Comments on Profile Post by AshCo

1. AshCo
    AshCo
    I mean. When you have handholding, short length, over half the content being cut from the game for a 50% price increase, graphical and even SOUND issues, and then sugarcoating it with poor excuses trying to hide their shoddy development strategies that don’t even make sense for the largest franchise in the world... Ugh. Take a note from Luigis Mansion and learn how to make a game with polish.
    Nov 11, 2019
  2. AshCo
    AshCo
    I’ll give the game credit where it’s due, any quality of life changes that make the experience smoother are great. But that’s just like finding a quarter in a pile of mud. It’s nice, but you gotta reach your way through all the muck for it.

Oh well. I’ll just play Fire Emblem or something instead on Friday. I don’t really care anymore. At least the new Poison type dude is cool.
    Nov 11, 2019
  3. AshCo
    AshCo
    Real quick addendum-I’m not at all trying to be one of those angry reddit people who shames others for being excited about the game and who genuinely want to play it. If you think you’ll enjoy it and want to get it, more power to ya. It’s just not appealing to me. I might give it a chance if I see enough about it or they fix some of the mistakes via patches.
    Nov 11, 2019
  4. Skeleton Liar
    Skeleton Liar
    I just went through the same disappointment tonight. It's not a lot of time, but I requested off the last half of the day on Friday to go get lunch, buy Shield, and play it the rest of the day. I don't want to anymore. I suppose I'm not saying no forever, but it's just gotten worse and worse since the confirmation of no National Dex. It was a snowball effect that led to looking at what we saw more carefully.
    Nov 12, 2019
  5. Skeleton Liar
    Skeleton Liar
    After reading that Junichi Masuda recently said they have no plans to add Pokemon that aren't in the Galar Pokedex, and that they'd continue that approach in future games, I gave up on avoiding spoilers and looked into other things. Then I found the long list of low effort garbage and the overwhelming lack of features. It's just so disappointing to see...
    Nov 12, 2019
  6. AshCo
    AshCo
    I think I could have gotten over dexit it Home was good and the game itself was good. But then I saw parts of the game. It’s riddled with issues, like pop-in graphics and horrible draw distance, texture quality that the Wii could have done better, the game freezes and soft locks often, The legendary music is just GONE, the list goes on. At this point I just can’t help but laugh at how bad it is.
    Nov 13, 2019
  7. AshCo
    AshCo
    And you know? I was excited to share this new Pokémon experience with my friend who never played the series before. But I just can’t get the game seeing how poorly game freak has handled it.

I think they noticed how much people disliked BW (And the 2 mil sales dip since DP), so of course they switched to playing it safe like in XY and SM. It’s sad that had to happen, because gen 5 was peak Pokémon.
    Nov 13, 2019
  8. AshCo
    AshCo
    Maybe game freak will notice the infinitely larger backlash to this game compared to what BW (rather undeservedly) got, and realize “oh hey, we messed up. Let’s actually put effort into our games again”. But GF has been lying about all the issues of the game, especially to Japanese fans, so who knows.

At least James Turner designed some pretty solid Pokémon this gen. That’s the one thing I liked, he did a good job.
    Nov 13, 2019
  9. Anime Psyclone
    Anime Psyclone
    its not GF's fault they have to release one game a year, it's TPCi. Be glad that the team's games aren't even that bad compared to what they could be.
    Nov 13, 2019
  10. AshCo
    AshCo
    It's kind of a mix of both, though. Game Freak is SEVERELY understaffed, and when you're split between making Town and SwSh when your company has only around 100 people, that's going to cause problems. TPC is also definitely at fault, I'm not denying that, but I'm not going to give GF a free pass just because of it.
    Nov 13, 2019
  11. AshCo
    AshCo
    I mean, Game Freak IS capable of making good, even AMAZING games. Just look at Platinum and BW(2). Those games I think are the absolute best on the DS. The Pokemon Series as a whole is a fantastic, wonderfully made thing on its own. But right now they're just faltering. There's a lot of factors into it I'll admit, but there's one thing for sure, Sword and Shield is unfinished. It's depressing.
    Nov 13, 2019
  12. Anime Psyclone
    Anime Psyclone
    Kirby Star Allies was unfinished at launch, too. And now it's one of Kirby's best games. Who's to say SwSh can't follow the same trend? Even if it is paid, everyone likes new content.
    Nov 13, 2019
  13. AshCo
    AshCo
    When I say unfinished, I mean the game is plagued with graphical issues, sub-par texture work, softlocks, etc, less than prior games in the series. It's clearly a rushed product (again, that's where TPC's blame comes in). If they add new content that makes it more than a 15 hour ride I'll be thrilled, but I'll believe it when I see it. The fact that over 50% of the dex and 100+ moves got cut isn't a good sign at all.
    Nov 13, 2019