All “Lost Abyss” Secret Rares Revealed!

Do they really?

Could you give some reasons? Or anyone who liked it? Presumably all who liked agree that players like CGI FAs and Rainbow Rares etc.

Not saying that you don't of course, but player like for it doesn't seem to show up much when the value of AAs are many times the FA even though they are printed in the same amounts.

Brilliant Stars:
Charizard AA 4.56x FA
Arceus AA 2.98x FA
Lumineon AA 2.81x FA
Honchkrow AA 6.35x FA

Arceus VSTAR NA is now more expensive than Arceus VSTAR RR.

Fusion Strike:
Mew VMAX AA 1.34x RR
Mew AA 2.34x FA
Genesect AA 2.55x FA
Greedent AA 4.89x FA

Value isn't everything but it reflects demand given that the supply is equal.

And I may be misunderstanding where you're coming from, but it sounds a lot like "be happy with what we've got" instead of getting them to improve. The time for bland FAs should surely be over since it started 4 generations ago and if ScVi continue it, the same popular Pokemon will get their 4th CGI art against bland background. Why not desire more than that?
I'm not a fan of the alt arts so personally I'm glad we have both. You already have your alt arts, and the people who like the 3D art have the FA and regular arts. I'm not sure what more you want. Also if you're going by price, usually the alt arts are rarer than the full arts...

Can anyone tell where giriatina is in the alt art? I mean obviously it's the distortion world but I can't really tell what i'm looking at. Like I think there's a face in the bottom right but idk.

Do they really?

Could you give some reasons? Or anyone who liked it? Presumably all who liked agree that players like CGI FAs and Rainbow Rares etc.

Not saying that you don't of course, but player like for it doesn't seem to show up much when the value of AAs are many times the FA even though they are printed in the same amounts.

Brilliant Stars:
Charizard AA 4.56x FA
Arceus AA 2.98x FA
Lumineon AA 2.81x FA
Honchkrow AA 6.35x FA

Arceus VSTAR NA is now more expensive than Arceus VSTAR RR.

Fusion Strike:
Mew VMAX AA 1.34x RR
Mew AA 2.34x FA
Genesect AA 2.55x FA
Greedent AA 4.89x FA

Value isn't everything but it reflects demand given that the supply is equal.

And I may be misunderstanding where you're coming from, but it sounds a lot like "be happy with what we've got" instead of getting them to improve. The time for bland FAs should surely be over since it started 4 generations ago and if ScVi continue it, the same popular Pokemon will get their 4th CGI art against bland background. Why not desire more than that?
I enjoy the rainbows cause they are different than just FA and Ex/Gx/V/Vmax. As a collector who returned to collecting during Generations and Sun/Moon era I I thought the rainbows where a great addition to the series since basic holos from before are now dead.

I do agree that FA for Vs/Vmax are over kill, and rainbows for trainers are over kill. So as a compromise lets ditch the FA Pokemon and Rainbow trainers for more rainbow pokemon and Alt Art pokemon. And having the Pokemon with an Alt Art and RR are over kill, so yes some kind of overhaul is needed.

I'm not a fan of the alt arts so personally I'm glad we have both. You already have your alt arts, and the people who like the 3D art have the FA and regular arts. I'm not sure what more you want. Also if you're going by price, usually the alt arts are rarer than the full arts...

Do you not like the art in the C, U, R and holo cards? Alt arts are basically just art by those artists but in full art form.

I want them all to be "alt" art because there's a lot of difference between artists and there are dozens of them.

The 3D full art is practically the same every time no matter who they get to do it. Though I am intrigued that there is (you have) actually a preference for 3D art. Why? Even sprites from the games have more character than the TCG's 3D art.

Something that is more expensive does not mean it is rarer. Golds are the rarest, then rainbows, but does that show? Some of those fall underneath normal VSTAR arts. It's proven that alt arts have the same pull rate as full arts. The only difference is in demand.

I enjoy the rainbows cause they are different than just FA and Ex/Gx/V/Vmax. As a collector who returned to collecting during Generations and Sun/Moon era I I thought the rainbows where a great addition to the series since basic holos from before are now dead.

I do agree that FA for Vs/Vmax are over kill, and rainbows for trainers are over kill. So as a compromise lets ditch the FA Pokemon and Rainbow trainers for more rainbow pokemon and Alt Art pokemon. And having the Pokemon with an Alt Art and RR are over kill, so yes some kind of overhaul is needed.
I'd prefer if holos were restored to their former glory. The art on holos (and technically most every other normal card) are by real artists. I always look forward to seeing the art in the set. For these SR reveals, it's only worth checking out AAs, FA trainers and gold stadiums. The rest are repetitive and boring.

The gold Giratina looks great, but we all knew it would be in the set. We always know how the rainbows look like. So, there's nothing really to reveal for many of these SRs.

I couldn't disagree more about rainbow rares. I find them absolutely pointless when they're a rainbow palette swap of another card (FA GX's, VMax's/VStars, FA Supporters for some reason). They only bloated sets further in the SM era, especially when the Japanese sets started releasing monthly and English sets are stubbornly every three months. Oh, and they're more rare than a full art; you might not even pull one in a booster box, and there are several in each set. What fun!

However, I'm not disagreeing with you for the sake of arguing or anything. This is just the juxtaposition of preferences that people have, which goes back to the comment that 'no one cares about leaking these cards,' and that somehow, this is indicative of no one caring about these cards in general, when it's just not true. You like the rainbow rares, I don't. You don't like the FA's, but after the bland single color voids in FA GX's, I personally think FA V's really stand out again! FA V's might still typically be in a void, but there's variation in the colors used (or at least a completely different color to the Pokemon, like Kyurem and Drapion in this set) and the glossy silver lines on the Pokemon themselves make them pop.

I do think a lot of people would agree that some major changes need to be made, though. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Like, why do we need (in the SwSh era) V's, VMax's, VStar's, FA V's, Alt Art V's, FA Supporters, RR VMax's, RR VStar's, RR Supporters, and secret gold versions of some cards? THAT is overkill. And it's why collecting sets became unappealing to me, on top of every set being ENORMOUS. I went from doing my best to collect every set to only collecting what I like. I guess that's better for me, financially, but I miss opening packs and filling out pages in my binder. (That's why Celebrations was a breath of fresh air for me. ...When I was allowed to find it.)

Uh. Point was, different people do like different rarities. But at the same time, the quantity needs to be cut way back because its ridiculous. Oh, and unanimously, I'm pretty sure no one wants or asked for rainbow rare Supporters.

Is that just a generic background for Perrserker? Or is it related to anything in the game?
Do you mean the alternate art? I don't think it's based on anything from the games, but for some reason it puts me in mind of an archaeological excavation site. Or, more specifically, of a table with the latest findings from the site laid out on it. (Even though the objects are probably perfectly ordinary Bottle Caps, or perhaps coins from Pay Day.) It could be that Galarian Perrserker's Viking origins and the arrangement of "artifacts" that put me in mind of that wooden ship that was found underneath a ceremonial burial mound in some British farmer's back yard during the Second World War. I'll need to ask my mom about that. She's an anglophile, she'll know what I'm talking about. Hope that this rabbit trail gives you a better appreciation for the card. Take it or leave it. If it's too confusing or doesn't seem applicable, then leave it.
Edit: never mind, now that we have a higher quality scan, I can tell that what I once thought was a fence is actually a sliding glass door, and that the whole scene is inside.

Last edited:
Aw, man....giratina has one of the most famous, beloved and hunted shines of all time and we're getting it's normal form in the gold card like they've started to do...

I get the point, brother. Thanks! But please, next time put some efforts, dudes. C'mon. (Not referring to you, brother)
These photos are sourced from varous online auctions more so than the occasional source of someone's Twitter showing off their pulls, etc. The initial pictures we get are usually not made to "leak" as such, just photos to get the cards sold.

In love with all four of the alts in this set! Really solid bout of SR's here- As much as I wish Kyurem got an alt, I'm not at all mad with what we did get, especially with such good art. And, it's going to be extremely satisfying having a row of Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina's Alts in my binder someday.

Also, throwing in my 2c on the Rainbow conversation. I've been very vocal as to not liking them, but I think they could have really worked if they were just few and far between. It would be as easy as making them the same as the black and gold V/VMAX's of this generation. A small handful of very important Pokemon to either their respective sets or games. I think it would have been a fun little collection to go for, rather than one of almost every GX made, and almost every VMAX/VStar/Full Art Trainer. There are too many now, and it's boring. The gimmick of the same rainbowy palette gets old once you've seen it 100, 200+ times or however many there have been. And I guarantee if it was just a simple little 12-card collection, the reception would have been a lot more positive. Less is more.

I couldn't disagree more about rainbow rares. I find them absolutely pointless when they're a rainbow palette swap of another card (FA GX's, VMax's/VStars, FA Supporters for some reason). They only bloated sets further in the SM era, especially when the Japanese sets started releasing monthly and English sets are stubbornly every three months. Oh, and they're more rare than a full art; you might not even pull one in a booster box, and there are several in each set. What fun!

However, I'm not disagreeing with you for the sake of arguing or anything. This is just the juxtaposition of preferences that people have, which goes back to the comment that 'no one cares about leaking these cards,' and that somehow, this is indicative of no one caring about these cards in general, when it's just not true. You like the rainbow rares, I don't. You don't like the FA's, but after the bland single color voids in FA GX's, I personally think FA V's really stand out again! FA V's might still typically be in a void, but there's variation in the colors used (or at least a completely different color to the Pokemon, like Kyurem and Drapion in this set) and the glossy silver lines on the Pokemon themselves make them pop.

I do think a lot of people would agree that some major changes need to be made, though. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Like, why do we need (in the SwSh era) V's, VMax's, VStar's, FA V's, Alt Art V's, FA Supporters, RR VMax's, RR VStar's, RR Supporters, and secret gold versions of some cards? THAT is overkill. And it's why collecting sets became unappealing to me, on top of every set being ENORMOUS. I went from doing my best to collect every set to only collecting what I like. I guess that's better for me, financially, but I miss opening packs and filling out pages in my binder. (That's why Celebrations was a breath of fresh air for me. ...When I was allowed to find it.)

Uh. Point was, different people do like different rarities. But at the same time, the quantity needs to be cut way back because its ridiculous. Oh, and unanimously, I'm pretty sure no one wants or asked for rainbow rare Supporters.
They absolutely need to get rid of rainbow Trainer cards, The normal version is always more expensive, its because people like it more, Rainbow Pokemon is cool but yuck to the trainers! I pray they get rid of them

Back