Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We now have the full English set list for Astral Radiance!
It contains 246 cards: 189 regular cards, 27 secret rares, and 30 Trainer Gallery cards.
Our set is comprised of the cards from Battle Region, Time Gazer, and Space Juggler. It also uses two Gym promos: Galarian Mr. Rime V and Spicy Seasoned Curry. All Trainer cards from the Japanese sources made it into our set.
As expected, over 60 Pokemon...

Continue reading...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Welp, I'll just wait for next week for the Digital English scans of these cards. For now, my Partial Set List is done. Now, onto Pokemon GO Set List

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
They cut out vileplume, Poliwrath, Gardenia and Roserade, definitely not going to purchase this oversized product. To make matters worse, "it seems you’ll get about one Radiant Pokemon per box". The Wizards days all over again. Quoting from South Park "I have to buy buy buy".

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
"It seems you’ll get about one Radiant Pokemon per box."

Yikes, I hope I get at least 1 each of Hawlucha and Greninja from my 3 boxes and ETB and PC ETB.

Also this means that the Radiant Charizard from the Go set will probably be very very valuable... I mean obviously it always would have been as a Shiny Charizard card, but it's basically a secret rare if it keeps the same pullrate, and we can't just buy booster boxes of the Go set. For the first time I'm hoping it's not that good, because I'd feel guilty playing a $100+ card and potentially getting it scuffs even with good sleeves.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure what TPCi is going for anymore. They really need to just bite the bullet and switch to a release schedule that matches Japan's. At this rate, SWSH12 is gonna have over 300 cards, which is ridiculous.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Wait what? They never made a Galarian Articuno V for the Trainer Gallery? How does that make any sense?

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe they should stop pushing cards back. Or maybe Japan should make fewer, larger sets.

Great. They put 3 of the 4 Tomokazu Komiya cards in the NEXT set. Fan friggen tastic.

Last edited:

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
The only problem I have is that every so once and a while we miss out on cards. They remain Japanese release only. They costs WAY too much to own. So many cards...
Yeah, they should probably make less cards in fewer, larger easier to find products.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think that any of the character art cards will be promos. Currently you have 40 listed, with 8 more from Dark Phantasma not included - that makes 48. Add the 4 unreleased gold cards and the inevitable next 8 from the next japanese subset after Lost Abyss and that's a perfect 60 - 30 each for Lost Origin and the November set, following the pattern of the 2 sets prior

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Well, at least there's only 3 Radiant Pokemon per set, and it's competing with the TG too in the reverse slot. Not sure if the Radiant is part of the hits or has taken up one of those slots. Also, they don't look nice anyway.

But something really needs to be done with the set sizes and rarity tiers. It's disgusting.

Surely they can be more innovative than pulling stuff out to make oversized promo cards.

It's not like Japan doesn't already present an entirely different way of releasing product - smaller, less bulk, easier for players/TCG, guaranteed rates etc.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
They cut out vileplume, Poliwrath, Gardenia and Roserade, definitely not going to purchase this oversized product. To make matters worse, "it seems you’ll get about one Radiant Pokemon per box". The Wizards days all over again. Quoting from South Park "I have to buy buy buy".
I mean there's only three of them, other than Greninja, the other two won't be too popular. One guranteed per box isn't bad, there should be plenty pulled to make them not too pricey.

Karsty

Aspiring Trainer
Way too big of a set, why double of some characters? Why so many secret rares? Checklane blisters are neat though.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
I don't think that any of the character art cards will be promos. Currently you have 40 listed, with 8 more from Dark Phantasma not included - that makes 48. Add the 4 unreleased gold cards and the inevitable next 8 from the next japanese subset after Lost Abyss and that's a perfect 60 - 30 each for Lost Origin and the November set, following the pattern of the 2 sets prior
The only problem is we don't know if Vstar Universe will introduce new ones after that, and those would have to come in our SWSH12 as well. It would be really strange to include cards from this block in Scarlet & Violet.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
The only problem is we don't know if Vstar Universe will introduce new ones after that, and those would have to come in our SWSH12 as well. It would be really strange to include cards from this block in Scarlet & Violet.
Why would it be strange?

Even if it's a new generation with a new mechanic, the sets don't even rotate out. They exist at the same time, so no it wouldn't be strange.

Stop making excuses for TPCi to produce shitty sets.