“Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash” Releasing in October, New Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur ex Decks!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve learned Ancient Roar and Future Flash will release on October 27th. They are both listed as SV4.
We previously speculated the sets may feature Walking Wake and Iron Leaves to tie-in to the first Scarlet & Violet DLC releasing in the fall.

Walking-Wake-200x200.png

Iron-Leaves-200x200.png

We’ve also learned a new “Special Deck Set ex Venusaur & Charizard & Blastoise” will release on November 10th. The product will feature three decks headlined by Venusaur ex, Charizard ex, and Blastoise ex. No other information is currently known about this product.
It seems this product is supposed to tie in to the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Please don't disrespect venusaur again, but knowing the trend of starter decks this venusaur will be even worse

THis would be interesting except they'll only have ex versions of Walking Wake and Iron Leaves with no flavor text since they don't have a Pokedex entry on Home yet

So odd that Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon wouldn’t be the first featured paradox Pokémon (besides the Donphan ones) and save Walking Wake and Iron Leaves for the first set next year after the DLC has released

3 Charizard exs in a range of six months?
oh, GOD! I f**king LOVE CAPITALISM!! IT'S SO COOL!!!! I LOVE WAKING UP EVERY DAY IN MY ROOM FULL OF 500 CHARIZARD, PIKACHU, EEVEE AND GENGAR PLUSHES!!! *glug glug glug* Oh, my GOD, i love CHOCOLATE SOYLENT!!! *glug glug glug*

So odd that Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon wouldn’t be the first featured paradox Pokémon (besides the Donphan ones) and save Walking Wake and Iron Leaves for the first set next year after the DLC has released

Yep, the Domphans ones feel so out of place, they should have be released with the rest and being some kind of archetype like Fusion/Single/Rapid strikes or the Ultrabeast with some kind of theme (Ultrabeast always had a prize related attack)

Yep, the Domphans ones feel so out of place, they should have be released with the rest and being some kind of archetype like Fusion/Single/Rapid strikes or the Ultrabeast with some kind of theme (Ultrabeast always had a prize related attack)
Wow, glad someone finally said it. They're literally treated similar to UBs- what with them being out of this world and having unique shared abilities- and the dunderheaded nincompoo ape men 'running' this game just totally seemingly didn't get the message. "HURR DURR, Let's not give Paradox cards any respect and just shove them in random sets!" must have been their thought process...

Wow, glad someone finally said it. They're literally treated similar to UBs- what with them being out of this world and having unique shared abilities- and the dunderheaded nincompoo ape men 'running' this game just totally seemingly didn't get the message. "HURR DURR, Let's not give Paradox cards any respect and just shove them in random sets!" must have been their thought process...
In the actual ScaVio game, you see Great Tusks/Iron Treads LONG before you see any of the other paradox mons. So it is actually rather fitting that they show up in the base set.

In the actual ScaVio game, you see Great Tusks/Iron Treads LONG before you see any of the other paradox mons. So it is actually rather fitting that they show up in the base set.
I meant the upcoming two paradoxes. I assumed that they'd treat them like UBs and debut them in a set with 4-6 as chase cards, but instead they're just normal Vs and they couldn't even be bothered to at least feature Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon (giveb that they're the main two). It's just sad as someone who's been wanting Paradox Pokemon since gen 6, the TCG has dropped the ball a few feet into the floor with them : (

3 different Charizard ex and all are with G mark that’s too crazy. I also very much believe Shiny Treasure set gonna have shiny Charizard ex (I’m not even surprised if does)

I meant the upcoming two paradoxes. I assumed that they'd treat them like UBs and debut them in a set with 4-6 as chase cards, but instead they're just normal Vs and they couldn't even be bothered to at least feature Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon (giveb that they're the main two). It's just sad as someone who's been wanting Paradox Pokemon since gen 6, the TCG has dropped the ball a few feet into the floor with them : (
Most likely the reason why they didn't make a mechanic for Paradox Pokémon is that Koraidon and Miraidon had to be featured in the first set and introducing ex, Tera and Paradox mechanics in the same set might have been a bit too much.

Ancient Roar and Future Flash are definitely featuring paradox mons. I'm more curious what Iron Hands' type is gonna be. With the power creep of electric that would make sense, but fighting would match its major in-game weaknesses the best.

Most likely the reason why they didn't make a mechanic for Paradox Pokémon is that Koraidon and Miraidon had to be featured in the first set and introducing ex, Tera and Paradox mechanics in the same set might have been a bit too much.
I can definitely see that, but on the other hand I feel like if this was still somehow the XY era they would've. At one point in time we had Megas, Breaks, Dual-typed Shiny Pokemon, Ancient Traits and Flippable Stadiums in standard. Now we're even lucky to have Tera Pokemon be a thing, and even then they couldn't be bothered to give them each a unique ability...I apologize if it sounds like I'm whining, I'm just ver, VERY sad to see where Pokemon spinoffs are right now. I wouldn't be surprised if GO and Unite shut down in the next 3-4 years.

Back