Drohn
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ik heb alleen een beetje ruimtje in dit huis, zo soms dozen zijn nog gepakt. Het is makkellijk...er? :p Er zijn een paar huizen nog te zien. We zullen een keuze vroeg maken, hopelijk. Ik kan niet wachten! Mijn man zegt dat ik een kat kan adopteren na de verhuising. :3
    Ik ben vaak verhuisd, zo voor me, het is niks. Ik heb dingen nog in dozen van mijn verhuizing vorige jaar! :p Ik ben bang dat het huis zal verkocht wordt, maar er zijn heel veel huizen te koop in Amsterdam, dus we hebben opties. :3
    Dat is het plan. :p Maar het is nog vervelend. Hoewel, we denken het huis in de Jordaan over. We willen graag dat kopen, als de andere huizen zijn niet zo goed, of we horen niets van de makelaars. :3
    Ja... ik houd van mijn schoonmoeder, maar.... samenwonen is niet zo goed voor zo lang. Alles is vaak prima maar ze kan soms me gek maken. Mijn man en ik hebben al en paar huizen gezien. Er is een huis in de Jordaan dat we denken heel leuk is, maar we nog meer zoeken. Het is soms moeilijk omdat de makelaars ons niet terugbellen. :<
    Ik woon hier al sinds vorige october and ik woon met mijn man en zijn moeder. Mijn man en ik zoeken nou naar ons eigen huis in Amsterdam. :3
    Ik ken taalwetenschap and zo erg wel, maar praktische kennis? Niet zo goed. :D Ik ben altijd negatief, dus je moet niet medelijden voelen. :p
    I guess I deserve that for trying to be all complicated and getting ahead of myself. :p
    Als je denkt dat niet erg is, je heb natuurlijk nog niet gehoord me spreken. >____>
    If you feel like it, I certainly won't stop you, but expect any Dutch back from me to likely be simple and yet riddled with errors. At least typing, I don't have to stop and stumble every time I see an "sch" :p
    Whoops, did I say 2 weeks? I meant 2 years, hahaha. I'll have plenty of time. The course I'm taking now should actually have me at A2 proficiency by the end of it, though sometimes I just feel like I'm skating by, so I think I'll need a lot more work and practice once the class is over. And, yeah, if you can hold conversations in Spanish already, you'll definitely be fine; hopefully it should just be a fun class for you, then! I can sort of hold a conversation in Dutch, though I'm shy, and I feel my pronunciation isn't too great, so both of those things combined make it hard for me to even open my mouth and try outside of my lessons where everyone is as terrible as I am and we understand our own broken Dutch better than the real stuff. >_>
    I moved here for love; my partner is a Dutch native who has a job where we live in Amsterdam. I'm learning the language mostly so I can get around and get a job and be an effective member of society. Also, I like learning languages; it's fun! Also also, I found out a couple weeks ago that the government will require me to have at least an A2 proficiency within a few years to keep my visa, so I guess there's that too. I don't think Dutch is really all *too* difficult, though I have had some practice learning languages before. There are quite a few things that are similar to English, based on our shared Germanic roots. However, the things that are different are VERY different; I'm struggling to grasp things like reflexive and separable verbs. I hope you have fun with your Spanish lessons! I studied Spanish for 4 years, so I kind of know what you're in for. It's a pretty typical Latin-based language, so if you've studied French or Italian at all in the past, you'll see a lot of similarities. At least they don't have any weird pronunciation things; you should be already used to rolling your r's, and that's really the only one that's confusing for some people.
    I'm not actually Dutch; I was born and raised in America, then moved here last year. But I am having tonnes of fun living here and learning the language as well. :3
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…