Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In an e-mail to stores today, The Pokemon Company announced Fusion Strike prereleases have been delayed until November 6th through 14th. This is due to global shipping constraints affecting product availability. Originally, they were to take place from October 30th to November 7th.
This means you won’t be able to pick up a Build & Battle Kit until November 6th. This announcement applies worldwide.

Sword-Shield-Fusion-Strike_Build_and_Battle_Outer_Sleeve_EN-893x1200-bd93c0f-149x200.jpg

Build & Battle Box

These will be the first products to feature code cards for Pokemon TCG Live.
Official prerelease events cannot be held at this time due to coronavirus, but Pokemon is allowing stores to decide if they want to run unofficial tournaments following local health guidelines. If tournaments are held, stores must...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting how they will feature codes for TCGL, but we haven't heard anything about it since the trailer. Does anyone think they'll be compatible with TCGO

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting how they will feature codes for TCGL, but we haven't heard anything about it since the trailer. Does anyone think they'll be compatible with TCGO
I'm wondering if this is the true reason for the delay, and supply constraints are a smokescreen.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
The fact that we don't have anything about Live is likely the source of the delay; they can't literally release product that directs customers towards an app that doesn't even exist. The "global shipping constraints" announcement is just a convenient excuse to cover up the fact that they don't have anything to show for their big Live reveal YET.

I wouldn't be surprised if Live was announced to be delayed another few weeks while they try to get the app running in time for AT LEAST beta to release on November 12.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Will the ban list+ rule changes announcement be impacted by this delay? I saw the celebrations set list still on the page despite the clock already on the two-weeks-to-release mark in some places in the world, such as Australia?

Since I live in the states, should they ship to cali first before the air lift to the other countries on the continent, then due to supply chain issues possibly from glut in Cali, I wonder if the cause of delay is a set of supply chain-of-custody difficulties because of a possible combination of: one, lack of pickers to take the shipments off the boats, two, the standards required to apply for a shipping job at one coast being too cumbersome for everyone on the that same coast versus that of other relevant places on the other side's coast, among other possible factors that contribute to the issue. Or are the issues exaggerated by the media, and thus not true?

^ If it is true that such a combo is present, then I suggest to TPCi that they test the waters and find out the source of the glut: no labor at the ports and/or zero interest in the job field whatsoever, interest that could have helped all those ships off the port, and/or other causes of the hold, by either trying to ship using the other ocean(the Atlantic if first trying the Pacific, or vice-versa if they tried Atlantic first)just to get any shipments picked up at all, and see how poorly-equipped the west coast is vs. that of the east coast, or, worst-case, turn the goods back and load them on the airplane instead of the ship, even if it takes a day or two to arrive from across the ocean totally by plane, and bypass the glut, or until someone shows up willing to take their boxes of product and make the new ban list and changes more meaningful than simply an advance study guide for upcoming prereleases.. :(

Last edited: