Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new “Infernape V Box” will release in America and Europe on September 9th, the same day Lost Origin releases.

Infernape-V-Box-300x272.jpg

It’ll include an Infernape V promo card, a jumbo version, a bonus Empoleon card, four booster packs, and a code card.
The box will retail for $19.99.
Infernape V was originally released as part of Japan’s January Gym promos. Empoleon is a direct reprint from Brilliant Stars. We’re not sure why Empoleon is randomly included in the box. It’ll be holo, so perhaps it will be printed on cosmic holofoil paper to distinguish it from the original holo...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, but what about cards that are going to be in the Lost Abyss set? I am guessing the list will begin next Friday.
We should have the initial reveals of Lost Abyss tonight. The set releases in Japan in about 3 weeks, so the full set list will be available in about 2 weeks. It's very odd that they waited this long to reveal anything...

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
We should have the initial reveals of Lost Abyss tonight. The set releases in Japan in about 3 weeks, so the full set list will be available in about 2 weeks. It's very odd that they waited this long to reveal anything...
Exactly, and next week we will have Pokemon Go but the 60-card deck list of Melmetal and Mewtwo hasn't been revealed.

LightYearLiam

This is so funny to me, that they'd take a pretty useless Gym promo and roll out the red carpet for it with its own fancy box. Not really complaining, it's just funny. And at least the box design is nice.

Cradilyfan1512

Aspiring Trainer
This is so funny to me, that they'd take a pretty useless Gym promo and roll out the red carpet for it with its own fancy box. Not really complaining, it's just funny. And at least the box design is nice.
What do you mean it's useless
It can do big damage with both attacks
This is going to be a good promo in competitive

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
Do you guys think we’ll get some Diamond and Pearl starter promos and V+VSTAR cards of the starter’s final evolutions before Scarlett and Violet?

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Weird that they decided to release this as a box and yet we still have no info on the Dialga & Palkia FAs or the Jirachi and Virizion cards.

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Weird that they decided to release this as a box and yet we still have no info on the Dialga & Palkia FAs or the Jirachi and Virizion cards.
Well, those came out in March, and this came out in January... So, it'll be a hot second. I'm seeing those cards probably as tins or boxes. Or, they may be in an eventual holiday set as reprints. Who knows

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Ignoring the hideous art, I'm tired of Infernape getting bad cards. The dude is a top 3 starter and bodies charizard in every conceivable capacity, so why must they give him awful cards every 3-5 sets?

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I'm sad that both Garchomp and Infernape got such shoddy V's and no VStar... and the fact both have 0 retreat cost is such a tease, because that'd be amazing if their actual attacks were better.

FlameBoy4792

Aspiring Trainer
Piplup gets way more love than the other two starters, it’s nice to see Infernape getting its own product. Though, even before this, Chimchar was favoured more than Turtwig, so I hope there’s at least a Torterra V at some point.