Local Championship Point Events to Return in 2023!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Moments ago, The Pokemon Company International sent out an email to Professors stating that local-level Championship Point events will resume in 2023, potentially as early as January. The events have been suspended since March 2020 due to Covid.
In the email, Pokemon asks its Professors to begin League reporting as of today to ensure that their stores will be eligible to host events “beginning in January 2023.” Stores must report regular League play at least once between September and November to maintain their ability to host sanctioned events. Reporting also ensures that stores receive their allocations of League materials and prize support once events resume.
Although the requirements to qualify for the 2023 World Championships in...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Just got the email and I'm pretty stoked! Let's go!

Yokohama here I come! (regardless or not I get an invite)

As a 13-year-old boy, I've always been concerned on my parents' will to throw down the time and money to travel to Regionals and Internationals.
Now, I can earn Champion Points at a place 10 minutes away.
Let's. F******. Go.
Watch your language, young man.

But really, this is good news! Even though I'll never compete. Still sucks that LATAM VGC players don't get regionals this season though.

This is actually so awesome, I got into the tcg during covid and never got the opportunity to attend locals for CP! Im so excited!

How can I find a local tournament? I've never played competitively before but want to try

Last edited:
How can I find a local tournament? I've never played competitively before but wasn't to try
Go to Pokemon.com's store locator. It'll show you any stores that are participating in Play! Pokemon. From there, you can go to that store's website to check for upcoming events.

Back