Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Lost Abyss has finally been revealed in Japan! We first discovered its trademark back in November 2021.

hero-head-1-172x300.png

As posted before, the set will feature Giratina VSTAR and the return of the Lost Zone. It will include 100 cards before secret rares. It will release in Japan on July 15th.
Many cards from this set will become part of our September set, Lost Origin, along with cards from Dark Phantasma. Lost Origin was officially revealed today, but no cards were revealed.

Pokemon_TCG_Sword_Shield_-_Lost_Origin_Giratina_OriginForme_Booster_Wrap-109x200.png

Continue reading...

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
First Comfey card since...the first and until now only Comfey card.

Somewhat miffed they aren't calling it "Origin Forme Giratina" going forward to be consistent with the 2 new Origin Formes. Then again, the TCG has never been terribly consistent with which forms get to be considered unique Pokemon names.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
This is all actually really cool. Of course, once again, going sicko mode and attaching 8 Energies a turn is "the big payoff" with Mirage Gate, but for now I don't see too many overpowered cards that can achieve that magical number 7 in a single turn. For now it's just Comfey pivot and Colress as supporter, for the reliable options. Hopefully they won't just Fusion Strike the entire mechanic with more cards.

Pokémon Spears

Aspiring Trainer
Somewhat miffed they aren't calling it "Origin Forme Giratina" going forward to be consistent with the 2 new Origin Formes. Then again, the TCG has never been terribly consistent with which forms get to be considered unique Pokemon names.
I think if any they're being consistent with the rest of the Giratina cards, who had never made a distinction between Altered and Origin formes.

There's also the fact that despite being called the same, Origin Forme, Dialga and Palkia are somewhat different, because their base forms weren't renamed "Altered Forme" like in Giratina's case, so even though I agree with you in that I prefer to see the Forme distinction in their names, it somewhat makes sense that Dialga and Palkia are being treated different than Giratina? idk

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Lost City - will be played in almost every deck, even its not LZ focused. Because it punishes decks like Regigigas that runs few copies of the Pokemon they've used, or tech cards that might need to use later after being KOed. Also not a huge problem on your side since you just not worrying much of losing an attacker or a Lumi, as long as you have a bench space and a spare attacker. 5 Geodudes
Lost Sweeper - maybe losing tool removal isn't a problem anymore. 5 Geodudes
Mirage Gate - now we have to find a way to T1 this card and make it broken. 5 Geodudes
Colress' Experiment - applies to all decks since it gives you a speed draw. 4-5
Giratina V/VSTAR - OHKO VSTAR, OHKO VMAX with a Choice Belt. 4/5
Comfey - first card after 6 years! It's a nice draw card, too. Acro Bike as an ability, except the discarded card can't be recovered. 4 Geodudes
Shuppet/Banette - Stage 1 tho. 1-of in Zoroark for Supporter recovery, and that's it. 2/4
Delphox V - Fire decks still mostly rely on Arceus since Magma Basin won't help you get the 3 energy in a single turn. 3-4
Cramorant - First, 110 is meh even worse if applying no weakness. Secondly, the ability is more complicated to pull off. Thirdly, Hoopa and Moltres does the same attack as this, but the condition is easily met than Cramorant. Sure, Cramorant attacks for free, rather than single energy, but how will you get 4 cards in the Lost Zone, turn 1 going second, especially if you're leading with it? 3-4

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
That Delphox art looks terrible. Maybe it'll get an alt art that would make the wait for another art/card worthwhile.

I mean, compare the art done for the packs with the shite 5ban Graphics makes. My God.

Also wondering whether any PLA trainers will show up now that Colress has taken one of the 4 slots.

The Fish

0.o
That Delphox art looks terrible. Maybe it'll get an alt art that would make the wait for another art/card worthwhile.

I mean, compare the art done for the packs with the shite 5ban Graphics makes. My God.

Also wondering whether any PLA trainers will show up now that Colress has taken one of the 4 slots.
While the Delphox is horrendous, 5ban have at the very least made Giratina looks stunning

Obviiious

Aspiring Trainer
And again, they put the most amazing and wonderfull artwork on the English boosterpacks that we rip and throw away, and put ugly renders on the actual cards that we play with.

I really, really, really do not understand the reasoning for this.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Now, I don't play Expanded because lol and maybe even lmao, but Mirage Gate combined with cards from Lost Thunder makes this whole mechanic already seem really broken.