Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We’ve uncovered two more Celebrations products — a tin for Lance’s Charizard V and Dark Sylveon V!

Lances-Charizard-V-Celebrations-Tin-160x200.jpg

Dark-Sylveon-V-Celebrations-Tin-160x200.jpg

Each tin will contain its promo, four Celebrations booster packs, two regular booster packs, and a code card. The price is currently unknown.
These aren’t available from distributors, so we suspect they will be store-exclusives like the V Memories Collection at Gamestop.
You can see the rest of the Celebrations products here.

Continue reading...

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
"Dark" Sylveon buts is not dark type? I not sure if they resamble dark Pokemons I remember which were actually dark types instead of they regular types

TurboShawn

Water-Type Trainer
"Dark" Sylveon buts is not dark type? I not sure if they resamble dark Pokemons I remember which were actually dark types instead of they regular types
You're thinking of the "Dark" cards from EX Team Rocket Returns, which were actually darkness type either in addition to or instead of their original types.

Dark Sylveon is a reference to the original "Dark" cards from the Neo Destiny and original Team Rocket sets, which were their original types.

DarkEspeonNeoDestiny4.jpgDarkGyaradosEXTeamRocketReturns36.jpg

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
You're thinking of the "Dark" cards from EX Team Rocket Returns, which were actually darkness type either in addition to or instead of their original types.

Dark Sylveon is a reference to the original "Dark" cards from the Neo Destiny and original Team Rocket sets, which were their original types.

View attachment 16075View attachment 16078
The strange thing is that there was only ever one basic "Dark" Pokémon, Dark Celebi, and every other basic Team Rocket themed Pokémon was a "Rocket's" Pokémon. Unless you think "Giovanni's" counts.
Also, I may want to get one of these so I can put my very first card, my decimated well loved Plasma Freeze Weedle, on display.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
So they are going to use the pikachu 25 stamp instead of the japanese version 25 stamp? That's no good. At least it should not overlap with the image of the pokemon they should've shrunk the pikachu 25 to just a small icon. This was the set I was looking forward to and my last chance to get the first generation cards like Venusaur and Blastoise but pokemon just finds way to screw it up. Well, I will just see the list of Celebration and that will end my pokemon tcg quest for good. It was a decent run: 1998-2001, 2005-2007, 2011-2012, then 2015, 2017, 2021. The Pokemon Company needs to learn from yugioh as yugioh ensures that the first generation will neve be forgotten. Also, they know how to make collection series and modify cards which Nintendo should do with kadabra and alakazam (I am a fan of them).

Last edited:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
The strange thing is that there was only ever one basic "Dark" Pokémon, Dark Celebi, and every other basic Team Rocket themed Pokémon was a "Rocket's" Pokémon.
There's a backstory to this. The dual-type Grass/Dark Pokémon card we know as "Dark Celebi" in English and other translations in the Hidden Legends set, is based on the mono-type Dark Pokémon card "Rocket's Celebi" from the set that got localized as EX TRR.

It's not PCL's error, it's just TPCi doing some weird localization way back in 2004.