Buddy Poffin from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge!”

This will make me miss Battle VIP pass more after rotation. It is still really good, to bad gardevoir won’t really exist after rotation. I can see this in a lot of stage 2 decks and LZB
I wouldn't count Gardevoir out quite yet, the Kirlia draw engine is still really strong, Scream Tail is a good attacker, Drifloon can hit 330 with the new stadium without becoming a 2 prizer or we might see something happen with Iron Crown and Valiant

I wouldn't count Gardevoir out quite yet, the Kirlia draw engine is still really strong, Scream Tail is a good attacker, Drifloon can hit 330 with the new stadium without becoming a 2 prizer or we might see something happen with Iron Crown and Valiant
Plus we don't know what cards will come out. We might get a good enough Psychic attacker to make Gardy still good.

No restriction at all besides HP and basic Pokémon?! The for.at is not gonna slow down at all with this new card alongside Techno Radar. They better print some good stage 2 Pokémon

Yeah, Gardevoir ex will follow in Lugia VSTAR's footsteps in that it won't quite be at full power, but it will still be plenty strong and viable, and like Lugia it still has potential going forward with every new Psychic attacker we get. Only after the Refinement Kirlia rotates it may fall off the map... but even then it's acceleration might find it a niche.

Plus we don't know what cards will come out. We might get a good enough Psychic attacker to make Gardy still good.
Your point about there being more cards left is right, but I think at this point we are also looking for more stable support in Gardevoir consistently setting up the bench effectively and without losing important resources, even with Buddy Poffin. Level Ball and Mirage Step both going is rough when the only thing left for searching Kirlia is Ultra Ball.

am I being silly cause how does driftloon hit 330?

for turbo decks that can get this turn 1 like roaring moon, a spicy tech would be to add a few poffin and a ditto or 2 from 151 to tutor themselves out for your combo pieces like squackabilly ex or roaring moon. its also good for morpeko.

am I being silly cause how does driftloon hit 330?

Attach Charm of Courage to Drifloon to increase the HP to 120 and use Gardevoir ex to attach 5 energies to it to plce 10 damage counters on it leaving it with HP 20. Now use Moonlight Hill to remove 30 from all of your Psychic Pokémon. This leaves Drifloon with HP 50 and 7 counters on it. Now use Gardevoir ex to attach 2 additional energies to add 4 damage counters to Drifloon. This will leave Drifloon with HP 10 and 11 damage counters on it due to Charm of Courage attached. Its attack now would hit for 330 damage since Drifloon does 30 for each of the 11 damage counters on it. It would also have 7 Basic Psychic Energies attached to it.

Attach Charm of Courage to Drifloon to increase the HP to 120 and use Gardevoir ex to attach 5 energies to it to plce 10 damage counters on it leaving it with HP 20. Now use Moonlight Hill to remove 30 from all of your Psychic Pokémon. This leaves Drifloon with HP 50 and 7 counters on it. Now use Gardevoir ex to attach 2 additional energies to add 4 damage counters to Drifloon. This will leave Drifloon with HP 10 and 11 damage counters on it due to Charm of Courage attached. Its attack now would hit for 330 damage since Drifloon does 30 for each of the 11 damage counters on it. It would also have 7 Basic Psychic Energies attached to it.
Wait that's insane lol that's pretty funny

Battle VIP Pass was really a victim of its own design. They've been doing that "only in Turn 1" thing for a while now and the only way for those cards to see play was to speed up the format so extremely, that your Turn 1 was basically the only turn that mattered. I get people's annoyance with the card and how hard it swings a game to hit or not hit it, but it's really the powercreep that made it viable in the first place. Swapping it for this gets rid of the card, but it doesn't really get rid of the problem.

This will make me miss Battle VIP pass more after rotation. It is still really good, to bad gardevoir won’t really exist after rotation. I can see this in a lot of stage 2 decks and LZB
See I feel like Gardevoir will still be going strong. It needs some modification but until Refinement Kirlia rotates I think Gardevoir ex will figure out how to stay in the format.IMG_2857.jpeg

Yes yes yes…but - serious question: wtf is a poffin and why do we have one
Poffins were popular foodstuffs in the Sinnoh region, and there was an entire industry around blending berries to create poffins that aspiring Coordinators could feed to their Pokémon to increase their appeal in events called Contests (sometimes Super Contests in the games), where Pokémon would use their moves in a stylized way to appeal to celebrity judges. A food called Pokéblock was used for similar purposes in Hoenn.

As a Sinnoh fan, this warms my heart, despite how little I actually utilized Poffins or Contests in general (I was proud enough of winning the lowest level contest after several tries with minimal preparation, if that gives you an idea of how committed I was). As a side note, I would be very interested in seeing the Alola region’s Poké Beans featured on a card. Maybe with an illustration rare of Mohn furtively munching on some after giving a bag of them to the Pokémon on Isle Abeens?

Poffins were popular foodstuffs in the Sinnoh region, and there was an entire industry around blending berries to create poffins that aspiring Coordinators could feed to their Pokémon to increase their appeal in events called Contests (sometimes Super Contests in the games), where Pokémon would use their moves in a stylized way to appeal to celebrity judges. A food called Pokéblock was used for similar purposes in Hoenn.

As a Sinnoh fan, this warms my heart, despite how little I actually utilized Poffins or Contests in general (I was proud enough of winning the lowest level contest after several tries with minimal preparation, if that gives you an idea of how committed I was). As a side note, I would be very interested in seeing the Alola region’s Poké Beans featured on a card. Maybe with an illustration rare of Mohn furtively munching on some after giving a bag of them to the Pokémon on Isle Abeens?
Poffins are also in Pokémon GO. They’re a rare-ish item that you feed to your buddy to obtain extra hearts with it that day, among other bonuses. We’ve had incense, lure module, and lucky egg, as well as egg incubator, so I’m not surprised we’re getting another GO card now.

Having never played a Pokémon video game, this explains a lot. Thank you!

Back