Uri Geller Hints Kadabra Returning to the TCG in Upcoming Set!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In new correspondence with PokeBeach, Uri Geller has revealed his agent has been in contact with The Pokemon Company in Japan. According to Geller, he “has a feeling” Kadabra may be getting a new card “soon, perhaps as early as December.” However, he said he cannot reveal anything and isn’t sure of the timing.
Geller, an illusionist known for bending spoons, sued Pokemon in November 2000 because of Kadabra’s likeness to his persona. He first became aware of Kadabra after discovering it on a Pokemon card in Japan, where the Pokemon is named “Yungerer,” a corruption of “Uri Geller.” Due to Geller’s legal actions, Kadabra has not appeared on any Pokemon cards since 2002. However, Geller changed his mind in late 2020 and relinquished control of Kadabra.

Uri-Geller-Kadabra-300x169.jpg

Geller also shared photos...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
He's an illusionist, not a magician.

Odd that Pokemon only took Kadabra away from the TCG and not other merch., the anime, or games, etc.

I hope there aren't many toxic comments in response to this. He owed up to his mistake and acknowledged it was stupid. If we're going to just kick down people who admit they're wrong, then we really aren't any better than them.

Saying that, Kadabra ex when Pokemon plz
It's probably still gonna be Alakazam ex but evolving from a regular Kadabra.

Hmmm, what an extremely interesting read. If this does turn out to be true, then 1: My petition to get Kadabra back in the TCG was a success, and 2: I look forward to seeing Abra and Kadabra again, either with Alakazam or Alakazam ex, or both.

Look up some of the other things he's said and done during the course of his "career."

I was being kind.
This isn't really the forum to discuss the rest of his career. As far as TCG fans are concnerned, he's agreed to end litigation and since none of us were personally traumatized for lack of Kadabra in the Pokémon TCG, there's no need to hold a lifetime grudge.

Hey, let's get back on the subject of Kadabra returning to the Trading Card Game, I for one canNOT wait to see Kadabra back in the Trading Card Game again. A Retreat Cost of Zero would be a clever reference to the fact that this will be Kadabra's first card since Skyridge.

hucksters don't deserve praise for doing the bare fudging minimum when it comes to the right thing. did the space aliens who sent him here convince him to do it? I wish I was kidding, he claims to be an alien emissary.

cool read though.

[BDS, while we're at it.]

EDIT: i fkn forgot, he tried to use telepathy to stop brexit!!!! any ridicule is fully deserved.

This isn't really the forum to discuss the rest of his career. As far as TCG fans are concnerned, he's agreed to end litigation and since none of us were personally traumatized for lack of Kadabra in the Pokémon TCG, there's no need to hold a lifetime grudge.
yeah honestly, kadabra has literally nothing going on other than being a uri geller reference. if uri geller didn't sue them, kadabra would be in the tier that gen 1 mons like dewgong and venomoth have been in for years

He lost his marbles just because of the Team Rockets Dark Kadabra says Dark? He made the point to make it all about himself, he's nutty than squirrel poop. I mean come on Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan don't care why let this small fry with a giant ego ruin it?

He lost his marbles just because of the Team Rockets Dark Kadabra says Dark? He made the point to make it all about himself, he's nutty than squirrel poop. I mean come on Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan don't care why let this small fry with a giant ego ruin it?
Bruce Lee passed away before pokemon started.

Back