Ghost King
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Ghost King!

I couldn't help but notice that your signature gives a Bleach reference. Are you a Bleach fan? Because I am a fan, a rather big fan. Upon further inspection of your account, I came across your opinion on the universe, specifically as it applies to life. I agree with your ideas, but here's an interesting theory. What if all life is destined to over advance and destroy themselves and any evidencence of their existance, similar to what we are doing to our planet. Kind of a scary thought. Anyway, from what I have seen of you, you seem to be the kind of person I would like to be friends with so consider this a friend request. Have a great day!
    Ghost King, I never really met someone who was as shy as you, then again all my friends are social. My brother also had a speech problem too, he was made fun of a lot. However, today he speaks fanatically. :) To be honest, people think I am awkward, which is true. Because for like 2-3years( going through changes) I would just study for hours, and not care about a single person. As a result, I would say anything even if its not really appropriate or relevant to the topic. And people would think that I am childish for my age. But over that time, I learned to be myself no matter the scenario.
    You said in your bio that you are "anti social" I remember a time that I once thought that I was anti-social. In which I spend hours on end studying planets and other cool stuff. But now as I reflect on my past I can truly say I was never anti-social. Because if I was, then I would of never of talked to anyone, even my own mother. But I did. So are you truly anti-social, meaning that you don't talk to anyone at all? Or believe socializing is un needed. I am very curious, please do tell me. :D
    Ghost King' pid='2508415' dateline='1375907484 said:
    I just got done with Frankenstein, I love this book with the confliction of romanticism and realism, it does have touches of gothic literature in it.
    So you're one of the small percent of people who know that Frankenstein is the scientist and no the monster?
    You have my respect.
    True, I do agree with you there. I believe that in the universal state that even though that there are different environmental states on other planets, or Universes in that matter that other life forms are adapted to the environment and possibly evolved, thank for your input and opinion on the subject. Thanks
    Ghost King,
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/2/4/b/24b31e87c6c617382237ab57357bd539.png

That's the Drake Equation, which is used to predict the number of intelligent extraterrestrials in the Milky Way, obviously. Well, who am I to say? There IS other life in the universe. There IS other life in our galaxy. There is life closer to home than we think or what we may be comfortable with, really. Any claim that there is not any other life is, mathematically, false. We are not alone, and that is my firm belief. No, it's not a belief; it's a fact.

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
    R* = the average number of star formation per year in our galaxy
    fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
    ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
    fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
    fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
    fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
    L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space
    Yea, I can't wait for the new generation either! Good luck with the new classes! :) My classes are starting in September!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…