“Stellar Miracle” Trademark Filed for the Pokemon TCG!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new trademark for Stellar Miracle (ステラミラクル) has been filed by Pokemon. It’s under the same terms as trademarks used for set names in the past.

Stellar-Miracle-Pokemon-TCG-1-200x126.jpg

The name is obviously referring to the Stellar type that was introduced in The Indigo Disk. It was created by Terapagos. Thus, we should see Terapagos debut in the set. Terapagos gets a unique form when it Terastallizes into the Stellar type.

The_Hidden_Treasure_of_Area_Zero_Terapagos_Artwork-300x300.png

Terapagos

Terapagos-Stellar-Form-300x300.png

Terapagos Stellar Form

A Pokemon with the Stellar Tera type becomes Stellar type when it Terastallizes. This is indicated by a crown over its head with a baby Terapagos and swirling type icons. You use Stellar Tera Shards to...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
It would be neat if they used either the old Rainbow Energy symbol or the newer one found on cards like Luminous Energy to convey the idea of it being “every” type, but I suppose that doesn’t exactly fit.

Terastalization have been so boring in the TCG, I pretty sure 90% of the time people forget that Teras have the bench protection thing, I was hoping for each kind of Tera to have an special ability and the bench protection was for Teras with the same type as the Pokemon but as soon they introduced Teras with different types than regular and it was the same thing it was such a big dissapointment.

I really dont expect anything from the Stellar Teralization, maybe will be considered a new type with the only weakness being Stellar Pokemon but I dont think they introduce too many, it will debut aroud June I suppose, just 6 months before they jump into Legends Ho-oh or whatever is the next game at that point

My prediction for Stellar Type is that it will basically be an updated Crystal Type.
-it will be an Ability on the card, just like how Crystal Type was a Poke Body (wouldn't make sense to replace the Tera Pokemon rule since it's still a Tera Pokemon and adding a 3rd "rule" on the card would get too cluttered)
-unlike Crystal Type, they'll keep their regular type since that's how it functions defensively in the video game
-they won't have awkward attack costs; maybe always at least 1 [C] to synergize with the mechanic?
-the downside versus regular Tera and type-shifted Tera would be that they lose an attack/Ability slot to make room for the Stellar Type Ability
-Terapagos ex will maybe have the unique Ability to be the type of any Basic Energy attached to it

Not really expecting it to be a mechanic proper. There'll just be a mix of Type-Shifted and Stellar Tera Pokemon ex until the end of the SV era. (Hopefully no more regular Tera Pokemon ex besides Ogerpon ex because seriously what is even the point??)

Also still betting that Ogerpon's alternate forms will never get their own cards and instead get the same treatment as Silvally's memories or the wolves' Rusted tools.

I think "Night Wanderer" will feature the Loyal Three's leader.

I'm thinking they'll probably make it something similar to the old Crystal Type mechanic myself.
this would definitely be cool in terms of collectability, but on a competitive level, a lot would have to be done in order for this kind of mechanic to be both (1) not useless and (2) not broken

the crystal types in gen 2, as we know, were historically some of the worst cards in pokemon tcg history (competitively). however, being able to manipulate something as fundamental to the game as the type chart, espcially types combined with energy costs, has the pontial to create really powerful mechanics (f.e. double dragon energy in expanded). so, there's a world where a crystal type mechanic is broken die to whatever buffs it gets. it'll be interesting to see if this type of mechanic comes back, and how buffed it could be (or not be?)

The rainbow Energy symbol is going to be used for Stellar type. And then they're going to bring back Fairy to make the haters seethe

Maybe stellar Pokemon would have an attack that changes their type for the remainder of the turn (essentially to swing for weakness on the opponent's Pokemon) once per game.

My prediction for Stellar Type is that it will basically be an updated Crystal Type.
-it will be an Ability on the card, just like how Crystal Type was a Poke Body (wouldn't make sense to replace the Tera Pokemon rule since it's still a Tera Pokemon and adding a 3rd "rule" on the card would get too cluttered)
-unlike Crystal Type, they'll keep their regular type since that's how it functions defensively in the video game
-they won't have awkward attack costs; maybe always at least 1 [C] to synergize with the mechanic?
-the downside versus regular Tera and type-shifted Tera would be that they lose an attack/Ability slot to make room for the Stellar Type Ability
-Terapagos ex will maybe have the unique Ability to be the type of any Basic Energy attached to it

Not really expecting it to be a mechanic proper. There'll just be a mix of Type-Shifted and Stellar Tera Pokemon ex until the end of the SV era. (Hopefully no more regular Tera Pokemon ex besides Ogerpon ex because seriously what is even the point??)

Also still betting that Ogerpon's alternate forms will never get their own cards and instead get the same treatment as Silvally's memories or the wolves' Rusted tools.

I think "Night Wanderer" will feature the Loyal Three's leader.
Could it be like a break? Where it's a separate card that you put onto an ex with the same name, that keeps all the original moves weakness etc but adds an ability or attack?

I really hope they actually break the mold and give Terapagos something crazy like the Rainbow Energy symbol for its type and/or Crystal Type-like Ability as people have said, because it will be super underwhleming if it's just plain Colorless type with no type-changing mechanic :/

Also I really think Night Wanderer will be based on Ceruledge due to its popularity and presence in the anime (not to mention having only one card so far while Armarouge has like 5), plus I feel like a set based on Sinistcha would feel very strange lol

I really hope they actually break the mold and give Terapagos something crazy like the Rainbow Energy symbol for its type and/or Crystal Type-like Ability as people have said, because it will be super underwhleming if it's just plain Colorless type with no type-changing mechanic :/

Also I really think Night Wanderer will be based on Ceruledge due to its popularity and presence in the anime (not to mention having only one card so far while Armarouge has like 5), plus I feel like a set based on Sinistcha would feel very strange lol
Armarouge has 3, not 5

I agree.
They will probably introduce a mechanic featuring multi-type Pokémon, inspired by Crystal Pokémon or Amazing Rares.
hopefuly not as those saw no competitive play, amazing rares were only usable because of Lugia VSTAR

I'm going to counter what everyone else is saying and say I sincerely doubt they're going to make any kind of reference to e-Card's Crystal Pokémon (at least, nothing worth writing about). Terrastars barely made any reference to Delta Species; was really just Charizard, which was a given based on the shiny's popularity, and Tyranitar – sans Shockwave counter, so what was even the point? (And because I know people will mention it, Mewtwo really just felt like a coincidence vs. a deliberate reference.) Given that Crystals aren't as well-known or beloved as Deltas and those didn't really get anything, I don't see any real callback to Crystals in the cards.

This. Plus, until they prove otherwise, S&V made me see them as spineless cowards, the terastal mechanic was a huge let down with the whole "bench barrier instead of actually interesting ancient trait-like mechanic", so now, instead of being let down, I'll just assume that they'll translate this one into some vanilla, basic, boring shit as well, like they did the last time.

Still excited to see if they will do Ogrepon right and make the masks tool cards. Stellar tera is gonna be awkward. I hope it isn't the same as if the guy is just Gyarados ex/Arcanine ex and has more implications to it.

Back