PokéBeach.com Forums

double o squirtle
double o squirtle
Really? I mean, some of the teacher's around here are really bad (I'm talking 30-30=1 here) but other than that, they're pretty good, maybe a little odd, but not that bad.
StriatonIsMagic
StriatonIsMagic
But 30-30=0, not one!
S
Saksme
I would think it's the other way around. You have to like in a very specific area to actually play competitive PTCG here. If not, you're kind of out of luck.
VinculumStellarum
VinculumStellarum
I've actually got some pretty awesome teachers right now. Some of the ones I've had before weren't too great, though. My Gr. 2 teacher and my Gr. 6 French teacher were horrible.
StriatonIsMagic
StriatonIsMagic
That must suck. I'm a collector, so it doesn't really matter.
StriatonIsMagic
StriatonIsMagic
*to me anyways
double o squirtle
double o squirtle
"I would think it's the other way around. You have to like in a very specific area to actually play competitive PTCG here. If not, you're kind of out of luck."

Ikr, Pokemon's not big at all, I live in the GTA so there's a few people, but still, not many. Like, I once walked into school and this girl came up to me and said "What's that orange fish on your shirt? Why does it have a moustache and a crown.
double o squirtle
double o squirtle
She even went so far as to call the name Magikarp stupid.
VinculumStellarum
VinculumStellarum
...I feel so bad for you, DOS...

I remember once, I was at a free lifeguarding course, and even though I explained MULTIPLE TIMES that I was travelling to a ton of places to play the competitive TCG, this one girl kept thinking I went these places to play GO. >_<"
double o squirtle
double o squirtle
"But 30-30=0, not one!"

Tell that to her.
S
Saksme
Luckily I can get to that area (Burlington, Hamilton). If i didn't, I probably wouldn't play PTCG
StriatonIsMagic
StriatonIsMagic
@DOS I didn't know you meant 30 good teachers, 30 bad ones.
VinculumStellarum
VinculumStellarum
My area's pretty booming, and we have a ton of regulars, but the only problem is that they cut our Regionals.
double o squirtle
double o squirtle
I meant one bad teacher who's really bad at math
VinculumStellarum
VinculumStellarum
Please tell me she's a math teacher for the sake of irony. :p
S
Saksme
They also cut nationals entirely this year, which sucks. Was definitely the place to be to play some good standard.
double o squirtle
double o squirtle
She's homeroom, so she teaches math and english. Also, she's got a really hard accent, so it's kind of hard to understand her ironically. Man, the memes she's coming up with are nuts.
StriatonIsMagic
StriatonIsMagic
(Your math teacher thought that 30-30=1? The world is doomed.)
VinculumStellarum
VinculumStellarum
^

Also, yeah, cutting Nats is pretty bad. Nothing has been revealed on League Cups, either. Nonetheless, I'm determined to get my invite this year.
S
Saksme
I've had french teachers that physically could not speak english. My suspicion is that they came straight from quebec.
Back