JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Tapu Lele and Capture Aroma were revealed from the Japanese set Incandescent Arcana, which releases in Japan on September 2nd. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Tapu Lele – Psychic – HP110
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Energy Burst: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each Energy attached to both Active Pokemon.
[P][P][C] Spiral Drain: 100 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Lele - *yawn* 2-3
Capture Aroma - semi-decent Pokemon search at least. Evolution decks might use this as a sub for Evo Incense. 3-4

ThePokemonGuardian

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu Lele GX's attack got a reprint on a non rule box Card. Nothing too special

But that Capture Aroma is pretty good, either way you are getting a Basic or an Evolution Tails has no downside i would give it a 4-5 I could see this getting play in place of Evolution Incense along with Ultra Ball for the Post rotation Pokemon search cards.

Polaris

Ugg, I've been waiting to see what their replacement post-rotation for cards like Evo Incense and Quick Ball are going to be, and it's... This? Uneccessary, high-variance coinflips suck. Winning or losing a game because your search card is a coinflip sucks. Imagine you're playing Zorobox and you need that specific evolution, and you flip tails. Or imagine you need that Lumineon V, and you flip heads. I'll try to avoid playing this card at all costs. Quick ball's downside could be made into an upside by playing and constructing your deck well. No such luck with this.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Ugg, I've been waiting to see what their replacement post-rotation for cards like Evo Incense and Quick Ball are going to be, and it's... This? Uneccessary, high-variance coinflips suck. Winning or losing a game because your search card is a coinflip sucks. Imagine you're playing Zorobox and you need that specific evolution, and you flip tails. Or imagine you need that Lumineon V, and you flip heads. I'll try to avoid playing this card at all costs. Quick ball's downside could be made into an upside by playing and constructing your deck well. No such luck with this.

You people need to chill, rotation is not happening until next year, by then we'll even have Scarlet & Violet base set, more search cards will obviously be released in the upcoming sets like they always are, stop freaking out like this jank will be our only search card come rotation, it won't.

Polaris

You people need to chill, rotation is not happening until next year, by then we'll even have Scarlet & Violet base set, more search cards will obviously be released in the upcoming sets like they always are, stop freaking out like this jank will be our only search card come rotation, it won't.
I mean obviously, we still have ultra ball and level ball. I just hate bad card design. We've had a lot of cool search cards I'd love to see come back, and cards like this won't see play. I don't even have anything against weak, "for fun" cards or random effects, there's a place for that. But a coin flip on this effect isn't even fun.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I mean obviously, we still have ultra ball and level ball. I just hate bad card design. We've had a lot of cool search cards I'd love to see come back, and cards like this won't see play. I don't even have anything against weak, "for fun" cards or random effects, there's a place for that. But a coin flip on this effect isn't even fun.

I'm not even arguing that, this card is trash, 100%, but people should wait till we know what the upcoming sets will bring, before worrying this much about next format's search options.