“ex Starter Deck Generations” Releasing in November Featuring 18 New Pokemon ex!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Like last year, a new set of “ex Starter Decks” will be releasing in Japan for 2024!
This year they will be called ex Starter Decks: Generations. They will feature 18 new Pokemon ex across nine different decks.
Each deck will feature a Legendary Pokemon ex from each of the nine generations paired with a Pokemon ex from its generation. For Generation I, Pikachu will represent the Legendary Pokemon.
The decks will release on November 22nd for 850 yen each and will feature:

Pikachu ex & Snorlax ex
Lugia ex & Tyranitar ex
Kyogre ex & Blaziken ex
Dialga ex & Lucario ex
Reshiram ex & Amoongus ex
Xerneas ex & Noivern ex
Tapu Koko ex & Mimikyu ex
Zacian ex & Alcremie ex
Koraidon ex & Paldean Clodsire ex

An “ex Starter Deck: Generations Special...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
"For Generation I, Pikachu will represent the Legendary Pokemon."
can mewtwo please catch a break this generation

DIALGA EX!!! Please be a good card, for dear god. so that I can pair it with Melmetal when the VStar rotates out!

I really hope these aren't average filler ex cards that will be in a set for no apparent reason. Hopefully some will be decently playable.
Unlikely. Virtually none of the ex cards on the japanese starter decks has any meta relevance, and even on casual play they're not that good.

The only reasonable ones were Decidueye, Miraidon, and maybe Dragonite (although Greninja got some usage bump with the release of the Fighting Tera ex in Japan), the rest are bulk/pack filler power levels. Expect something within this range for the new ones.

maybe those will be "Deluxe Battle Deck" levels of power since it seems to have multiple EXs in a deck. So maybe one or two of them will be ok.

Back