Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Astral Radiance, our tenth Sword & Shield set, has been officially revealed by TPCi! We first learned about the set back in January. Some of its French products leaked two weeks ago.

Sword_Shield_-_Astral_Radiance_Logo-200x68.png

swsh10-banner-200x113.jpg

The set is inspired by the Legends: Arceus video game. It will feature various Hisuian Pokemon and card art that showcases the Hisui region.
Astral Radiance will feature over 180 cards, including…

3 brand-new Radiant Pokemon (the English name for “Sparkling Pokemon“)
7 awesome Pokemon VSTAR
19 powerful Pokemon V

Continue reading...

Last edited:

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Weird that Darkrai is the ETB design.

It will feature over 180 cards, including three new Radiant Pokemon (the English name for Sparkling Pokemon), seven Pokemon VSTAR, 19 Pokemon V, two Pokemon VMAX, and more than 20 Trainer cards.

Given what's already on the pack art:
VSTAR
1. Darkrai
2. Palkia
3. Dialga
4. Decidueye
5. Typhlosion
6. Samurott
Leaving 1 additional Pokemon. Lucario is a promo so basically the other 3 unrevealed VSTAR from TG/SJ have been cut.

What's interesting is 2 Pokemon VMAX. Will one be CoroCoro Pikachu? Otherwise you'd think that it's time for 2 of Melmetal/Hatterene/Machamp? (Appletun doesn't really count) Surely they won't do something dumb and make the 2 like Tyranitar and Absol VMAX or something...

montoya.c

Aspiring Trainer
That’s some spot-on set forecasting. Weren’t there talks of a mid-year special set for the US as well? If the Trainer Gallery subsets are in all four of this year’s sets, what could that consist of? Unless it’s just the remaining two Trainer Galleries put into one set knocking out those VMAX Climax character cards mid-year. There’s also that Pokémon Go set that’s coming out.

I hope that this year’s potential end-of-the-year special set is another shiny collection like Shining Fates featuring the Gen 4 Pokémon. That’d be cool. I’m sure we’ll also see promos of the Gen 9 starters releasing this year as well.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
That’s some spot-on set forecasting. Weren’t there talks of a mid-year special set for the US as well? If the Trainer Gallery subsets are in all four of this year’s sets, what could that consist of? Unless it’s just the remaining two Trainer Galleries put into one set knocking out those VMAX Climax character cards mid-year. There’s also that Pokémon Go set that’s coming out.

I hope that this year’s potential end-of-the-year special set is another shiny collection like Shining Legends featuring the Gen 4 Pokémon. That’d be cool. I’m sure we’ll also see promos of the Gen 9 starters releasing this year as well.
Pokemon Go is the mid year special set. I don't think it's likely to have any of the cut cards shoved into it.

Given that nearly 80 cards have been cut, they kind of almost need to have an additional special set otherwise the final 2 sets will be worse than Fusion Strike. You can bet Japan will have even more sets and products than those already alluded to in the post.

Not to mention their closer set which I really hope we do get and not be another Tag Team All Stars.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Only Pikachu has a VMAX. Would hope that the 2 Vs come over because the artist is amazing and Japan cards have print lines galore but not holding out hope for those 2.
I could've swore Eevee also had a Vmax. I was gonna say maybe we could be getting the alternate print for Duraludon and Rayquaza Vmax from Vmax Climax but it makes no sense to include those since this Trainer Gallery' leads are the Calyrex. So maybe they are new Vmaxes that will come in Time Gazer/Space Juggler? Other than Corocoro Pikachu I don't think we are missing any other.

smich_01

Casual PTCGO Player
Weird that Darkrai is the ETB design.

It will feature over 180 cards, including three new Radiant Pokemon (the English name for Sparkling Pokemon), seven Pokemon VSTAR, 19 Pokemon V, two Pokemon VMAX, and more than 20 Trainer cards.

Given what's already on the pack art:
VSTAR
1. Darkrai
2. Palkia
3. Dialga
4. Decidueye
5. Typhlosion
6. Samurott
Leaving 1 additional Pokemon. Lucario is a promo so basically the other 3 unrevealed VSTAR from TG/SJ have been cut.

What's interesting is 2 Pokemon VMAX. Will one be CoroCoro Pikachu? Otherwise you'd think that it's time for 2 of Melmetal/Hatterene/Machamp? (Appletun doesn't really count) Surely they won't do something dumb and make the 2 like Tyranitar and Absol VMAX or something...
im pretty sure it might have something to do with that deoxys/zeraora thing, cuz those are supposed to have vmax's

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
On one hand... sucks we don't just get Darkrai through a deck like in Japan or as a promo box like Lucario... on the other hand, those Elite Trainer Box designs are incredible... on the other other hand (yes I'm Goro), I've had horrible luck pulling Vstars (only 3 total from 3 booster boxes and 4 ETBs), though I suppose without VMAXes the odds for pulling Vstars will be higher as I did pull 6 VMAXes from those. Finally, I'm really looking forward to finding out the trainer gallery cards included in the set!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I could've swore Eevee also had a Vmax. I was gonna say maybe we could be getting the alternate print for Duraludon and Rayquaza Vmax from Vmax Climax but it makes no sense to include those since this Trainer Gallery' leads are the Calyrex. So maybe they are new Vmaxes that will come in Time Gazer/Space Juggler? Other than Corocoro Pikachu I don't think we are missing any other.
I think the Duraludon/Rayquaza could actually be the ones in. With 3 VSTARs cut, it's pretty safe to assume 3 Vs also have been cut, and there is that Duraludon V alt promo we never got in English too. And since Mimikyu got reprinted for that VMAX, I don't see why Ray also wouldn't get a reprint.

Regarding the TG, we got the Golden Birds in Brilliant Stars, even though they could've fit perfectly with the TG Birds that weren't there.

Anfon

Aspiring Trainer
I think one thing we might now realize is that there doesn’t seem to be any real chase cards for the scalpers or Facebook pandemic collectors which is great news for the player base!

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
It's so weird this is being marketed as part of the Sword and Shield block..
so like did pokemon fans just forget about the last half of X and Y sets and Sun and Moon sets? jesus christ, first people magically forgot that there's a new gen every 3 years, and now I'm seeing waaaaaayyyy too many people forget that they've always done this since XY sets...