All 101 “Mask of Change” Main Set Cards Revealed!

Is it? Seems like it could shut down some future box decks pretty hard but anyone who doesn't attack until they have Bib/draw engine on the field is going to be fine.
That's not how you are meant to use stamp, at all & it actually proves my point. There is a reason as of why most succesful lists in the last champions league are migrating towards stamp over catcher.

IF they only set-up one bibarel: they lose. You always use boss/counter catcher with stamp. I have seen greedy people even pull the perfect trifecta: counter catcher, stamp and then eri in their zard/bib deck relatively often. You have to be really careful, is like getting roxanned early in the match which tends to be much more powerful.

Not attacking is already game changing, the tempo loss is nasty, missing a t1 attack vs some decks is sentencing you to death as you will never catch-up in the prize race.

Decks like pao are toasted: what are they going to do? Not kill the zard while it bosses your baxcalibur/bibarel in a single prize state?

If you don't, you lose. If you do, without double bib he is very likely to stamp + gust next turn and you lose.

Every engineless deck or decks that can't set-up multiple engines have to be really careful. The only saving grace is tatsugiri which moves stress from the second engine mon, but that's unreleased so its a dynamic we haven't seen.

Last edited:
Doubt. Unfair stamp is certainly an intresting card but not earth shattering.
Last Champions League in Japan, stamp was 3/4 of the t4. People recently discovered how disruptive the card is and since then, it has been trending up in top performing lists: is now 25% or so of the total field with insane conversion rates.

Last edited:
So nobody is going to talk about how we potentially have 4 Good One prizer decks?
Or maybe even 6?

Allow me.

1 - Poster Child - Festival Do the wave.
(Festival Box with the stadium/ Twackey/Dipplin/TMs)
1) There is the new grass searching item. I did the math, is like 1/4% to hit monke early game and like 50% to hit two G mons and like 75% to hit 2 G anything.

2) I discovered that big damage outputs might not even be necessary (so, just playing vitality band and kieran should suffice as you ohko zard anyway).

- T1 set-up as many basics as possible (poffin, volbeat, grass box, etc).
- Opponent kills a basic
- Use arez/jacq/lumi or get access to at least a monke and a combo piece at hand
- Search stamp and counter catcher + dipplin
- Kill the engine

Now what? They aren't fully developed, have no engine and no hand.

If they manage to revenge ko dipplin, you just ohko back (if you don't need modifiers, they are toasted, as you will use eri next turn or start gusting what you are building up), until they take their third prize: then you start roxaning every turn. What can they really do? They are getting hand controled/their engine killed every turn.

If they give up on the engine, applin is very likely to be able to kill their main attacker anyway.

Last edited:
Although I am disappointed with the lack of a Politoed card, I am so pleased that they have an Ice type Jynx card released, the first regular Ice type Jynx since EX Unseen Forces.
She's like Jynx ex's little sister, a great way to hasten the Heart-Stopping Kiss.

So nobody is going to talk about how we potentially have 4 Good One prizer decks?
Or maybe even 6?

Allow me.

1 - Poster Child - Festival Do the wave.
(Festival Box with the stadium/ Twackey/Dipplin/TMs)

With an attack that can do 200 for 1 energy, a somehow not Hard Once per turn Computer Search engine. And access to thr capsule, including a Dual 280 swing with crisis punch if you can charge three onto there..or a double evolution/devolution play. (With froslass I can see something potentially devilish happen , but well see. Deck shouldnt even be that hard to set up with conistency cards + BCN. And with Kyeran and band/defiance band you can slam 280/320 on a EX/V with do the wave. which is insane.

Our twilight masquerade in may is going to be lit!!!
TMs don't work with this. It specifically says that it can use attacks that it has twice.

Also why I don't see this deck being playable.

So many of these cards look very pretty! Some of my favorites are Volbeat and Illumise, Chandelure, Glimmora, Glalie, Cornerstone Ogerpon ex, and of course, the one that sparks memories for me, Scoop-Up Cyclone. I'd love to pull any one of these, and be happy with just that. :)

TMs don't work with this. It specifically says that it can use attacks that it has twice.

Also why I don't see this deck being playable.

Lol people is still on the "deck sucks because it can't use TM's twice" phase?

Not being able to critical shot twice isn't relevant at all.

Lmao

Deck can already ohko any pokemon because attack buffs stack & has type advantage vs moon/zard which are the ko's it would have missed otherwise, deck can punish with stamp + catcher + Eri early in the game when you don't need to do the wave twice more often than not as you are killing basics.

Later, if you manage to stabilize from no hand, it roxannes you every turn after you take 3 prizes (so you are getting roxanne'd in prizes 6-4 once & also on prizes 3 & 2).

And that's only possible because you can search 2-3 cards per turn in a deck with 3-4 energies total and only stage 1's which makes your deck consistent, unlike your average deck.

No other deck can do that, deck isn't unplayable at all just because it didn't break TM's. Is good they didn't miss that fact.

Last edited:
Lol people is still on the "deck sucks because it can't use TM's twice" phase?

Not being able to critical shot twice isn't relevant at all.

Lmao

Deck can already ohko any pokemon because attack buffs stack & has type advantage vs moon/zard which are the ko's it would have missed otherwise, deck can punish with stamp + catcher + Eri early in the game when you don't need to do the wave twice more often than not as you are killing basics.

Later, if you manage to stabilize from no hand, it roxannes you every turn after you take 3 prizes (so you are getting roxanne'd in prizes 6-4 once & also on prizes 3 & 2).

And that's only possible because you can search 2-3 cards per turn in a deck with 3-4 energies total and only stage 1's which makes your deck consistent, unlike your average deck.

No other deck can do that, deck isn't unplayable at all just because it didn't break TM's. Is good they didn't miss that fact.
It deals 100 damage twice in a turn. That's enough to land a KO on 2 mons. It can't answer Giratina VSTAR, Lugia VSTAR, Iron Hands ex, and Chien Pao ex, 3 of the biggest non weak to grass decks. It needs the ability to deal more than 200 damage a turn to do anything, because that isn't enough to do anything. Even with Kieran it can't answer the Giratina VSTAR. Also, many decks run Bibarel, which prevents you from completely locking down your opponent on cards, and that prevents you from recieving KOs with Boss. Also, your average deck is consistent. The best decks in the meta are all consistent. (Minus Lugia). You are also forced to spend the first few turns setting up multiple stage 1s, with which the setup you are citing requires 2 Thwackey and 2 Dipplin, along with a stadium. Many decks run Lost Vaccuum, which can destroy the stadium, and your consistency engine, and that leaves you with no way to search out a replacement. In addition to that, having only 3 energies is a disaster waiting to happen. If you prize 1, you are forced to win using 2 mons, and a Thwackey starting in active prevents it from switching out unless you dig for a switch. Also, your deck is made out of almost all single prize mons, meaning unless you aren't taking KOs and trading prizes, you will be ahead in the prizes and won't be able to use Counter Catcher. Stamp + Eri isn't exclusive to this deck, and still leaves them on average with 4 or 5 cards.

TL: DR
This deck isn't great with no TMs because it can't answer Giratina, Lugia, Hands and Pao and there isn't a good way to search out stadiums.

Interested in a lot of the Stage 2s here, Summoning Gate Reuniclus might be slightly more viable (but still probably bad) with the zero energy cost Conkeldurr and Poliwrath and Luxray only needing DTE, which you can preserve with Poliwrath

Last Champions League in Japan, stamp was 3/4 of the t4. People recently discovered how disruptive the card is and since then, it has been trending up in top performing lists: is now 25% or so of the total field with insane conversion rates.
Well then I stand corrected, point well made.

Evolution TM grants the attack to the Pokemon. I do not see why it couldn't use TMs as well.
I know that Pokemon has been quirky with wording lately, But as written, ''It has'' have no reason to exclude attacks by TM
And honestly even If it does not work, I would not spit on 200-320 damage ceiling as unplayable tbh

It deals 100 damage twice in a turn. That's enough to land a KO on 2 mons. It can't answer Giratina VSTAR, Lugia VSTAR, Iron Hands ex, and Chien Pao ex, 3 of the biggest non weak to grass decks. It needs the ability to deal more than 200 damage a turn to do anything, because that isn't enough to do anything. Even with Kieran it can't answer the Giratina VSTAR. Also, many decks run Bibarel, which prevents you from completely locking down your opponent on cards, and that prevents you from recieving KOs with Boss. Also, your average deck is consistent. The best decks in the meta are all consistent. (Minus Lugia). You are also forced to spend the first few turns setting up multiple stage 1s, with which the setup you are citing requires 2 Thwackey and 2 Dipplin, along with a stadium. Many decks run Lost Vaccuum, which can destroy the stadium, and your consistency engine, and that leaves you with no way to search out a replacement. In addition to that, having only 3 energies is a disaster waiting to happen. If you prize 1, you are forced to win using 2 mons, and a Thwackey starting in active prevents it from switching out unless you dig for a switch. Also, your deck is made out of almost all single prize mons, meaning unless you aren't taking KOs and trading prizes, you will be ahead in the prizes and won't be able to use Counter Catcher. Stamp + Eri isn't exclusive to this deck, and still leaves them on average with 4 or 5 cards.

This deck isn't great with no TMs because it can't answer Giratina, Lugia, Hands and Pao and there isn't a good way to search out stadiums.
Deck should absolutely Smoke Anything that does not have more than 320 hp. From behind, it kills Giratina.
For CPAO idk, but I dont think that getting a band is hard, and with band it ''OHKOs'' CPAO, or with Kieran, so i am not sure what you mean for these two MU.
Hands is an issue, but it should at least trade equally with it with the help of Kieran and if they ever whiff once, you just straight up win.
Indeed, one of the issue of the deck is how to ensure that stadium stays up and the lack of stadium search. I am theorizing that Roseanne can help with recyling. or the addition of a good draw engine could help as well. This will have to be tested for.

As for Lugia, For the same reason as Arceus, it feels like its a non issue. You kill their lugia, especially if went first. And then you simply win the prize trade from there. Not quite sure how it loses to that MU unless the deck turns out to be a complete brick, which I honestly dont think it will when you can CS up to 4 times a turn. Hope the opponnt plays only hand disruption i suppose

We've gotten so many Luxray cards in S&S and S&V sets it's kinda insane, and several of them have been pretty decent. You'd think it was Charizard with all the cards it's getting.

Unfortunately people already tried with Alolan Raticate that is a Stage 1 and didn't work, so I don't think a Stage 2 would get the job done.
First, is it because it required THREE energy vs. TWO?

Second, it's type is dark, meaning, assuming it requires two to use, dark patch means it is one manual attachment away from being able to use the attack.

Third, now we have an easy way to get the last counter: Brute Bonnet PAR and the ancient booster capsule that activates poison to both actives, plus a pidgeot ex that can fish gust cards to pick off two-prizers and/or important draw engines.

Finally, alolan rattatta has not enough hp to last long enough to materialize into Alolan raticate compared to venipede into scolipede.

All that in sum: As long as there's cards like those in format, assuming they materialize, I believe all the player can worry about is a anti-special-condition stadium and/or other cards such as mist energy, counterable by upcoming Enhanced Hammer...

^ Who knows? Maybe that didn't work THEN, but it's possible that to "place counters until HP is 10" might work NOW. After all, they say that stadiums are easier to bump than tools, and back in AR's time, I don't think there's a tool that can react by inflicting poison to the foe, unlike the 2024 meta that does...

Last edited:
This is wrong on many levels.

Damage:
1) Tina/pidgeot/lugia is killed by using two monkeys: 1 for kieran & 1 for vitality band. That's 140 twice. T

2) Pao is Killed with vitality band

3) Hands is killed with kieran/defiance band

4) Zard, moon and every single prizer die organically.

This leaves you with 290-340 blind spots, which aren't even bad at all because they are not common and you can kill two pokemons next turn if they don't scoop up the damaged ex. There is NOTHING preventing the deck from using radzard or ursaluna either.

Second wrong thing: You are not thinking about the MU's correctly

- Lugia and Tina are liabilities vs festival deck as they can be ohko'd in an instant. Tina is extra bad as lost impact to kill an apple is bad. I wouldn't even bench Tina in that MU if i can avoid it.

The main attackers are archeops/cinccino/snorlax and cramo/sableye/greninja.

- Lugia, Tina, Future and Lugia don't have draw mons. This means the average MU goes like this:
t1 set up as many monkeys and apples as you can
t2 they kill active
t3 you load up apple and search for stamp and eri/counter catcher
t4 they have no hand. They need 3 lucky draws
t5: worst case scenario: they recover and kill apple.
t6: they get revenge killed (or their engine killed) and iono'd to 4
t7: worst case scenario: they recover and kill apple.
t8: they get revenged killed and roxan'd

how many times they can resist that much hand control? That is far more valuable than what crisis shot provides

Last edited:
Back