ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Sprigatito will be my pick for the starters! I love cats and I have converted to grass starters since Sun and Moon (was originally all about water starters). Hope to see a more mixed up and varied pokedex than what we got in PLA and of course me being biased I want to see my boi Urshifu return
Oh my god, they BETTER have that mountain where Urshifu apparently originated from.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
I already told myself that I'm officially done with the Mainline Pokémon games after Sword & Shield and my opinion hasn't changed since. As much as I want to be really excited for Scarlet & Violet I'm gonna have to give these new games a hard pass especially with what I suspect Nintendo / Game Freak is taking the Mainline games that appeared evident with Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl and now Legends: Arceus. They don't want to have anything to do with "Competitive" Pokémon anymore so they're designing the Mainline games to be as "Casual" as the Spin-Off / Gacha games and If so that's more than likely a better step in the right direction for the video game franchise.

I think Nintendo / Game Freak is wanting to make the Mainline Pokémon games to be as "Casual" as the Original Red / Blue / Yellow games on the Original Game Boy because they realized that the "Competitive" nature of the franchise which started in Diamond & Pearl on the Nintendo DS was too much for them to handle especially with how movesets and teams have become datamined into oblivion. After everything that happened with COVID-19 in the last two years they probably don't want to have anything to do with In-Person VGC Tournaments anymore especially when most of the player demographic are in the Masters division with fewer in the Junior and Seniors divisions.

Part of me is actually kinda glad that Pokémon never really got off the ground into becoming an actual e-sport like League of Legends and Fortnite. The reason is because If you stop to think about it, Pokémon was one of the original Loot Box / Loot Crate games to ever exist before the Video Game Industry started to catch onto it and starting monetizing it. Plus it would've been too predatory for kids money wise. Each addition to the Mainline games is basically an add-on DLC where as now it costs a bit more than it did in the past. "Casual" Pokémon lasted from Gen 1 to Gen 3 where as "Competitive" Pokémon lasted from Gen 4 to Gen 8. I gotta say it's really been a fun ride.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I already told myself that I'm officially done with the Mainline Pokémon games after Sword & Shield and my opinion hasn't changed since. As much as I want to be really excited for Scarlet & Violet I'm gonna have to give these new games a hard pass especially with what I suspect Nintendo / Game Freak is taking the Mainline games that appeared evident with Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl and now Legends: Arceus. They don't want to have anything to do with "Competitive" Pokémon anymore so they're designing the Mainline games to be as "Casual" as the Spin-Off / Gacha games and If so that's more than likely a better step in the right direction for the video game franchise.

I think Nintendo / Game Freak is wanting to make the Mainline Pokémon games to be as "Casual" as the Original Red / Blue / Yellow games on the Original Game Boy because they realized that the "Competitive" nature of the franchise which started in Diamond & Pearl on the Nintendo DS was too much for them to handle especially with how movesets and teams have become datamined into oblivion. After everything that happened with COVID-19 in the last two years they probably don't want to have anything to do with In-Person VGC Tournaments anymore especially when most of the player demographic are in the Masters division with fewer in the Junior and Seniors divisions.

Part of me is actually kinda glad that Pokémon never really got off the ground into becoming an actual e-sport like League of Legends and Fortnite. The reason is because If you stop to think about it, Pokémon was one of the original Loot Box / Loot Crate games to ever exist before the Video Game Industry started to catch onto it and starting monetizing it. Plus it would've been too predatory for kids money wise. Each addition to the Mainline games is basically an add-on DLC where as now it costs a bit more than it did in the past. "Casual" Pokémon lasted from Gen 1 to Gen 3 where as "Competitive" Pokémon lasted from Gen 4 to Gen 8. I gotta say it's really been a fun ride.
Are you seriously whining that it's easy to get into Competitive in SWSH??? Are you comparing...Pokemon to LOOT CRATES??!! Good lord, the absolute state of Pokémon 'fans'...I genuinely hope you leave this franchise, clearly your monkey brain doesn't want to make an attempt and even grasping Pokémon.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Are you seriously whining that it's easy to get into Competitive in SWSH??? Are you comparing...Pokemon to LOOT CRATES??!! Good lord, the absolute state of Pokémon 'fans'...I genuinely hope you leave this franchise, clearly your monkey brain doesn't want to make an attempt and even grasping Pokémon.
What's with the angry rhetoric all the sudden? I'm guessing that the actual cost of purchasing a Nintendo Switch is what makes it difficult to get into Competitive in Sword & Shield? It makes sense I get it but I've seen other people where I play at my Local Game Store (LGS) have their own Switches to where it could be possible to have a Sword & Shield Video Game Tournament. However they've pretty much moved on to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Mostly Smash Bros. As for the Loot Crate argument it is plausible.

My first introduction to Pokémon was back when I rented Yellow for my Game Boy Color when Blockbuster was still in business while playing a bit of Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Snap! on the N64. Over the years I went on hiatus from the franchise until Diamond & Pearl got me back into it with Wi-Fi Trading and Battling. Haven't really stopped since then. Of course Pokémon Showdown became a thing and my interest in Competitive started to wane up until COVID-19 happened where I figured Sword & Shield would be a good stopping point for me in case VGC doesn't return.

treeckonation

Treecko is a good pokemon
I could have came here to get an image of sprigatito man, that would have saved my eyes from a whole lot of pain.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Not only that, there's another scene with grapes and oranges in a bowl, pretty much confirmed. Not sure about school part though.
While there's every possibility I'm wrong, because this is the first mainline series where the paired versions feature different outfits (that are clearly school uniforms), I have a hunch that the two are somehow related.