Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
S9a Battle Legion has been officially revealed! We first discovered its trademark last July and revealed the first information about the set in October.
The set will release in Japan on February 25th and feature 67 cards before secret rares.
Battle Legion will introduce a new type of Pokemon card called “Sparkling Pokemon.” As the name implies, they are shiny Pokemon with “Sparkling” in their name. They are powerful Basic Pokemon, so you can only include one in your deck.

1442_K026_658kagayakuGEKKOUGA-143x200.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Disappointed with that sui Chandelure too. Doesn't really look much like their work. Maybe the holo background doesn't help but looks like one of the more poorer Chandelure cards.

Also, besides the top tier Pokemon - is there a second tier of Pokemon that the TCG likes to feature? Starmie also got a GX, like Honchkrow, Flygon, Trevenant etc.

Oh maybe Starmie's in so that Misty gets another card since there's a CHR subset in this.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Ngl, at first I was scared they found a way to bring back 3-prizers immediately after getting rid of them, but this is just Prism cards. It's okay.
I think star from EX is more defined than Prism Star. The rule for Prism Star doesn't let you have more than one of the same name while the Star from EX doesn't let you have more than one Star in your deck. Maybe I am missing something.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Yo, why does Lucario have 70x for each energy on all of your opponent's Pokemon as a Vstar attack and Starmie has exactly the same attack, 50x, on a basic, for the same cost?? Not saying Starmie's better, but the power gap is very small.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
OH MY GOD I'M EXCITED
1. GRENINJA LOOKS INSANELY GOOD
2. FINALLY, ANOTHER GOOD GARCHOMP
3. LUCARIO FINALLY GETTING ABOVE AVERAGE ULTRA RARES

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I wanted a Starmie VStar, but the lack of reveal with the V and the fact the V has a fairly decent 2nd attack tells me we're not getting one. :'(

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Sparkling Greninja - don't matter the atk, the attack is not great. The ability tho, absolutely nuts, draw power, plus it help decks like Flaaffy that accels energy from the discard. These Sparkling Pokemon pretty much a replica of Pokemon Gold Stars. 5 Geodudes
Sparkling Hawlucha - great against VMAX decks, other than that, eh. If VMAX continues to dominate rn (We don't know how Star Birth cards, especially VStars perform in Japan, since we don't have Jap tournaments yet.) 5 Geodude
Garchomp V - 4 energy to take out almost every Pokemon V is too much, but with Melony and Arceus, this thing is playable yet not spammable. 3-4 Geodudes
Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure - another use for Top Entry Lampent, on a deck that nobody gives a toss on it. 2/2/3
Starmie V - whatever. That effect is counterable. Even decks that can run single energy atkrs easily counters this thing. But as tech, it has a chance. 3-4
Gutsy Pickaxe - finally, as superior energy accel for F types, but not just F types. Love this thing. 5 Geodudes
Dark Patch - as if this reprint was reasonable for Metal Saucer to rotate in September 2022. Dark type decks love this. Even Eternatus loves this thing. Man, another buff for Eternatus VMAX. 5 Geodudes
Lucario V/VMAX - I like this with Double Turbo, 220 dmg is enough to KO Vs, even F weak VStar/VMax. VStar Power is not a necessity, yet it came in clutch. 3/4
Darkrai V/VMAX - We got Moltres, Moltres, Dark Patch, Piers, that will make Eternatus gets flushed in the toilet. Actually, you can mix these two together. That will work. 3/5 Geodudes
Hoopa - whatever. Not worth giving up a prize. 3 Geodudes

Nyora

A Cat
Yo, why does Lucario have 70x for each energy on all of your opponent's Pokemon as a Vstar attack and Starmie has exactly the same attack, 50x, on a basic, for the same cost?? Not saying Starmie's better, but the power gap is very small.
50x7 = 350 - Finally, I can OHKO VMAX without choice belt.
70x7 = 490 - can KO things with 2 energy with a different attack and still be able to OHKO with this attack.

50x6 = 300 - VSTAR die, but you might need a Choice Belt for VMAX.
70x6 = 420 - lol, but I can KO something with 1 energy attached with a different attack and still be able to OHKO most things.

50x5 = 250 - some VSTAR and most basic V dead.
70x5 = 350 - VMAX die.

50x4 = 200 - barely missing the KO on some basic Vs, can do that with a belt.
70x4 = 280 - VSTAR die, with belt some VMAX die.

50x3 = 150 - decent damage all around, might miss a single prize stage 2 every once in a bit, can KO bat + fish with belt.
70x3 = 210 - a good portion of basic V dead, nearly all with belt.

50x2 = 100 - bad, might miss KO on single prize supports and hardly 2HKO anything viable.
70x2 = 140 - ditto, but can KO most single prize supports and allows VMAX/VSTAR to be KO'd by Lucario VSTAR's first attack. KO's fish with belt.

50x1 = 50 - yikes
70x1 = 70 - at least I can kill a lot of single prize evolving mons if need be.

Lucario's may be a VSTAR power, but it's more versatile given the mon it is on having a 2nd, pretty decent attack. Starmie V may be good as well, but does take a significant leap in energy to do much as well as it. Vs Darkrai VSTAR for instance, them having 4 energy means you OHKO. However, Darkrai VSTAR will only be able to do 150 (30x4+30), 180 with choice belt. Starmie needs 6 energy on their board to OHKO, or 5 w/belt. A Darkrai VSTAR with 6 energy on board can OHKO a Starmie V, so you are at best using it to trade evenly.
That said, it's not necessarily a bad tech anyway in decks that can run Starmie V. After all, it does have Shred, and no retreat cost. I kind of expect this in Suicune V decks if they're worried about Darkrai VSTAR or other energy-splashing decks. That deck could also play Greninja, which is a nice buff for consistency if people feel the need to use it.
Lucario VSTAR is a little more linear, and personally I don't think we've seen all of the support. The fighting energy support item feels incomplete without stuff that it obviously pairs with, like an inevitable Mallow reprint or whatever. But it's regular attack can OHKO a Darkrai VSTAR with belt and no DTE, though it doesn't really hold up as well vs VMAX pokemon, especially Mew. Additionally, if stuff like Torterra or other 130+ HP single prizers become good, it can definitely struggle with those matchups too.

But in terms of the difference between 70x and 50x, it's pretty gigantic. Those numbers scale quickly.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Sparkling Greninja - don't matter the atk, the attack is not great. The ability tho, absolutely nuts, draw power, plus it help decks like Flaaffy that accels energy from the discard. These Sparkling Pokemon pretty much a replica of Pokemon Gold Stars. 5 Geodudes
Sparkling Hawlucha - great against VMAX decks, other than that, eh. If VMAX continues to dominate rn (We don't know how Star Birth cards, especially VStars perform in Japan, since we don't have Jap tournaments yet.) 5 Geodude
Garchomp V - 4 energy to take out almost every Pokemon V is too much, but with Melony and Arceus, this thing is playable yet not spammable. 3-4 Geodudes
Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure - another use for Top Entry Lampent, on a deck that nobody gives a toss on it. 2/2/3
Starmie V - whatever. That effect is counterable. Even decks that can run single energy atkrs easily counters this thing. But as tech, it has a chance. 3-4
Gutsy Pickaxe - finally, as superior energy accel for F types, but not just F types. Love this thing. 5 Geodudes
Dark Patch - as if this reprint was reasonable for Metal Saucer to rotate in September 2022. Dark type decks love this. Even Eternatus loves this thing. Man, another buff for Eternatus VMAX. 5 Geodudes
Lucario V/VMAX - I like this with Double Turbo, 220 dmg is enough to KO Vs, even F weak VStar/VMax. VStar Power is not a necessity, yet it came in clutch. 3/4
Darkrai V/VMAX - We got Moltres, Moltres, Dark Patch, Piers, that will make Eternatus gets flushed in the toilet. Actually, you can mix these two together. That will work. 3/5 Geodudes
Hoopa - whatever. Not worth giving up a prize. 3 Geodudes
Don't forget Galarian weezing(double dark energy ability) from CRE in the darkrai mix. Oh, Piers and eternatus will rotate in sept. 2022 along w/ metal saucer and the rest of the D block..

Darkrai vstar could be another metadeck this and next cycle due to the aforementioned Galarian weezing...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Don't forget Galarian weezing(double dark energy ability) from CRE in the darkrai mix. Oh, Piers and eternatus will rotate in sept. 2022 along w/ metal saucer and the rest of the D block..

Darkrai vstar could be another metadeck this and next cycle due to the aforementioned Galarian weezing...
I don't recommend it. You already clogging your deck with bunch of Pokemon. Also, Galarian Weezing only works on Weezings, so we need a G. Weezing V for that, at least 2-prized powerhouse. If you go on that route, go for it. But I rather use basics for consistency, not bunch of Stage 1s. We have Moltres, well 2 of them, for Goodness sake, so I'll go on that. Also, attacks like this that stacks energy for dmg is not healthy for the meta rn. At least you need 5 energy + Choice Belt to KO a Mew VMAX.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I am SO hype about greninja for Archies in expanded!
I know no one cares.

I think it is just a better espeon deoxys. It fits that role very well.
And it is just straight up more draw support!
And no more 1 of psychic energy!

I'm absolutely ECSTATIC.