‘Bandit Ring’ Japan’s XY7 Set in June + ‘Legendary Holo’ Mini-Set! [3/23]

^That's because we could have as many Arceus as we wanted in a deck. I liked the Lv X version of Arceus as for me, it depicted Arceus more accurately (in terms of Weakness and Resistance) regarding it's Multitype Ability where it's type depended on the plate it was holding.

For the love of the pokemon god( arceus) can we finally get our suicune ex instead of some pointless filler pokemon ex!!! If there is a suicune and arceus ex full art in this set then my life will be complete lol

Again I am so hoping for fairy and dragon type Arceus as well as a dragon Giratina, and maybe both forms. I so want dragon type Palkia and Dialga that aren't Plasma Pokémon. Totally forgot about fighting versions for the musketeer Pokémon but I want that. I'd like colorless versions of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. Ice type versions of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

The Arceus mechanic returning would be neat, but only if they have multiple Arceus. If they don't then it kind of weakens the idea, at least for me.

It'd be kind of neat to see this somehow linked with the new set. Maybe have a dragon Arceus in the mini set and a fairy one in the main set for example.

^AAH! Forgot abot Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres being dual Flying types. But yeah, would love to see all the types for Arceus, all 18 to be precise (or do a 200HP Arceus (seeing that he's the God of Pokémon) with no weakness and no resistance (retreat cost: 1), but then that would be too broken).

If we get a colorless Arceus or Arceus EX in this new set it would be neat to have an Ability that makes him able to change types, kinda like we saw with old Keckleon cards. The mechanics involved could vary from energy attachments to benched pokémon. This way, even with a mediocre attack, it could be teched against almost anything in the metagame and would allow for much smarter deck building.

I'm betting Arceus won't be in this set though, there is nearly no purpose. It's not a new Pokémon, not directly involved with a recent movie or a main series game, and there are so many other Megas and legendaries to explore from ORAS and the new movies. Hoppa EX, Latias EX and a lot of other misc EXes with their respective Megas are much more likely to appear.

I want to see how they are going to replace N and Colress draw power though. We have a copy of Juniper with Sycamore, but XY-On format does not have much 'Wow!' draw supporters so far. If they don't come with an alternative we might be forced to run Birch Observations, Shauna and item draw cards. With Shaymin EX and Training Post I don't know how much of an issue this will be, but it has the potential to slow the metagame a little.

Ridelith, Arceus is actually going to be in the new movie. In fact I think most if not all of them are going to be in it. That's why we're getting the Legendary holo Pokémon mini set in July for Japan and probably August or September internationally. If you view this picture (that is also on the front page)http://pokebeach.com/news/0315/legendary-holo-concept-pack.jpg you will in fact see Arceus in the top left corner of the second pack.

I do agree though that we're very likely to see Latias EX/M. Latias EX in the main set.

There are more legendary Pokémon than the 27 that are in this mini set. We can't predict secret rares of course but if pack art is any indication Pikachu is also in this set. That means there are 26 open slots. Again assuming the pack art is any indication we already know eight of the other cards. That means we have sixteen open slots.

Most likely there will be one missing from a trio of legendaries in this mini set like they always do in main sets these days, judging from the dummy pack art.

Ugh, can I please just have some Houndoom EX/ M Houndoom EX cards now. :c

The mini set kinda reminds me of the radiant collection by the sounds of it.

I'm pretty excited to finally see Hoopa in card form and I'm really hoping for an unbound Hoopa. This set seems like it's gonna be one of those "go big or go home" sets. I can't wait to see what's going to be in this set.

Mega Sharpedo EX and Mega Camerupt EX could also been added easily because we already have their normal EX forms :p

Hexogen said:
Mega Sharpedo EX and Mega Camerupt EX could also been added easily because we already have their normal EX forms :p

Yes! When I heard that Camerupt EX and Sharpedo EX were coming out, I honestly expected a mega for each of them. I'm rather disappointed that there's not. Such a waste of good card potential. :/

Hoping for

Arceus Ex
Suicune Ex
Hoopa Ex
Ampharos Ex and M
Gyarados Ex and M
Another legendary ex, maybe Raikou or Diancie...

All of these would have full art versions obviously.

Although it is almost out of rotation we already have a Raikou EX with accompanying full art. I'd much rather get a new Pokémon myself, like Suicune EX (hint!) or regular form Landorus EX.

I have doubts about getting a Diancie EX, though I wouldn't mind it, more accurately the full art one. So far Diancie, Krookodile, Flygon and Metagross are the only ones who got jinxed in this (excluding the M. EX Pokémon of XY through Phantom Forces as Megas were not getting full art treatment at that time). Gallade is now exempt from this and I expect that eventually Garchomp will be too since we have yet to receive a M. Garchomp EX.

Realistically though I'm pretty sure not all of the EX's of this set will be legendaries. That would mean no Suicune and no Arceus. It could also mean no Hoopa EX but considering the set revolves around it I wouldn't be surprised to see one. The other two slots will be for some random Pokémon like (as examples, we have no proof of this, everyone remember that) Scolipede EX and Froslass EX...though I'd be surprised if one of these was right, and even more psyched if these were done in their alternate typings like Trevenant EX was.

Yeah, it seems likely that the trend of EXes in XY7 is going to follow with: some Megas; some Lengendaries; and some random, non-mega, non-Legendary Pokémon. I'm always more interested in the last category, personally; Mega Pokémon have been everywhere for the past few years, and Legendaries are always Legendaries. I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes in hopes of a Gastrodon EX.

Back