• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post-Rotation: Future Prism (Iron Valiant ex / Iron Crown ex / Miraidon / Xatu)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
FUTURE PRSIM

Iron Valiant 3.jpeg

Pokémon (12):
3 Iron Valiant ex (beatdown)
3 Iron Crown ex (beatdown)
2 Miraidon SV5 (beatdown)
2 Xatu SV4 (acceleration)
2 Natu SV4 (evolution)

Trainer (38):
2 Boss’ Orders (control)
4 Prof. Research (draw)
1 Tulip (retrieval)
4 Iono (draw)
3 Future Booster Capsule (enable)
1 TM: Crisis Shot (beatdown)
1 Reboot Bot (acceleration)
4 Techno Radar (search)
1 Super Rod (retrieval)
4 Switch Cart (retreat)
2 Ultra Ball (search)
4 Nest Ball (search)
4 Switch (retreat)
3 Town Store (search)

Energy (10):
10 Psychic Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Pokémon and fill the bench with Future Pokémon and one Natu. Make sure to be able to attack with Miraidon on the first turn. Accelerate to two benched Iron Valiant ex and switch between them to place damage counters on the battlefield. Evolve Natu into Xatu for some additional acceleration to stream Iron Valiant ex. Iron Crown ex is used to boost Iron Valiant ex and also constitutes a nice bench sniper.

SPOILER:

Iron Crown ex
Basic Psychic Pokémon
HP: 220
Ability: Cobalt Commander
Your Future Pokémon’s attacks (excluding any Iron Crown ex) do 20 more damage to your opponent’s active Pokémon.
[P][C][C] Twin Shotels
This attack does 50 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Pokémon. This attack isn’t affected by weakness, resistance, or any effects on the defending Pokémon.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: D
Resistance: F

Miraidon
Basic Dragon Pokémon
HP: 110
[C] Speed Peak: 40
Search your deck for 2 Basic energy cards and attach them to your Future Pokémon in any way you like.
[L][L][P] Sparking Attack: 160
Retreat Cost: CC

Reboot Bot
Trainer – Item (Ace Spec)
For each of your Future Pokémon in play, choose 1 Basic Energy from your discard pile and attach it to that Pokémon.

CARD SHARK:

Iron Valiant.jpg

Pokémon:

2 Miraidon: Decent acceleration and starter Pokémon in this deck.

2-2 Natu and Xatu: Used to draw and accelerate to all three attackers.

3 Iron Valiant ex: Main attacker and additional damage with Tachyon Bits.

3 Iron Crown ex: Boost the attack of Iron Valiant ex and hunts Basics on the bench.

Supporter:

4-4 Prof. Research and Iono: The two of the best draw supporter cards in the game.

1 Tulip: Return lost Pokémon and Basic Psychic Energy to your hand to accelerate onto the board.

2 Boss Order: Gust is needed in all decks to ensure board control. Combined with Prime Catcher the deck has a stable three Gust-effects in total.

Items and Stadium:

4-4-2 Techno Radar, Nest Ball and Ultra Ball: All three item cards can be used to search out Pokémon.

3 Future Booster Capsule: Allows Iron Valiant ex to retreat for free and increases its damage.

4-4 Switch Cart and Switch: The deck wants some switch effects to active Tachyon Bits.

1 Reboot Bot: Nice acceleration in the middle match and less reliance on Xatu.

1 TM Crisis Shot: Combined with Cobalt Command this is the cleaner attack.

1 Super Rod: Retrieves Basic Pokémon and Psychic energies.

3 Town Store: Search out Future Booster Energy Capsule.

Energy:

10 Psychic Energy: Basic Psychic Energy to fuel all three attackers and draw additional cards.

VISUAL DECKLIST:

Future Prism.jpg

Last edited:
I've been thinking about building a similar combo for testing. Have you considered Arven ?
I think it can be useful to have a card that can get specific things from the deck on top of draw supporters like Research and Iono.

Hi Iorphire,

Thanks for the review. Did not consider Arven thus far because most of the search comes from Town Store thus far but also did not have that much time at hand to test the deck thoroughly thus far. He seems to be a little hard to fit into the deck. How does your current version look like?

Hi Dark Espeon,

Sorry for the late answer. I thought I would have had the opportuny to test the deck either this weekend or the last one, and therefore delayed my answer. Sadly, I didn't get to try the deck so there's a high probability that my take is awful.

My decklist is very similar to yours, I used to play Mikikyu instead of Iron Jugulis, but like you I replaced it wIth Miraidon, albeit only one. Currently going with a 3-2 Xatu line but I'm still looking for a good single prize option, sadly the energy cost of Miraidon doesn't work with the deck rn.

Other than that, compared to your list, my list goes :
-1 Iono's, -1 boss's order, +2 Arven : while disruption is a very nice option, having a way to secure both a switch and a time capsule I.e. seems like a way to make the deck stable
-1 Reboot bot, +1 prime catcher : Not a big fan of reboot bot in this deck, I don't think I want to put energy on anything else than Iron Valiant, except in too specific cases. Prime catcher on the other hand is an other switch option, as well as an item that replaces Boss.

Hi Hi Iorphire,

Thanks for the review. I cut down on the Xatu line since it is slower than Miraidon who is an excellent starter. With two benched Iron Crown ex he can accelerate two Basic to any Future Pokémon of your choice and knock out evolving Basics such as Ralts and Charmander. Still need to look into Arwen whether I want him in the deck but most likely I would replace one Tulip and Iono for two copies. He is the ideal starter in this deck to be honest.

I also was not sold that much on Reboot Bot but this deck actually also likes to attack with Iron Crown ex from time to time since he can snipe two evolving Basics with two Tachyon Bits from Iron Valiant ex regardless of any effects that would protect them by reducing its damage. He is also a decent Mimikyu counter as he would also pierce through Mimikyu's shield. The addition of Reboot Bot and Miraidon also opens up a bench slot since this deck will now be able to get away with one benched Xatu and still stream attackers.

I think you're probably right about Miraidon and Xatu.
I've not seen Arven being played that much in Iron Valiant before, but it does seem to be really good considering how many tool card there are in the deck, and the fact that there's only one copy for some object. Having one copy of Tulip may help recycle Iron Crowns to keep Iron Valiant's damages as high as possible.

I'm not too sure about Prime catcher either, both reboot bot and it sound good in different scenarios so I don't know which one to chose. Whether Miraidon is enough or not to power up an Iron Crown will answer the question.

Have you considered running a fourth Iron Crown or a Hisuian Heavy Ball for prizing? Seems like you're pretty reliant on getting multiple Iron Crowns out so it could be helpful.

Personally, I’d probably run Hisuian Heavy Ball instead of TM: Crisis Punch. TM: Crisis Punch deals a lot of damage, but the fact you can only use it if your opponent has 1 Prise card left makes me doubt just how useful it will actually be in practice.

But on the other hand, Hisuian Heavy Ball lets you get any Iron Valiant ex or Iron Crown ex that might have been Prized.

Hi Iorphire,

Thanks for the review. Still on the fence between Prime Catcher and Reboot Bot in this particular list. At the moment I lean more toward Prime Catcher in this particular variant since it is more focused on Iron Valiant ex. Not too sold on Arven since I do run Town Store as the stadium and there are no more than a total of four Pokémon tools in this deck.

Hi Draskk,

Thanks for the review. The deck works rather well with two copies of Iron Crown ex on the board. There is hardly be more than two copies of them on the bench at once since one bench slot will also be devoted to Xatu. Hisuian Heavy Ball will sure be considered.

Hi Seven Natiojn Army,

Thanks for the review. Will definitely consider Hisuian Heavy Ball since it is quite versatile. I actually like Technical Maschine Crisis Punch in this deck since you often want to start with Miraidon to accelerate to two benched Iron Valiant ex to get started asap. That way you often play a seven prize game since you switch to Pokémon ex afterwards. It also allows Iron Valiant ex to hit 340 damage with two Iron Crown ex on the bench. That helps to knock out all Pokémon ex. If I were to remove TM Crisis Punch I would include a copy of TM Devlotion to handle Stage 2 Pokémon ex decks.

Hi, this seems like playing TDK, bench space is crucial, and 4 iron crown is that crucial card, 3 Miraidon (turn 1 donking is what this deck wants to do), 1 miraidon ex (dragon) hitting for 280 with 3 iron crown. Devolution is better then waiting for your opponent to go down to 1 prize for you to hit 280 when you can already do that with miraidon EX and combo's well with tachyon bits and iron crown. Not a fan of xatu, play more supporters for draw power.

Nice deck, but 3 iron crowns leave you with no room for all your basics on Bench.

^ If you plan to attack on your 2nd turn, you might not have any bench room to do Bits and be able to attack w/ 2 psychics and 1 colorless needed to do so w/ Valiant.

If you want to do more than 280 AND KO opponents that have more HP such as the upcoming Incineroar ex, then I suggest respecting the "no more than 5 pokemon on bench at a time" limitation and lowering your nest balls to 3, 1 of your 3 capsules and 1 of your basic energies, as well as taking out tm crisis shot. In exchange, replace xatu line w/ a 2-2-2 gardevoir ex line, and 2 tm evolution(sorry, but jumping to stage 2 from basic is no longer the best stage 2 method due to tm devolution). 4-4 research-Iono is enough draw in decks w/o draw boosts anyway.

Last edited:
Your 2 hitting big hp with miraidon. Getting 3 on board is normal, how else do you pressure lost zone, and 2 slots for bench is fine.

Your 2 hitting big hp with miraidon. Getting 3 on board is normal, how else do you pressure lost zone, and 2 slots for bench is fine.
But if you use 2 valiant, there's only 1 available spot on bench, assuming 3 crown as well... Is 280 per turn ok in this meta? If yes, then I apologize, as I thought people use 300+ hp pokemon in meta. Even then, 280 damage is "2RKO by damage-then-devolution" territory... Is that what you are saying? Maybe I'm overthinking it... If you said "a good deck shoots for no more than 280 every time", then I guess I should've been fine w/ 280 rather than make my suggestions known to OP...

Last edited:
I guess you're going to ignore baby miraidon, which carries this deck pretty hard. 280, 280, 280, 280, the deck 2 hit's big things not ohko. Hitting for 280 beats one of the biggest decks in standard, lost zone/giratina v star.

Back