All 101 “Mask of Change” Main Set Cards Revealed!

Incredible set. From Teal Mask Ogerpon ex which is a more balanced Miraidon, through Tatsugiri, Drakloak, Froslass, Chandelure, all the way to Palafin ex that might end up being the strongest card - but at least it has an interesting concept, not "udhdhsuudhdu my Ability gives me everything for free".
Miraidon ex is a very strange comparison for Teal Mask Ogrepon ex. Miraidon is a setup card that gets Pokemon out of your deck. The closest Ogrepon comes to doing that is that it . . .draws a card?

I think a better comparison would be to Galarian Moltres V. One attaches energy from discard pile but can only be used once per tern. The other attaches energy from hand, but draws a card to replace the attached card, and can be used once per copy.

Both seem to be serviceable backup attackers that can be combined with Energy Switch to act as Energy Acceleration for other cards.

Miraidon ex is a very strange comparison for Teal Mask Ogrepon ex. Miraidon is a setup card that gets Pokemon out of your deck. The closest Ogrepon comes to doing that is that it . . .draws a card?
It's a Basic ex build-around set-up card that can also be used for attacking. Miraidon gets you Pokemon, but also has access to Electric Generator. Ogerpon gives you energy attachments and card draw, but has access to set-up Pokeballs just like every other deck. Both Pokemon give you card advantage, Ogerpon just does it in a much more balanced fashion. It's a more apt comparison than Galarian Moltres V who can't power a deck on its own and doesn't even stack with multiple copies.

Yup. Could either replace Zamazenta or bring it along both, although I don't know what to cut if so. They serve the same purpose with different benefits and drawbacks.

Heatran is definitely preferable after reshuffling all of your energies back to deck via rod/Basculegion, but Zamazenta can almost always hit back for 220 even on early game.
i've cut the fish - it never worked good enough for me. I have the Varoom line in now and some superrods.

So nobody is going to talk about how we potentially have 4 Good One prizer decks?
Or maybe even 6?

Allow me.

1 - Poster Child - Festival Do the wave.
(Festival Box with the stadium/ Twackey/Dipplin/TMs)

With an attack that can do 200 for 1 energy, a somehow not Hard Once per turn Computer Search engine. And access to thr capsule, including a Dual 280 swing with crisis punch if you can charge three onto there..or a double evolution/devolution play. (With froslass I can see something potentially devilish happen , but well see. Deck shouldnt even be that hard to set up with conistency cards + BCN. And with Kyeran and band/defiance band you can slam 280/320 on a EX/V with do the wave. which is insane.

2. Sky wave Aggron. Alzo known as GEDA (Emolga/Aggron/Dodrio/Gengar)
The Zoroark at home. Of course I understand its a stage 2 and it night not be as consistent as Id like it to be, but in theory doing 250/300 dmg on a One prizee a d having Dodrio who can buils up damage seems very fun and full of potential. Emolga having free retreat for ease of access is fun.

3. Mightyena + Poison (Also Dubbed Aschein - Wink wink at the ref) or Werewolf, for the less anime savvy.

Is it Hopium or Do I see potentially the best OPD of the set? Buddy Buddy puffin+Hyper Aroma, swing for 300 for 1 energy, up to 330 with a small poison engine...or if wed reserve the last stop on the bench for rabsca or Manaphy, Kieran can push the hump for that juicy 330. With rods and sufficient pokemon search you can reset your position to have a consistent swing with 4 Poochs in play. That seems crazy to me. It also could be the first Viable Mightyena deck ever, which is quite nice to see. Also wes have a cool use for hassel.

4. Poison Muscle. (Poison Conkeldurr)
Another poison nut using it as protein shake. Attacking for free for 330 (if kieran is played) and crisis punching for 360 for free. Surely i am not the only one who is hyped by that. With no energy needed those extra spot can be used for consistency boosting which is normally the downfall of stage two decks

5. Winter Box (Froslass/Glalie/Mices?)

From what I can see, ability based deck are the best right now. And now, we have "Shrine" on legs, a grass ex that can count as a One prizer and ohko Zard with glasses, Glalie which doubles the damage and Raticate which triples damage.
With Irida and Candice, we can have something going.
Another fun idea to think about is to use reversal energy and Maushold and come counter cologne to run Manaphy or Jirachi and then go to town with devo but thats just me.

Also, There is a world where the best move is Froslass+Brute Bonnet, which quintuples damage. But three dark is kind of steep

6. HEAT-PAO/Metang/Zamazenta/Basculegion.

That deck is hype h asf. The theory is that if you. An set up nultiple metangs and gorge your deck with energy #Adaman bait. You can so very easily attach 5-6 energy if metang, one from hand and destroy things with Heatran, considering that when they swing into you, they burn themselves, which is +20 damange. Dialga use the same engine with great success and while it has a cracked one two punch, its all possible because of metang. Zama is solid revenge for counter catvher and 220 and in mid to late game , your metal maker becomes Godly after.a nice ghost fish come have some fun.
The real challenge is to consistenly have that set up, but ince again, if Dialga can do it, this can too. It is sad however that mini Ice Rider Scizor is being replaced....

Our twilight masquerade in may is going to be lit!!!

Conkeldurr is definitely what I'm.most excited for. Also, as a side note, why does luxray always seem to be a control or rogue pokemon these days😅. I could definitely see luxray working with unfair stamp and double turbo energy. 250 for it's second attack ain't too bad either. Certainly not bdif, but could potentially be a Snorlax combo? It's just better Eri.

I used to keep a list for it till last generation. Nice to know someone also doing this. Would be great if we get all mon in the tcg in the same era.
We haven't had that since Gen 2. I'd like to see it and sets are so massive now (and Kadabra and babies are being printed again) that it would still be within the realm of possibility even though there are over 1000 Pokemon, but they simply don't place importance on featuring every Pokemon in the same generation anymore.

There are a bunch of filler cards in Mask of Change for example that are Pokemon we've already got multiple prints of within Gen 9. Not even the Paldean Pokemon you would expect to get printed repeatedly because it's their debut era, but random things like Poochyena or Chimecho or Jynx or the Poliwag line.

Move over Prime Catcher and Max Belt, Secret Box is here to give players everything.

Unfair stamp/catcher is better in most cases. Top decks are already consitent in the set-up (not you, lugia).

I don't think people realizes how unfair stamp is going to change the game
Is it? Seems like it could shut down some future box decks pretty hard but anyone who doesn't attack until they have Bib/draw engine on the field is going to be fine.

"Match'all Out"
S Tier set, first Amp You Very Much, now this. I love the naming scheme.

Also with all honesty I think that secret box might mean no computer search as it is similar enough.

So nobody is going to talk about how we potentially have 4 Good One prizer decks?
Or maybe even 6?

Allow me.

1 - Poster Child - Festival Do the wave.
(Festival Box with the stadium/ Twackey/Dipplin/TMs)

With an attack that can do 200 for 1 energy, a somehow not Hard Once per turn Computer Search engine. And access to thr capsule, including a Dual 280 swing with crisis punch if you can charge three onto there..or a double evolution/devolution play. (With froslass I can see something potentially devilish happen , but well see. Deck shouldnt even be that hard to set up with conistency cards + BCN. And with Kyeran and band/defiance band you can slam 280/320 on a EX/V with do the wave. which is insane.

2. Sky wave Aggron. Alzo known as GEDA (Emolga/Aggron/Dodrio/Gengar)
The Zoroark at home. Of course I understand its a stage 2 and it night not be as consistent as Id like it to be, but in theory doing 250/300 dmg on a One prizee a d having Dodrio who can buils up damage seems very fun and full of potential. Emolga having free retreat for ease of access is fun.

3. Mightyena + Poison (Also Dubbed Aschein - Wink wink at the ref) or Werewolf, for the less anime savvy.

Is it Hopium or Do I see potentially the best OPD of the set? Buddy Buddy puffin+Hyper Aroma, swing for 300 for 1 energy, up to 330 with a small poison engine...or if wed reserve the last stop on the bench for rabsca or Manaphy, Kieran can push the hump for that juicy 330. With rods and sufficient pokemon search you can reset your position to have a consistent swing with 4 Poochs in play. That seems crazy to me. It also could be the first Viable Mightyena deck ever, which is quite nice to see. Also wes have a cool use for hassel.

4. Poison Muscle. (Poison Conkeldurr)
Another poison nut using it as protein shake. Attacking for free for 330 (if kieran is played) and crisis punching for 360 for free. Surely i am not the only one who is hyped by that. With no energy needed those extra spot can be used for consistency boosting which is normally the downfall of stage two decks

5. Winter Box (Froslass/Glalie/Mices?)

From what I can see, ability based deck are the best right now. And now, we have "Shrine" on legs, a grass ex that can count as a One prizer and ohko Zard with glasses, Glalie which doubles the damage and Raticate which triples damage.
With Irida and Candice, we can have something going.
Another fun idea to think about is to use reversal energy and Maushold and come counter cologne to run Manaphy or Jirachi and then go to town with devo but thats just me.

Also, There is a world where the best move is Froslass+Brute Bonnet, which quintuples damage. But three dark is kind of steep

6. HEAT-PAO/Metang/Zamazenta/Basculegion.

That deck is hype h asf. The theory is that if you. An set up nultiple metangs and gorge your deck with energy #Adaman bait. You can so very easily attach 5-6 energy if metang, one from hand and destroy things with Heatran, considering that when they swing into you, they burn themselves, which is +20 damange. Dialga use the same engine with great success and while it has a cracked one two punch, its all possible because of metang. Zama is solid revenge for counter catvher and 220 and in mid to late game , your metal maker becomes Godly after.a nice ghost fish come have some fun.
The real challenge is to consistenly have that set up, but ince again, if Dialga can do it, this can too. It is sad however that mini Ice Rider Scizor is being replaced....

Our twilight masquerade in may is going to be lit!!!
Pointing out problems with decks - part 3
1. We have no guarantees that festival lead works with crisis punch
2. Zoroark at home
3. How do you intend to set up 4 stage 1s quickly?
4. Crisis punch doesn't work well with conkeldurr unless you have 1 prize, that isn't a new synergy. Also it only increases the damage enough to hit... nothing? The 360 doesn't hit anything that 330 can't
5. Too many moving parts, speaking from experience that you shouldn't have so many things moving.
6. Just use Dialga, coming from a 2 year Dialga player hitting the 5 energy is savage.

Last edited:
Unfair stamp/catcher is better in most cases. Top decks are already consitent in the set-up (not you, lugia).

I don't think people realizes how unfair stamp is going to change the game
Doubt. Unfair stamp is certainly an intresting card but not earth shattering.

That Kilowattrel going so insanely hard. Also happy to see another Swanna card. Im really excited about this set
Yeah, to me, Kilowattrel is one of the best Mons from Gen 9 - it's been a while since we've seen a Flying/Electric type combo, and for him to get some attention with an ultra rare card makes me really happy!
P.S: I don't know if everybody is excited about a new Swanna/Ducklett card; since I know there's a certain YouTuber out there that despise that line(looking at you, RealBreakingNate...)

Pointing out problems with other peoples analysis - part 3
1. We have no guarantees that festival lead works with crisis punch
2. Zoroark at home
3. How do you intend to set up 4 stage 1s quickly?
4. Crisis punch doesn't work well with conkeldurr unless you have 1 prize, that isn't a new synergy. Also it only increases the damage enough to hit... nothing? The 360 doesn't hit anything that 330 can't
5. Too many moving parts, speaking from experience that you shouldn't have so many things moving.
6. Just use Dialga, coming from a 2 year Dialga player hitting the

I think the saving grace of Mightyena is that Poochyena is Buddy Poffin-able and even with 2 benched Mightyenas you can hit for 220, which at worst 2HKOs an ex. + Resetting a Mightyena after KO is also not so bad with Salvatore. I feel like the set up is the least of Mightyena's potential problems, that said for mah doggo I'll 100% be playing it regardless of how it realistically performs lol.

Back