‘Pokken Tournament’ Announced! [8/26]

masterryanx

N
Water Pokémon Master said:
xGallade said:
I have two concerns:

Will this game make it to North America?
For which consoles?

Arcades aren't really big here. Plus the English site hasn't mentioned anything yet like they usually do nowadays, either meaning the game is too far off or it's just not coming here.

It's likely that the game is a ways off, they're just making sure the English fanbase knows about it to build hype for the eventual console release.

I'm not sure why everyone's panicking. There's no reason why TPCi would be promoting the game if they had no plans for an international console release. You didn't see them going around posting videos to promote Tretta or Battrio.

Fighting games require extensive fine tuning and balance work from location testing, which is why they almost always launch in Japanese arcades first. The fact that they're doing an arcade launch first shows just how seriously they're taking this project and it's a fantastic move. I for one, am excited.

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Pokken (Pokemon + Tekken) ... I'm pretty sure Tekken develop team is the exclusive producer of POKKEN .

Untitled-1.jpg

Can someone explain to me . Why Lucario skin look like it cover with fur . Lucario is steel type . Why it is cover with fur . His skin must be steel not a fur .

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I liked what I saw. Too bad it had to be Lucario fighting Machamp...I'm just so sick of Lucario.
Moving ahead, I'm not shocked with this game being an arcade release, be it the only platform or just the first, because look at it, what would be the story?, a Fighting tournament most likely and not every Pokémon would be suitable (Muk, Ditto, etc. and I'm thinking that it'll be limited to Fighting-type Pokémon) so it's bound to have a limited adoption by the players. This game is made for gamers that like the Fighting genre and that will play it if they find the characters good, even if they are Pokémon and since arcades are a big thing in Japan, it's a nice playground to see how it's received. I'm happy that while it isn't (if launched) a system seller, it's another take on the franchise and an expansion on what's seen at Smash Bros..

TreIII

Aspiring Trainer
- http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pokk%C3%A9n-fighters-trademark-registered-in-europe-news-coming-soon-5-5?pid=2622860#pid2622860

Called it~!

Anyway, again, people who are worried about it being arcade exclusive shouldn't be. If anything, it's better that the game is put through its paces in Japanese arcades, so that the eventual console port in about 8-12 months will be a much better balanced game and with more content.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
Water Pokémon Master said:
xGallade said:
I have two concerns:

Will this game make it to North America?
For which consoles?

Arcades aren't really big here. Plus the English site hasn't mentioned anything yet like they usually do nowadays, either meaning the game is too far off or it's just not coming here. It might get a console release. I mean come on, what are they going to say? Hey, let's promote a game in North America that we have no intention of releasing there?

Well, the English site and youtube channel have officially announced it, so that means we probably are getting it, just maybe not in arcades. But who knows, I've played Mario Kart in arcades so who knows?

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
@yammark: you're joking right? I don't know why Lucario was made part-Steel but it's perfectly natural that it has fur... In fact, it already has fur... Didn't you notice Mega Lucario even has more fur... It's even based on a canine...

anyway... I lol'd when I read "Arcade"... But I don't care about fighting games either (although with pokémon, maybe I'd like it)...
Kinda off-topic but this would be the perfect excuse to announce a Mega Machamp... Mega Lucario even appears in the trailer...

Also... Pokémon is making a crossover with Tekken... Tekken is owned by Bandai... Digimon is also from Bandai... One step closer to a Pokémon x Digimon crossover lol... Just wishful thinking...

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Metalizard said:
(...)

Also... Pokémon is making a crossover with Tekken... Tekken is owned by Bandai... Digimon is also from Bandai... One step closer to a Pokémon x Digimon crossover lol... Just wishful thinking...

There's Mega-evolution so that idea seemed more distant in the past! :rolleyes:

SketchsonSmeargle

Pokemon Artist
yammark said:
Pokken (Pokemon + Tekken) ... I'm pretty sure Tekken develop team is the exclusive producer of POKKEN .

Untitled-1.jpg

Can someone explain to me . Why Lucario skin look like it cover with fur . Lucario is steel type . Why it is cover with fur . His skin must be steel not a fur .

He's always had fur, can't believe you thought other wise. He's steel due to his spikes and shoulder padding.

Lucario otherwise is just a normal furry canine.

Skulblaka_Shur'tugal

Zippy Says Hi!
Oh well. Guess we'll be stuck with boring OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, and Super Smash Bros. How on EARTH will we survive without Pokken Tournament?

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sure we'll get this eventually. I'm a little disappointed with how the footage looked (less polished than the Lucario and Blaziken teaser we saw before), but hey, it's early in development.

I would buy this regardless, but I'll also echo some of the disappointment that this is a Tekken-skin fighting game. Especially one with only bipedal, fighting type pokemon. It's such a waste. But maybe this is just a starting point for them to take the idea in a different direction, one that somehow doesn't involve Namco Bandai.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
^ What he said.

I'm not even that big a fan of Tekken, but I would play this solely to get good with Machamp and crush everyone (c what i did ther). I can't imagine they wouldn't release this overseas. It would sell like mad! Only releasing it in Japanese arcades would just be a major disappointment to everyone, really.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
As a fighting game fan this game sounds super exciting to me. I hope the roster selection has a little bit more variety than strictly featuring Fighting-types, though. It would be really cool if they opened it up to any humanoid Pokemon regardless of their typings.

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
Frost said:
As a fighting game fan this game sounds super exciting to me. I hope the roster selection has a little bit more variety than strictly featuring Fighting-types, though. It would be really cool if they opened it up to any humanoid Pokemon regardless of their typings.

I can see them adding pokemon like Greninja and shiftry to the roster... unless it is confirmed that they'll be only fighting types they will likely add a couple bipedal pokemon that fit the bill.

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
I've always been a fan of the Tekken games, so unlike some people I don't have anything against the cross over! If this ever makes it to console I probably won't be playing it anytime soon, as I have no interest in buying a Wii U for a single game.. But hey, maybe it'll get a Steam release or something? (doubt it, but I can dream).

Oh, and also.. BRELOOM BETTER BE IN THIS.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
It depends on how they approach the game. For the most part, Namco's fighting games i.e. Tekken and Soul Calibur stick to melee combat and there aren't as many insane projectiles and such that are in more fantasy-oriented fighting games like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

If they follow the Tekken formula I would expect a roster of physical fighters like Lucario, Breloom, Machamp, Hariyama, Mienshao, etc. Especially because Smash Bros. is around to provide the more 'fantasy' fighting scenario with Pokemon who can breathe fire and shoot water.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
garbodorable said:
I'll also echo some of the disappointment that this is a Tekken-skin fighting game. Especially one with only bipedal, fighting type pokemon. It's such a waste.
We know three fighters and you're concluding that only bipedal Fighting types are playable?

Kecleon-X

124c41+
I wonder how the whole "Mega Evolution" mechanic will work, given the fact that they should easily best their fighter counterparts. I also wonder if it's only going to be Fighting-type Pokemon, or perhaps other Pokemon, like Sceptile, Tangrowth... Heck, Kecleon might be really awesome. But it's probably going to be a bunch of Fighting Pokemon anyway, and that might not even be the worst thing. Gallade would be cool.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
don()shinobi said:
garbodorable said:
I'll also echo some of the disappointment that this is a Tekken-skin fighting game. Especially one with only bipedal, fighting type pokemon. It's such a waste.
We know three fighters and you're concluding that only bipedal Fighting types are playable?

Other than Virizion/Terrakion/Keldeo/Cobalion
All fighting pokemon are bipedal so it's not like there is a small list to choose from

(I wouldn't want to play as those legends anyways *lame*)

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
But do we know for an undeniable fact that every single fighter will be a Fighting type? I'm not talking about theories like "the inclusion of the TCG Fighting type symbol means there are only Fighting types". Do we have a source that confirms only Fighting types will be playable?