Zyflair
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• IT FINALLY HAPPENED.
    also I can't figure out your usertitle, as usual. All I can figure out is "with love", but I don't know what 'dolce' means.
    Okay then... I guess I'll have to stick to other forums for RPGs- the irony o the situation is that a new member just asked via PM if I planned to revive my last RPG. Do you RP anywhere else?

I'll have to get into storytelling...

Happy birthday
    That's depressing... I don't get why it bothers them? Do you think someone could make a poll thread to rally the fans?
    Zyflair, all right, to double check to see if I understand you correctly, let's use my aforementioned example of trying to flip a heads in 10 coins.

X is 2 and Y is 10, so...

1 - ((2-1)/2) ^ 10
    1 - 0.5^10

0.5 to the 10th is .0009765625, so subtract that from 1 and I get 99.90234375%.

...which...makes sense, actually. Thank you!
    okay, let me try and put it into simpler terms. I'm clearly overcomplicating things.

Let's say the chance of something happening is 1 in X.
    And I do that thing Y amount of times.

What are the odds of that thing happening in the Y amount of times? (and what formula do I use to figure it out?)
    No; I'm asking the formula I'd use to calculate it, given

~the odds of something happening
    ~how many I'll get if I do it

Put simply, I'm actually wondering how many eggs it'll take for me (Masuda method) to hatch a shiny, and I want to know the formula (in terms of N and such) that I need to calculate that.

I can crunch the numbers myself.
    What's the formula in statistics that I use to figure out my chance to get 1 of something in my first N of that something (e.g. 1 head in 10 coin flips)?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back