Drohn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been the same since Gen 4. I stopped playing for a bit after Gen 1, then saw Sapphire in an electronics store and went "oh, hey, Pokémon was fun" and played through that knowing nothing and got re-hooked. Of course, I've spoiled myself horribly since then, but I just can't help it! :D I think that's why I'm so excited for Gen 6... there's the fun of hearing all the leaks and rumours and tidbits of info, but I also know that when the games finally come out, I'll be playing and learning along with everyone else.
    Yeah, I decided on X as soon as I saw Xerneas. Really love the design, and the idea of another possible grass legend excites me (grass is probably my favourite type). I'm still working on needling my partner to get Y and play it me me (the fact that we would need a second 3DS *and* both games to trade Pokémon and complete the Pokédex has gotten him thinking), but I hope it will work out, especially with the worldwide release since everything will be so new and we can explore it together. I played D/P with my then-boyfriend at the time (he had Diamond and I had Pearl) and that was fun, even though I'd spoiled myself with Japanese info. :p
    Well, *you* wouldn't have to travel all the way to Haarlem. :p There's one in Gronigen. The Benelux POP website has all the league locations, so hopefully that one or another is close by to you! :D There's just none that are actually in Amsterdam for me, which is kind of sad.

My partner is kind of ambivalent about the TCG. I think he sees it as a waste of money. He came with me to a prerelease in the States, but refused to play since he wanted to just stay with me the whole time. I've played with him a few times; I actually have a couple decks made with Dutch cards from Base/Jungle, as well as a couple totally not competitive BW-on decks. I wish I could get him more into it, but, well, it's not that big of a deal, I guess.

At least I've gotten him back into the video games. :D He had never played past 1st gen before, and that was ages ago, but I got him playing Heart Gold and now White. I really hope he'll unbend enough to get Y with me when I get X so we can play together since I think it would be super fun. :p
    I played a lot when I was younger (not really a kid since I was already a teenager when the cards came out), through the Team Rocket release, and I collected Japanese cards through both Gym sets, but I lost interest after that and wandered off. Started getting back into it again a couple years ago. I would love to play, but shyness makes it difficult, and the closest league is in Haarlem, and my partner doesn't really have any interest, so... I just collect for now. Do want to play at some point, though.
    I actually used to have a huge (like, beanbag-sized) Pikachu that I won from an arcade once at a friend's birthday party. Sadly, I have no idea what happened to it. I think my parents sold it at a garage sale and are just too afraid to own up to it, just like all my old Pokémon cards. ._.;
    You know, I thought I had a picture of it up online, so I thought I would take a look and here you go!. Not all of them are in that picture, but Octopikachus is front and center. :3 I got him from an artist's booth at a convention.

I'm kind of a packrat, but I had to get rid of a lot of things when I moved over here because it would be too expensive otherwise. I refused to abandon any of my Pokémon or MLP stuff, though, just because I'm a dork. I did have to sell the majority of my books because of how heavy they were, though, which was super super sad.
    I have hardly any space, too, which is why all my figures and such are crammed in. XD I actually took a picture of it for a game on a different forum, you can take a look if you want. I have a bunch of stuffies, too, including a pikachu with 8 legs like an octopus and a huge Palkia, but those are all still in one of my space bags so they take up less space. They'll all get to come out once we've moved. The house we're looking to get is on the ground floor in a rather trendy area of A'dam, so I'm soo tempted to put some of my plushes in the windowsills. >____>
    I kind of have a small one now, but I don't have a lot of space so it's very crammed and there's as much non Pokémon as there is Pokémon. It's cute, though. :p
    Gotta make sure I have a nice bookshelf or something for all of my Pokémon cards and merch, too! It'll be my little geeky corner. :D
    Yeah, making a house into a "home" is the fun part about buying a place, I think. We have no furniture, so we'll need to get everything ourselves, but we can make it into whatever we want to. Definitely exciting. :3
    Hard to say, since I don't know how long things will take. I've lived on my own before, but in America and that was renting, no buying. My partner has never bought a house either. We also have to have a kitchen installed, so that will be some extra time, too, plus buying furniture, etc. My guess is probably 1-2 months.
    Pretty good. We found a house that we think we are going buy, just need to go through the proper steps of getting a realtor and getting it appraised, etc. It's very exciting. :3
    I've been avoiding it lately because my classes have triggered some nervous issues of mine, so sorry. I'll get back in the saddle, I just need a break from it to save my damaged nerves.
    Both of us can just send moves whenever we want for the match.

Just thought that it would get it going faster :)
    Well, it's afternoon now, but not doing too bad. :p Been slogging my way through some anxiety issues (hence the English), but holding strong. :3
    Drohn, maybe a story about a lonesome Gardevoir, or maybe about a lonesome corn dog, I don't know
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…