Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yet another potential TCG trademark has been filed by Pokemon: Dark Phantasma (ダークファンタズマ).

Dark-Phantasma-300x300.jpg

It joins the trademarks for Time Gazer and Space Juggler that were filed last week. All three fall under the same terms as trademarks previously used for the Pokemon TCG. It’s likely all three are upcoming sets.
Whereas last week’s trademarks seemed to reference Dialga and Palkia, maybe this one references Darkrai or Giratina? Both look like ghosts in many depictions. Darkrai’s musical theme also has associations with the The Phantom of the Opera in its original movie appearance. But who knows?!

Continue reading...

Last edited:

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
As much as I enjoy the Japanese sets...
Why are the titles in English? It's legitimately funny reading the transliterations.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
As much as I enjoy the Japanese sets...
Why are the titles in English? It's legitimately funny reading the transliterations.
I have zero comprehension of Japanese, but if all the "probably Gen 4" sets we're seeing are in katakana vs the usual hiragana/kanji (?), it would match the fact they're using the "English" Pokémon logo in the branding for PLA.

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
I have zero comprehension of Japanese, but if all the "probably Gen 4" sets we're seeing are in katakana vs the usual hiragana/kanji (?), it would match the fact they're using the "English" Pokémon logo in the branding for PLA.
Fair enough, and it does make sense. I just find it amusing. The literal romaji for this would be: Daaku Fuantazuma.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the Japanese names, and especially the kanji ones because they sound so much cooler to me.
Take Burning Shadows. Compare that to: "To Have Seen the Battle Rainbow/Darkness that Consumes Light"? SO DRAMATIC.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Its Fusion arts the last set of these year? We are missing yet Gigantamax Melmetal, Kingler and Machamp, also V for Reigeleki and Regidrago (?) and the singular Ice Shadow horses as well (?) too much to fit and they already jumping to DP remakes

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Its Fusion arts the last set of these year? We are missing yet Gigantamax Melmetal, Kingler and Machamp, also V for Reigeleki and Regidrago (?) and the singular Ice Shadow horses as well (?) too much to fit and they already jumping to DP remakes
Well it wouldn't be too farfetch'd to include the two Regis in the upcoming remakes because, y'know.... REGIGIGAS. As for the other missing gigantamax mons they probably just won't get printed especially considering we never got Mega Camerupt, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Sableye cards

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Fair enough, and it does make sense. I just find it amusing. The literal romaji for this would be: Daaku Fuantazuma.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the Japanese names, and especially the kanji ones because they sound so much cooler to me.
Take Burning Shadows. Compare that to: "To Have Seen the Battle Rainbow/Darkness that Consumes Light"? SO DRAMATIC.
Oh I almost always prefer the original titles. One of my favorite set names is さいはての攻防, which I've seen translated as any of "Final Offensive", "The Last Stand", and more dramatically, "Offense and Defense of The Furthest Ends." "EX Dragon Frontiers" is good and fine, but hardly matches the aplomb of the original.

Regicario

Aspiring Trainer
Well it wouldn't be too farfetch'd to include the two Regis in the upcoming remakes because, y'know.... REGIGIGAS. As for the other missing gigantamax mons they probably just won't get printed especially considering we never got Mega Camerupt, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Sableye cards
We did get Mega Sharpedo (XY200) and Mega Camerupt (XY198). As for Mega Sableye, we got Mega Sableye and Tyranitar GX (UNM 245).

tenkarasu

Aspiring Trainer
Oh I almost always prefer the original titles. One of my favorite set names is さいはての攻防, which I've seen translated as any of "Final Offensive", "The Last Stand", and more dramatically, "Offense and Defense of The Furthest Ends." "EX Dragon Frontiers" is good and fine, but hardly matches the aplomb of the original.
I completely agree. And that is: Fantastic. Amazing. The fact that the translations can be so vague makes them even better.

I made a spreadsheet of all the Pokemon sets (Japanese and English were on two separate sheets) and it's fascinating: the name changes, the release date differences... It's really interesting.