“ex Starter Decks” Revealed Featuring Greninja ex, Decidueye ex, Clefable ex, and More!

These are obviously ex-es "for beginners" (aka "give us money for bad cards"), but it feels very nostalgic to see cards that don't give you every resource for free and have reasonable damage numbers. This is how the SV era should have looked like.
+1 I would like to see SV block with low cards and drop of SWSH block in 2024 for example, so we would have format with only SV after a year, meta would be fresh as hell

Greninja ex might have some crazy synergy with Meowscarada ex and Radiant Alakazam, since Meowscarada also attacks for damage counters and can run colorless

Greninja ex might have some crazy synergy with Meowscarada ex and Radiant Alakazam, since Meowscarada also attacks for damage counters and can run colorless
Would probably be too inefficient to run 2 different stage-2 lines that are of different types. Meowscarada requires grass energy to be discarded for its ability so that also means running 2 different energy types, the consistency seems a little low. Imo greninja pairs with Hawlucha & alakazam the best.

The only card remotely playable from the bunch is Clefable. Decidueye had potential to be interesting, but then they decided to give it a completely useless attack. No one's playing a stage 2 for that ability alone.

Maybe it's just me but I feel the powercreep is all over the place, they still can't get decided in key numbers for stage 2 ex and regulars, same for regular ex.
I'm glad the game is slowing a bit but at what cost

Back