dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Oh thank goodness we're getting another Charizard! The thought of going a whole set without a new Charizard was going to be too difficult to bear!
Most likely the set will also feature the alternate print of Charizard VSTAR from the Special Deck Set.

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
Shiny Charizard VStar. Of course they had to put a chase zard in the set 😆

“Shining VStars”. That’s an intentional play of words

Last edited:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
If the Radiant Eternatus isn't Dragon-type, I will CRY..... Radiant Charjabug is so hype tho I love that whole evo line💛

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
This set feels like the people making this game going "we don't know what we're doing so here's a bunch of random stuff". Lucario on the ETB?. Another shiny zard? another alt art zard? radiant CHARJABUG?? What are they doing? Remove the legendary wolves and what is the theme of this set? Nothing. There's nothing here and quite frankly I see no reason to be hyped besides 3 or 4 cool looking cards, and I DO NOT mean the 70th shiny charizard since black and white.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
I think they just wanted a mascot and saw that they still needed to release the rainbow vstar Japan got somehow. Also gen 8 did have 2 different sinnoh games. So it's not that strange when you think about it.
Kinda is strange when you realize only one of the sinnoh-era gen 8 sets had actual gen 4 Pokemon on the pack arts, and even then they felt the need to shoehorn zard in that set because apparently GOD isn't enough to sell a set to them...

dineinunes

I think people are reading too much into this "shining Vstar" thing. The "shining" is most likely referring to the fact that stars shine and not that the pokémon featured will be shiny. None of the Vstars we know that are likely to be in the set are shiny (Zacian VSTAR, Zamazenta VSTAR, Rotom VSTAR) and even the Charizard VSTAR that was in the Special Deck Set (that everyone though was going to be shiny) isn't shiny. No way they are gonna have two different prints of Charizard Vstar in the set.

dineinunes

This set feels like the people making this game going "we don't know what we're doing so here's a bunch of random stuff". Lucario on the ETB?. Another shiny zard? another alt art zard? radiant CHARJABUG?? What are they doing? Remove the legendary wolves and what is the theme of this set? Nothing. There's nothing here and quite frankly I see no reason to be hyped besides 3 or 4 cool looking cards, and I DO NOT mean the 70th shiny charizard since black and white.
This is a catch up set meant to give us everything we still haven't gotten and to not repeat what happened with Tag All Stars. There is no theme.

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
Surely people get burnt out on Charizard right?

Madness. And I like Charizard. Used to like it more but now it's so overexposed. At least Pikachu is the mascot.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Surely people get burnt out on Charizard right?

Madness. And I like Charizard. Used to like it more but now it's so overexposed. At least Pikachu is the mascot.
5 shiny cards within less than 5 years while Pokemon like Haxorus, Hydreigon, Ultra Necrozma and Breloom don't have any shiny cards... 🤮

Nirvanna21

Mew.
Interesting enough, gonna wait until I see a proper set list though. I have a feeling this will be more in line for me to go after singles I like.