Officially Revealed, Kadabra Returns to the TCG!

That Alakazam is AWESOME! Just put a pokemon with a bench protection Ability (like Manaphy) and you will win for sure....also add some rare candy's so u can evolve faster...

Last edited:
With Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam ex, Mitsuhiro Arita also returns to the TCG.
No, he wasn't gone very long, but his absence in SV1 and SV1a was conspicuous. The Gym block was another group of sets he didn't contribute any artwork for, but after that, nothing readily comes to mind..? So not unprecedented, but certainly unusual. Glad he's not gone yet!
Neither did Kagemaru Himeno for the gym, I guess because both contributed to the Team Rocket set that they gave them a break.

Boi that Alakazam is going to be strong. Have Klefki active to lock down your opponents abilities, manaphy for bench protectio, and shoot away with Alakazam. Also I’m really hoping for a Kabutops ex and Marowak ex

Boi that Alakazam is going to be strong. Have Klefki active to lock down your opponents abilities, manaphy for bench protectio, and shoot away with Alakazam. Also I’m really hoping for a Kabutops ex and Marowak ex
good idea with the klefki, cause we have Mabostiff now....and its ability!

Alakazam truly have an unique attack but thinking about it really doenst have a bigger difference than some hit and run attack unless they print something that increase the attack cost of both active Pokemon maybe, I dont know... Maybe you dont need to run switches on your deck
It has the funny benefit of not needing to be in the active spot at all. With hit and run attacks you need to put the attacker back there somehow, usually by burning a retreat or a switch card. Alakazam can have you do insane active spot shenanigans (Comfey/Mew juggling) and you don't have to dedicate the last switch to bring Alakazam to the front. Will it matter or become competitive viable at all? I am not sure. But it's a fun effect and I'm all up for it.

What do you mean by "Pokemon did not pay extra attention to the fact Kadabra will be returning in their announcement" if they made this slide solely dedicated towards the family?
Alakazam-ex-Kadabra.jpg

The Abra-line being back - and illustrated by the great Mitsuhiro Arita - is awesome. Another very keen gimmick is the Charizard-shadow in the Charmander card. Even if it is the Zard, it is an excellent piece of shadow colouring by GIDORA

unlike Gen 7 when they did loose region-themed sets and left out a bunch of each region's Pokemon in favor of awkwardly shoving in Alola Pokemon and concepts.

I love the concept of theming a set based on a seperate region while also including the newest pokemon. However, I agree that moving forward, the stars should be the pokemon of the featured region. Hopefully we can see some older-gen themed sets with some beautiful illustration rares moving forward, but also with some cool playable cards that feature the newest pokemon and designs. I thought that Celestial Storm and Ultra Prism were amazing callbacks to gen 3 and 4 respectively. Just imagine if Rayquqza GX, Jirachi GX, and Dialga/Palkia GX had alternate arts back then...

When will this 151 set be released in the UK? And when it is released, will the cards be in English or as illustrated in the pictures above?

Thanks in advance...

When will this 151 set be released in the UK? And when it is released, will the cards be in English or as illustrated in the pictures above?

Thanks in advance...
It will be in English because you live in the UK. It may be released as a Fall set in September 2023 as Scarlet & Violet 3.5 (.5 means subset), but that is just speculation. There is no official release date internationally yet.

Back