PokéBeach.com Forums

PokeMedic
PokeMedic
Be wary of professors who will you keep you away from the library and the wealth of human knowledge and instead try to teach you crap.
DragonFang101
DragonFang101
Yeah, you're right about that. One of my professors is quite progressive when it comes to tech, but thankfully I'm an avid reader and book nerd so there's no way he's going to keep me away from the library ^ ^
DragonFang101
DragonFang101
And by the way, any other pointers you could give me would be a big help!
PokeMedic
PokeMedic
Focus your attention on the actual skills and knowledge that will help you contribute to the betterment of your life and that of others. College as an institution was designed for the advancement and betterment of society through education, but I don't have to tell you how that's been hijacked
PokeMedic
PokeMedic
All these things they preach sound nice, but remember that it's all mushy word-salad ideology that hasn't brought anything of value to society.
PokeMedic
PokeMedic
Ideology (founded on feelings) never stands up to philosophy (founded on truths) when tested against time. But by getting ideology into your head instead of philosophy your mind can be bent and shaped in ways that only serve to detriment yourself and society at large. Most people your age have never gotten to experience philosophy, so it sets you up for people to mess with your head.
Back