Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several more cards have been revealed from Incandescent Arcana, which releases in Japan on September 2nd. Many of the cards from the set should become part of our Silver Tempest set in November.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil and Toine L. for the translations!
Serperior V – Grass – HP210
Basic Pokemon
[C] Noble Light: Heal 30 damage from each Pokemon in play.
[G][C][C] Solar Beam: 120 damage.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

TandemTCG

Aspiring Trainer
And no chance of Ho Oh reappearing in Paradigm Trigger? I’m not familiar with how they structure the Japanese sets
Not as a V. It would basically be moving Heaven and Earth for us to get an alternate art of Ho-Oh V. Sorry. At least this art we have been shown today is illustrated by the best artist IMO!

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Finally Serperior gets the glory he deserved.Waiting for the full line tho.

Also HO-OH EX IS BAAAAAAAACK!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Not really, your turn does end remember. They kinda nerf Ho-oh EX.
Finally Serperior gets the glory he deserved.Waiting for the full line tho.

Also HO-OH EX IS BAAAAAAAACK!
Serperior V/VSTAR - You have Gardenia, you do flat KO on Vs, meh. Nothing special. VSTAR Power is just an auto-OHKO. Nice CSR tho. 3/3
Ho-oh V - They nerf Ho-oh EX, that's it! Basically Ho-oh EX, except its Colorless and has nerfed ability. Idk why people didn't emphasized more on this card. 3-4 You basically taking free 2 prizes and easily been gusted away by Boss' Orders, unless you have some cards to pair with. A 1-of it seems.
Swablu/Altaria - meh. I don't see a Stage 1 have potential. Basically swapping 200 dmg to Vs for a Double Turbo? We've some cards that has that. 3/3
Mewtwo - meh. 2-3
Zacian - If its 1 energy 120, I would be impressed. 3
Zamazenta - what's with all these bland single-prized cards? It seems these designed for GLC format, not Standard format. Don't get me started for the complicated attack on Zamazenta. 3 energy alone really hinders it. 2-3

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Zamazenta - what's with all these bland single-prized cards? It seems these designed for GLC format, not Standard format. Don't get me started for the complicated attack on Zamazenta. 3 energy alone really hinders it. 2-3

Zamazenta seems to have potential in a Lost Zone Box that runs Metal Energy. You can power it up in one turn with a manual attachment and Mirage Gate to hit for a solid 220 damage on a one-prize Pokémon with essentially HP 160.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
So it's basically a reprint of the Ho-oh from Dragons Exalted.
this Ho-oh is much, MUCH better. That had 160HP, ability worked on a coin flip, only attached 3 energy, and capped at 80 damage without further attachment or set up. VirGen rising in popularity made it particularly good, ohko with pluspower or another single attachment. The deck is basically a Mewtwo EX variant, but still.

Ho-oh is my favorite old school deck, to the point where I have it in paper to this day. This type of attack is super fun as well, cause it's always a chore to set up. I have fond memories of ohko-ing my friends' M-Kyogres with a Vivillon XY powered by a Togekiss RSK. To say nothing of Skittles back in the DPPt era.

Man, we talk alot about power creep, but this just makes me feel old and crotchety. Obviously 80 damage with minimal setup is not what it used to be, but seeing a cool old card recreated in this way, completely eclipsing the new one in power... I don't know why exactly, but I'm really sad now.