Ruling “Negative” retreat cost? Heal Block? Druddigon?

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys!

This time, I want to introduce two of my thoughts.

Situation A:
Player “A” has this Crobat as active Pokémon and this Glaceon on bench. Due to Glaceon’s ability, Crobat has now technical retreat cost of “− 2”.
(1) Does it mean, that if player “B” has two of these Jellicents on bench, Crobat’s retreat cost “returns” to 0?
(2) Does it also mean, that this Garbodor’s attack “Ensnarl” does no damage to Crobat, and in opposite this Galvantula’s “Electrisilk” adds damage because of zero retreat cost?

Situation B:
There’s this Bronzong in play, whose ability forbids all ways of healing damage except for moving damage counters from one Pokémon to another.
(1) Does it mean, that damage counters can be moved only between one player’s Pokémon, or is it possible move those counters from one player’s Pokémon to opponent’s Pokémon? In another words, if one of those players has for example this Beheeyem or this Cofagrigus in play, do their attacks (Damakinesis/Damagriiigus) work normally?
(2) Another case is this Vaporeon’s or this Beautifly’s attack (Refreshing Rain/Drainpour) – their effects are blocked by Heal Block, aren’t they? Similarly self-healing attacks like this Zubat’s or this Golbat’s “Spiral Drain”?

And one additional question to my previous post with questions: If one player has this Mr. Mime, whose ability blocks all damage done to the player’s benched Pokémon from attacks, this Chandelure’s ability works normally, doesn’t it? (Just to be sure.)

Yeah, and before I forget, one of my friends asked me, if both of these Druddigon’s attacks do 30 more damage during that player’s next turn, if it uses its second attack – I replied to my friend, that it is the same case like with all attack, which normally doesn’t any damage, and so no damage would be dealt by that Druddigon’s first attack, am I right?

Thanks for answers ;-)

Situation A:
(1) I understand what you're meaning, but there is no such thing as "negative" values in this case. While Jellicent and Vaporeon do negate eachother, it would be explained in opposite order. (Jelly modifed by Vaporeon).
(2) Correct

Situation B:
(1) Damage counters can still be moved normally as they are technically not "healing".
(2) Correct

Bonus round: It does. Correct once again.
Double bonus round: Correct. In order for an attacks damage to be modifed, it must have a damage value to begin with.

...I would just like to pop in and say that I love that you posted all the card scans you were asking about, and in a very neat and organized way too. I look forward to seeing questions like these.

Back