Drohn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It's the same for me as well; there are quite a few anime / manga that I would like to watch / read but they usually get put off to a later date and then I never get around to them or it takes longer than anticipated.

A plus side to this habit of mine is that by the time I decide to pick up a series it has already finished airing so I can watch it at my leisure.

Thank you! I appreciate it and would love to participate in the trial run if possible. That overview is pretty much everything that I could use some brushing up on, some more than others but it all would be helpful knowledge to be aware of. Admittedly my current team is kind of a collage of several similar teams with some minor tweaks and additions since I didn't have any real experience in making one from scratch.

Subs vs Dubs? Preferably I'd choose subtitles for the exact reasoning you mentioned. I've watched subs for quite a few years now and despite the fact I don't read / understand much of the language, I can occasionally identify a few keywords within the dialogue to the point where I can understand the context which I think is pretty cool. Although, learning the language is way better, haha.

I figured that they would be fairly popular subject in Japan as it all began there xD

If you didn't know, they've also released ENGLOIDS (English vocaloids) as well overseas. They aren't as popular as the Japanese voice-banks but some aren't that bad. Creating an English voice-bank is more of a complex feat when compared to the latter.

Mandarake seems like quite the awesome store after briefly checking online. A collector/gamer's ultimate paradise? :D
    Yeah haha!! Thanks man I really appreciate the welcome though. This seems like a really cool site, might give me something more to do post-game rather than keep fighting the elite 4 and my best friend over and over!
    Drohn, thanks a bunch!! I appreciate the intro to what's goin on around here. I'm actually just looking for the mega stone!! I'll keep posting around for it. But hmm. My team is all in the 90's right now, almost complete too. I'm always up for a battle, anytime anyplace! Haha. So I guess I'll check out the tournaments and such!

Thanks for all the help~ Cj
    I would say PM'ing on site would likely be the most convenient for me as I don't use Skype too often.

Oh, you did? Well, comedy never hurts anyone so I shall give them both a shot; I currently have to finish several others beforehand but they'll both have a spot on my anime queue :D

Haha, same here! Every single animation getting imported has gotten the dubbed treatment which aided to that misconception being born. Luckily we both got enlightened later on down the line. You know, dubbing wouldn't be half bad if they kept all of the dialogue and smaller details closer to the originals. It's truly my only pet peeve with it aside from the occasional bad voice acting. With that being said, there have been a number of successful dubbed series that try their best to capture what the original work had intended.

I guess the number one reasoning behind the changes is the differences between the countries excepted morals conflicting with one another possibly. It seems that Japanese audiences are more forgiving than others concerning anime that has more mature content, like bloodshed, language, etc. I don't necessarily blame other countries for censoring such stuff and tweaking the plot to be more morally acceptable to their standards.

Erza eh? She is a beast, definitely on my top favorites list. Do you read the manga as well or solely watch the anime?

Vocaloid is indeed awesome. I have so much respect for the producers who use the software to create songs. So much diversity between them, it's always nice to be able to check out new works.
    PMJ' pid='2621960' dateline='1399241851 said:
    Also, do remember to keep an open mind since you will undoubtedly recognize the names of the players whose roles you draw. Just because Drohn is a super mod doesn't mean he's scum; try not to let the flavor of the game cloud your judgment.
    Found this. Lol'd.
    Drohn,
    Dat kan ook :p. Ik ga in ieder geval bij de eerste keer doorspelen een nuzlocke doen en hopelijk zijn er dan nog wat dingen onbekend...
    Oh, that actually sounds a bit interesting; any shape / form of help could only be welcomed from my standpoint as I'm still a novice in the field. Deciding which moves to use at the right time and which members have synergy with one another is something pretty difficult for me to determine sometimes.

My team has been doing alright though, some battles I can clear with minimal losses while others I just barely manage to win with a few remaining hit points on my last pokemon.

Anyhow, sure I'd like to give it a shot and see how it goes. My only concern is that I'm a bit unfamiliar with normally excepted battle settings, for an example which Pokemon/abilities are aren't being used due to being overpowered, etc. I generally dislike the use of legendaries for battling so I usually exclude them preference-wise. I'm aware that they have different tiers and such just unsure about the fine details.

Steins;Gate is one of my favorites. FMA and Attack on Titan were also noteworthy. I've heard of Daimao and Clannad but haven't personally watched them, were they good? C:

I haven't actually watched FT or Attack on Titan either, only read them. Inuyasha was another good series, one of the first that I watched being aware that it was "anime". As laughable as it is, I watched Pokemon / Digimon / DBZ / Yu-Gi-Oh! among a few others in my early youth and didn't know they were Japanese animation until I was much older, haha. Guess I never really gave it much thought xD

So, who is your favorite character out of FT? If I had to pick one in particular it would have to be Jellal.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…