‘Bandit Ring’ Japan’s XY7 Set in June + ‘Legendary Holo’ Mini-Set! [3/23]

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Wow, another mini-set. I guess I can't complain because I like them, but it looks like this summer is going to be expensive on my wallet between that and another full set as well. :p

That said, I actually kind of like that we'll be getting the legendary explosion in the mini set instead of lumped into the main set. We all knew we were going to get a bunch of legendary cards with their focus in the movie, but this way gives more freedom to the regular set to have a bit of a different focus.

xxwishxx92

Aspiring Trainer
As the last few expansion name will be the main Mega Pokemon attack name. So this Bandit Ring will be Hoopa attack? But Hoopa unable to mega evolve @@

masterryanx

N
The prospect of a new Arceus card is really exciting for me. This would be the first time we've seen Arceus in card form since, well, Arceus..

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
xxwishxx92 said:
As the last few expansion name will be the main Mega Pokemon attack name. So this Bandit Ring will be Hoopa attack? But Hoopa unable to mega evolve @@

It's possible that Unbound Hoopa will be treated like a Mega Evolution in the TCG the same way Primal Reversion was, though I'm not sure how likely that will be.

Hexogen

Merc W140
I hope we will finally see a Zygarde card.. seriously. Diancie, now Hoopa but still no Zygarde? Emerald break could have been perfect for its release but meh.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't see a Zygarde card until XY2 or whatever the next game in this generation will be.

Reggie McGigas

-
Bandit Ring is quite possibly the worst set name yet.

Legendary Collection seems interesting but out of place for a Pikachu. Yay for Regigigas love!

Is this set going to break the tradition of type themed sets?

Frosty

Bleh.
Emboar-EX AND Togekiss-EX

I'm sorry why weren't THESE in emerald break!?

..well I mean Togekiss-Ex would have been PERFECT!

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Okay, I hope that we don't get another Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, and M. Rayquaza in the new set. We just got them. Unless they want to make Primal Groudon a fire type, then it'd be alright I guess. Wish we knew what else (besides Hoopa) would be in the set. Primarily of a the fairy type variety as we're still missing a couple lines and of the alternate type variety. I especially if this set will continue with some unexpected colorless Pokémon a la Skarmory of Roaring Skies.

A special Legendary Pokémon set. That is neat, I think. I half to wonder who and what. Is this the time for a dragon and fairy Arceus? A non plasma EX Dialga? Will this Hoopa be a different type then the set one? In fact, one wonders if this will be included in the English main set like Radiant Collection was for Legendary Treasures or if it will be an actual separate mini set like Dragons Vault and Double Crisis.

I see this Emboar EX/Togekiss EX deck being made into a trainer kit or something like that here. I for one though am glad that we didn't get Togekiss EX in Roaring Skies as then we might have a Gardevoir EX situation where we don't get the two previous forms. I am personally hoping that Emboar EX is a fighting type. Not sure which is better in comparison to Togekiss (presumed) fairy typing. Of course if Togekiss EX is a colorless (flying) type then Emboar EX being fighting type would be even neater.

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
Athena said:
At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't see a Zygarde card until XY2 or whatever the next game in this generation will be.

I don't think I've even seen it recognized in regular toys or merchandise, they do seem to be holding back

XtremeFate

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu6319 said:
A non plasma EX Dialga?

We got the Silver card in Phantom Forces. What about a non-plasma Palkia? I'm just looking foward to a mega (not really mega, but a form change) that seems to not do damage by the attack name.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
XtremeFate, my bad I actually misworded that, happens when one posts right after getting up at about six am. What I meant was a non-plasma EX dragon type Dialga.

And yes, I agree I want Zygarde. But it does seem to me that unlike Kyurem in Noble Victories we won't get an early Zygarde, we will instead have to wait until Z/X2Y2.

Okay, thought here. This releases in June. This will be our (probably early) August set. Are they releasing Hoopa stuff early despite the fact there's most likely no way they are going to release the Hoopa movie itself internationally in less than a month after it has been shown in Japan? Or is this set, at least the Hoopa portions of the set, going to be held back for our November set with some other card(s) in place of these proverbially removed Hoopa material?

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
masterryanx said:
The prospect of a new Arceus card is really exciting for me. This would be the first time we've seen Arceus in card form since, well, Arceus..

WOP WOP! New Arceus cards!!!
I am super hyped for this mini set!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I'm really excited for this set! I love Hoopa and I can't wait to see it on a card, hopefully both forms too! :D

Also, the Togekiss on the Dummy pack is the same one as the artwork from Great Encounters :D

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
/me hopes they bring back the Arceus mechanic from Platinum: Arceus

EDIT: I realize not everyone was playing back then. Scan for reference. :p

ar4-arceus.jpg

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Well at least we are getting a new legendary full art with Hoopa, maybe Diancie will be in it to.

My biggest hope/fear though is for some more regular pokemon full arts that haven't already been released. It's kind of terrible waiting months for a set only to realize it isn't worth the money collecting.

I don't really care about the mini set since it's just a holo set and the one holos I collect are in the sets I collect.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if they'll give Dialga and Palkia a Dragon type card, or if the Dragon versions of the two Lati's (ie Latias and Latios) will have their weaknesses corrected to Fairy... Still, looking forward to seeing Arceus. We might also see Cresselia, Raikou, Entei, Lugia (preferably Psychic Lugia), Ho-Oh (Fire or Colorless Ho-Oh, I'll be happy either way, but it'll be a brucey bonus if it's Colorless Ho-Oh), Giratina, Fire Heatran, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyurem. (I wonder if they'll release Fighting versions of the four musketeers (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo) seeing that other Pokémon have had their second elements released for the first time ever; a theme that seems to be on trend in the TCG lately...)

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
I bet one reason why there is a dummy image for the next pack is because of the fact that Unbound Hoopa (which is most likely the cover card) hasn't been officially revealed by Nintendo yet.

steffenka said:
Also, the Togekiss on the Dummy pack is the same one as the artwork from Great Encounters :D
Of course, I knew I recognised the art when I saw it earlier, I just couldn't put my finger on it.