2023’s Most Searched Japanese Pokemon Cards!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The official Pokemon-Card.com website has posted a list of the most searched cards on their website during 2023. The top three cards were Gardevoir ex, Miraidon ex, and Mew ex.
This gives us an indication of what players and fans found most compelling. It seems most of these cards were competitive-leaning, suggesting TCG players use the website more often.
You can see all 50 cards here; below is the top 20.

042574_P_SANAITOEX-143x200.jpg

042661_P_MIRAIDONEX-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

I know this is a player leaning website and JP is basically player focused, but why did they think this was interesting? Like, who cares?

It's only interesting if it was collector based cards and then tied to some kind of action like sales or wishlisted or something.

It'd be more interesting for players if they published for Japan something like limitless - which decks were the most popular, what variants were used?

This is worthless to track.

I know this is a player leaning website and JP is basically player focused, but why did they think this was interesting? Like, who cares?

It's only interesting if it was collector based cards and then tied to some kind of action like sales or wishlisted or something.

It'd be more interesting for players if they published for Japan something like limitless - which decks were the most popular, what variants were used?

this is the easiest thing to ignore

Why did ting Lu and alolan vulpix make it, I may just be really stupid but I have questions and I need answers.

Why did ting Lu and alolan vulpix make it, I may just be really stupid but I have questions and I need answers.
Might be because Alolan Vulpix VSTAR was a really strong anti-meta card to use as a partner for Arceus VSTAR during the Obsidian Flames format. It walled Charizard, Chien Pao, and Gardevoir decks, and would also greatly annoy Miraidon. It wasn't too great against Giratina, Lost Box variants, or Mew though which is why it didn't make any huge waves.

As someone who is confident that Lugia ruined standard Pokemon for like half a year there, it's honestly depressing how badly it fell off. It was genuinely fun to play post D-Block, and with E-Block's end just around the corner, I hope they print something, ANYTHING to make it at least semi-decent and it doesn't get an early banishment to the dead air that is Expanded.

or just dont read it if you're not interested... dead simples

Why make it interesting? People will click regardless.

Back