“Mew VMAX League Battle Deck” in November!

Rayquaza Vmax is awful, it never picked up play. If anything it should've been Duraludon Vmax but they probably didn't make it because most decks use the Duraludon from Champion's Path and and they probably decided against putting a card from a special set in a product like this.
I guess Rayquaza already has a V Battle Deck and they're probably trying to give us cards from other sets but they could easily add 1 copy Boltund VMAX for variety. Playability-wise, they could do Gengar VMAX or even Greedent VMAX but i guess Fusion Strike would probably get way more sales since we already have Single Strike and Inteleon Boxes.. Duraludon needs Zacian and i don't think they'll do another Zacian Box since its already available from ADP. Plus we dont need another metal saucer deck & they're probably thinking of making this League Battle Deck post rotation friendly. I guess they sort of cornered themselves somehow, lol. They could still do RS Rillaboom with the Rapid Inteleon though, that would give us some valuable cards without dumping a bunch of Vs into the market.

Last edited:
Deck doesn't come out until November. By then we will have Drapion V in the format to easily counter any potential revival of mew in the format. Glad its coming out to make it cheaper for others for kids and casual play.
Still have Poncho for Mew VMAX to survive on the bench while Meloetta does extra kills, but yeah, good call on Drapion turning the table on Mew VMAX (since any deck can just play 1 copy for a free VMAX knockout - would need stadiums/ pumpkaboo though.)

Short term salty, long term super stoked. Was difficult getting that card myself, Fusion Strike had me sweating something since I always get 2 boxes of of a main expansion; however, Mew being my favourite and this set containing so many Mew Cards, I ended up by the end of it going 8 booster boxes (first and only time I ever went hard on a set). Not. One. Mew VMAX. So there is the short term salt out of the way. Long term, this is an awesome trend. I can now expect there to be more of these types of products coming that introduce these otherwise quite pricy cards which makes things super great for a collector like me and really awesome for people who want to build decks using these cards!

Wasnt expecting people to get so mad at me. Sorry everyone. As I said in a different response, back when I was little and opening base set there was just a beauitful simplicity of the rare legendaries being truly rare. The access for competitive is great. But for example the magic of the base set charizard was that it was incredibly rare and not in $30 boxes. There's huge negatives to that setup, but it was kind of neat. And as others outlined, that aspect still exists with the alternate arts, so everything is fine.

I guess part of me just wants pokemon like *Mew* to be a bit more illusive, but that is not how they design it. Is what it is!
Actually Charizard is way more common than today's VMAXes lol.

Out of 1 WOTC box you'd get 12 holos - there are only 16.

Today you might get 1 VMAX - at most 2 - sometimes even 0 out of the 7+.

The only difference was back then people hardly bought booster boxes, whereas it seems to be normalized today.

And over in Japan, you are guaranteed 2 out of the 3 VMAX/STAR in each box you open, as well as 4 of the 6 Vs. If anything, Mew VMAX should be made much easier to pull than it is. That goes the same for every rarity of course, but anything that is not an alt art (full art+) should be made much more common for the game part of the TCG. I think it's high time they eliminate 'rare' cards which have never existed in Japan. Holo should be the guarantee.

Wasnt expecting people to get so mad at me. Sorry everyone. As I said in a different response, back when I was little and opening base set there was just a beauitful simplicity of the rare legendaries being truly rare. The access for competitive is great. But for example the magic of the base set charizard was that it was incredibly rare and not in $30 boxes. There's huge negatives to that setup, but it was kind of neat. And as others outlined, that aspect still exists with the alternate arts, so everything is fine.

I guess part of me just wants pokemon like *Mew* to be a bit more illusive, but that is not how they design it. Is what it is!
welcome back. As you've seen, there's lots of toxicity, lots of opinions, but hopefully you can enjoy the game the way you want to play it, and chase the cards you want to chase.

This is a card GAME, cards are not only to be appreciated, they are meant to be played with. "Back then when I was young holos were rare" is such a snooze argument. We are not in 1998 anymore. Things evolve.
At the end of the day, the person who commented that doesn't have to buy the product if they don't like it. Just buy booster packs and open the same mew vmax.

In today's society, I'd rather save money than have that chase feeling. Tell me whats better wasting £100 on packs and not getting a mew vmax instead you can buy this product with 2 mew vmax for cheaper? and you have £50 and spend it like on rent.

Quite simple.

Short term salty, long term super stoked. Was difficult getting that card myself, Fusion Strike had me sweating something since I always get 2 boxes of of a main expansion; however, Mew being my favourite and this set containing so many Mew Cards, I ended up by the end of it going 8 booster boxes (first and only time I ever went hard on a set). Not. One. Mew VMAX. So there is the short term salt out of the way. Long term, this is an awesome trend. I can now expect there to be more of these types of products coming that introduce these otherwise quite pricy cards which makes things super great for a collector like me and really awesome for people who want to build decks using these cards!
you'd only get the pricy cards if its competitive and played in decks at tourneys. You are unlikely to get Charizard VMAX in this fashion unless it is played a lot in the meta.

At the end of the day, the person who commented that doesn't have to buy the product if they don't like it. Just buy booster packs and open the same mew vmax.

In today's society, I'd rather save money than have that chase feeling. Tell me whats better wasting £100 on packs and not getting a mew vmax instead you can buy this product with 2 mew vmax for cheaper? and you have £50 and spend it like on rent.

Quite simple.
I am glad that I am not the only one that find this to be ridiculously stupid. We are living in a bizarro world, I can't believe some people would rather waste so much money for a chance to pull a sought after rare card rather than getting it guaranteed. That person must be one of those people in a game show to risk it all and then lose but then says I had fun. Yeah, you were chosen at random (against all odd) then decide to look stupid in front everyone.

I am glad that I am not the only one that find this to be ridiculously stupid. We are living in a bizarro world, I can't believe some people would rather waste so much money for a chance to pull a sought after rare card rather than getting it guaranteed. That person must be one of those people in a game show to risk it all and then lose but then says I had fun. Yeah, you were chosen at random (against all odd) then decide to look stupid in front everyone.
My comment is entirely dependent on how much disposable income you have.

for me as a new player, this is a good news. I always want to try out the deck and $30 is a small price to play for a 60 card set and it can be played out-of-the box with minimal upgrade. Unlike the basic decks, this deck still stand the chance of not being beaten up all the time.

Back