PokéBeach.com Forums

Scoop
Scoop
I mean. When you have handholding, short length, over half the content being cut from the game for a 50% price increase, graphical and even SOUND issues, and then sugarcoating it with poor excuses trying to hide their shoddy development strategies that don’t even make sense for the largest franchise in the world... Ugh. Take a note from Luigis Mansion and learn how to make a game with polish.
Scoop
Scoop
I’ll give the game credit where it’s due, any quality of life changes that make the experience smoother are great. But that’s just like finding a quarter in a pile of mud. It’s nice, but you gotta reach your way through all the muck for it.

Oh well. I’ll just play Fire Emblem or something instead on Friday. I don’t really care anymore. At least the new Poison type dude is cool.
Scoop
Scoop
Real quick addendum-I’m not at all trying to be one of those angry reddit people who shames others for being excited about the game and who genuinely want to play it. If you think you’ll enjoy it and want to get it, more power to ya. It’s just not appealing to me. I might give it a chance if I see enough about it or they fix some of the mistakes via patches.
Skeleton Liar
Skeleton Liar
I just went through the same disappointment tonight. It's not a lot of time, but I requested off the last half of the day on Friday to go get lunch, buy Shield, and play it the rest of the day. I don't want to anymore. I suppose I'm not saying no forever, but it's just gotten worse and worse since the confirmation of no National Dex. It was a snowball effect that led to looking at what we saw more carefully.
Skeleton Liar
Skeleton Liar
After reading that Junichi Masuda recently said they have no plans to add Pokemon that aren't in the Galar Pokedex, and that they'd continue that approach in future games, I gave up on avoiding spoilers and looked into other things. Then I found the long list of low effort garbage and the overwhelming lack of features. It's just so disappointing to see...
Scoop
Scoop
I think I could have gotten over dexit it Home was good and the game itself was good. But then I saw parts of the game. It’s riddled with issues, like pop-in graphics and horrible draw distance, texture quality that the Wii could have done better, the game freezes and soft locks often, The legendary music is just GONE, the list goes on. At this point I just can’t help but laugh at how bad it is.
Scoop
Scoop
And you know? I was excited to share this new Pokémon experience with my friend who never played the series before. But I just can’t get the game seeing how poorly game freak has handled it.

I think they noticed how much people disliked BW (And the 2 mil sales dip since DP), so of course they switched to playing it safe like in XY and SM. It’s sad that had to happen, because gen 5 was peak Pokémon.
Scoop
Scoop
Maybe game freak will notice the infinitely larger backlash to this game compared to what BW (rather undeservedly) got, and realize “oh hey, we messed up. Let’s actually put effort into our games again”. But GF has been lying about all the issues of the game, especially to Japanese fans, so who knows.

At least James Turner designed some pretty solid Pokémon this gen. That’s the one thing I liked, he did a good job.
Anime Psyclone
Anime Psyclone
its not GF's fault they have to release one game a year, it's TPCi. Be glad that the team's games aren't even that bad compared to what they could be.
Scoop
Scoop
It's kind of a mix of both, though. Game Freak is SEVERELY understaffed, and when you're split between making Town and SwSh when your company has only around 100 people, that's going to cause problems. TPC is also definitely at fault, I'm not denying that, but I'm not going to give GF a free pass just because of it.
Back