Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
As we reported last month, a new “Mew VMAX League Battle Deck” will release on November 11th! It’ll come with two copies each of Mew V, Mew VMAX, and Genesect V. It will retail for $29.99.

Mew-VMAX-League-Battle-Deck_EN-1345x1500-f3a2c67-179x200.jpg

Mew-VMAX-League-Battle-Deck-Deck-List-200x200.jpg

Mew-VMAX-League-Battle-Deck-Contents-200x104.jpg

Finish Foes through Fusion Strike—with Mew VMAX!
Team up with the adorable Mew VMAX and finish opponents with a force of Fusion Strike firepower! This Pokémon VMAX is yours in this...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

xtal

Aspiring Trainer
Kind of bummed that theyre just dropping main VMAX/VSTAR in $30-60 boxes. I'm sure theyve been doing this for a while, I'm just getting back into TCG. Kind of ruins the chase of trying to get it from set packs..

BobTheFlub

Aspiring Trainer
Kind of bummed that theyre just dropping main VMAX/VSTAR in $30-60 boxes. I'm sure theyve been doing this for a while, I'm just getting back into TCG. Kind of ruins the chase of trying to get it from set packs..
This is a bad take. Anything that helps gives players easier access to competitive play should be considered a good thing. You shouldn't be chasing cards like this out of packs anyway. Besides, there's still the higher rarity versions if you really want the chase.

•FlamingRedDeoxys•

Psychic Type Expert
Ironic coming from a Deoxys lover but. I really think Deoxys was kinda unnecessary in this box, yet he does make for some box filler. I do guess it would speak volumes to have an entire playset of Genesect V and Meloetta over 2 Deoxys and an Oricorio subtracting from it as Pokémon would just be handing out an obvious list.
Glad to see Fusion Strike is now an accessible to all deck now however!
I do wonder, fear and anticipate if Scarlet and Violet’s ex cards will powercreep just a smidgeon and counter some of our current meta but well. We haven’t seen “new base set beats last year’s other base wave” ever from what I’ve observed.

Falconerguy

Aspiring Trainer
It also makes competitive pokemon massively more accessible, especially for kids. You really shouldn't be opening packs for singles either way.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
i love that mention of mew being one of the most popular Pokemon from the Kanto region because they clearly recognize this TCG would go nowhere if they didn't keep milking it.

Polaris

There are tons of ways of dealing with Mew VMax, especially with the new Drapion V that kills it for no energy. This is great; well, just great for anybody who didn't spend 100+ $$s on these cards.

Luke Skywalker

Expanded Best Format
There are tons of ways of dealing with Mew VMax, especially with the new Drapion V that kills it for no energy. This is great; well, just great for anybody who didn't spend 100+ $$s on these cards.
I feel like most of the people that did spend that amount of money probably got their use out of it since then. Unless they bought them just for one tournament.

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah the deck's annoying but I really hate card games gatekeeping players from playing due to price. PTCG has been really great keeping the game open; definitely beats the shitshow from when I was a kind and didn't play due to 4-of $100 Shaymins being a requirement.

Besides, Mew has taken a noticeable dip since Arceus/Palkia, but I don't know if stupid powercreep necessarily indicates it's a well designed deck

Polaris

Yeah the deck's annoying but I really hate card games gatekeeping players from playing due to price. PTCG has been really great keeping the game open; definitely beats the shitshow from when I was a kind and didn't play due to 4-of $100 Shaymins being a requirement.

Besides, Mew has taken a noticeable dip since Arceus/Palkia, but I don't know if stupid powercreep necessarily indicates it's a well designed deck
Mew really isn't overpowered anymore; Arceus and Palkia generally beat it, and if you want budget singleprizers, Lunatone/Solrock or Regis beat Mew over 50% of the time (see limitlesstcg online data). Mew was never THAT poorly designed either; the deck gives you lots of options and isn't braindead. I think Mew was the first card to be on the absurd power level of Arceus and Palkia; it feels a lot more balanced now, but all of these cards are subject to the general poor design elements of the game as a whole. We'll see how things look in November, but I predict it'll never be a S tier deck again.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Mew really isn't overpowered anymore; Arceus and Palkia generally beat it, and if you want budget singleprizers, Lunatone/Solrock or Regis beat Mew over 50% of the time (see limitlesstcg online data). Mew was never THAT poorly designed either; the deck gives you lots of options and isn't braindead. I think Mew was the first card to be on the absurd power level of Arceus and Palkia; it feels a lot more balanced now, but all of these cards are subject to the general poor design elements of the game as a whole. We'll see how things look in November, but I predict it'll never be a S tier deck again.
Mew Vmax is not only underpowered, but come Lost Origin, with drapion v bring basic AND can use its attack w/ ANY energy type for one less energy per Single, Rapid, AND/OR fusion, strike pokemon placed in play by the mew vmax player, it could become rogue, and/or not worth $30 for a half Mew Vmax deck... :(

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Damnnnnnn, never before have I seen such a bad take. I have a few opinions on this.

1) No one buys packs for singles. It's for drafts and for fun. If you want singles then buy them online. The chase wasn't really there from the get go as 9 times out of 10 you would be losing money.

2) And if you're getting back into the TCG, isn't it a good thing that Pokemon is reprinting these sought for cards in these preconstructed decks? You would need to spend less money to build the deck and you have something to play with before you begin the slow process of upgrading to the full competitive version.

Sounds like a complaint just for the sake of complaining to be honest.