• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post-Rotation: Bottled City (Raging Bolts ex / Sandy Shock ex / Slither Wings / Radiant Greninja)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
BOTTLED CITY

Raging Bolt.jpg

Pokémon (10):
3 Sandy Shocks ex (beatdown)
3 Raging Bolt ex (beatdown)
3 Slither Wings (beatdown)
1 Radiant Greninja (draw)

Trainer (38):
4 Prof. Sada’s Vitality (draw)
2 Boss’s Orders (control)
2 Prof. Research (draw)
3 Ancient Booster Capsule (enable)
1 Prime Catcher (control)
3 Trekking Shoes (draw)
3 PokeGear 3.0 (search)
4 Earth Vessel (search)
4 Ultra Ball (search)
4 Nest Ball (search)
1 Pal Pad (retrieve)
4 Switch (retreat)
3 Poké Stop (draw)

Energy (12):
3 Lightning Energy
9 Fighting Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Raging Bolts ex to draw cards, or with Slither Wings. Once the opponent has taken two prize cards focus on Raging Bolts ex and fuel his second attack with Prof. Sada's Determination and the benched Sandy Shocks ex, who accelerate from the discard.

SPOILERS:

Raging Bolts ex
Basic Gragon Pokémon
HP: 240
[C] Bursting Roar
Discard your hand and draw 6 cards.
[L][F] Extreme Ascent: 70x
You may discard any amount of Basic Energy attached to your Pokémon in play. This attack does 70 damage for each card your discarded this way.
Retreat Cost: CCC

Prime Catcher
Trainer - Item (Ace Spec)
Switch in 1 of your opponent’s benched Pokémon to the active spot. If you do, switch your active Pokémon with 1 of your benched Pokémon.

CARD SHARK:

Pokémon:

3 Raging Bolts ex: He is the cleaner and draw engine in this deck.

3 Sandy Shocks ex: Assistance attacker and acceleration engine to fuel Raging Bolts ex.

3 Slither Wings: Nice one-prize attacker and the ideal starter Pokémon other than Raging Bolts ex.

1 Radiant Greninja: Draw and discard Basic Energy to fuel Prof. Sada's Determination and Sandy Shocks ex.

Supporter:

4-2 Prof. Sada's Determination and Prof. Research: Acceleration and draw engine of this deck.

2 Boss Order: Gust is needed in almost all decks to ensure board control.

Items and Stadium:

4-4 Nest Ball and Ultra Ball: Both item cards can be used to search out Pokémon. The discard with Ultra Ball can be usefull in the first few turns.

3-3 PokéGear 3.0 and Trekking Shoes: Item-based search and draw to ensure that the deck can fish out Prof. Sada's Determination.

3 Switch: The deck needs some switch effects to tailor the attacker to its needs.

3 Ancient Booster Capsule: Makes Slither Wings and Raging Bolts ex more durable.

4 Earthen Vessel: Search for the Basic Lightning and Fighting Energy.

1 Prime Catcher: Switch and gust effect in one card. Best Ace Spec thus far.

1 Super Rod: Recover discarded attackers such as Sandy Shocks ex and Raging Bolts ex.

1 Pal Pad: recover discarded supporter to reuse them.

3 PokéStop: Additional draw and counter stadium.

Energy:

9-3 Basic Fighting and Lightning Energy: Used to fuel all three attackers in this deck.

VISUAL DECKLIST:

View attachment 18481

Read Gutsy Pickaxe - This is another draw engine to your slither wing's and sandy shocks ex. Sandy shocks ex only works when your opponent on four prizes.
1703764470623.png
Alternatively you can try this lucario - play a 2-2 line with bibarel.
1703764592585.png
Exp share to keep the lightning energies:
1703764666853.png

Hi LilTone96,

Thanks for the review. Like the Gutsy Pickaxe but not sure on the other ones. In the middle of the match Sandy Shocks ex and Prof. Sada's Determination combined provide all the acceleration needed. Will have to check to see how to fit three copies of Gutsy Pickaxe into the deck.

Hi! I'm testing Raging Bolt ex myself, and here are some ideas you might wanna consider (but don't need to, of course).

1 Lumineon V (with 1 forest seal stone) - basically just an early game prof sada search, while also, if not bossed and able to find forest seal stone, late game counter against Iono.
1 Squawkabilly ex - alternative to Lumineon V.
1-1 Any Shuppet with LOR Banette - Same like forest seal stone, late game sada retrieval from your discard pile in case of Iono. It doesn't clunk up the deck from my experience, and you can look if you have both pieces in your deck at the start of the game.
3 Ultra Ball 1 Heavy ball rather than 4 Ultra ball - I think you won't need to discard this much, and looking at your prize cards, while being able to take out a basic in mostly basic deck is always nice. (Or, if you can prize check all basics, it can end up as Earthern Vessel or Ultra ball fodder.
3 Town Stores rather than 3 Pokéstop - that's something i didn't test out myself yet, but I got a feeling this deck really needs Sada's Vitality, and trying to use them every turn against high hp pokemon is pretty hard when sometimes you used 2 already, discarded 1 and can't find pal pad.

Hi Szynkowice,

Thanks for the review. I like the idea of Lumineon V with Forest Seal Stone in the deck and will attempt to include both of them. Maybe even two copies of Forest Seal Stone. Town Store might be a nice addition if I move the deck in that direction. Thus far PokéStop worked rather well in my Roaring Moon ex variant but you do not use them an each turn. Nonetheless they are a nice addition to the draw card aresenal. However with a total of five tools Town Store would be the better alternative.

Back