Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
So what about now? Are there better ways to get energy?
We have capacious bucket, energy search, and a few supporters that attach energy from discard. Magma basin does that too. Many pokemon have abilities that can search out energies too. Arceus VSTAR attaches 3 energies. training court gets back energies into hand. A lot of these were not in the format when Lady was released in forbidden light.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
So what about now? Are there better ways to get energy?
Bucket, Energy Search, a plethora of support Pokemon that tutors out 2-3 energies, Arceus VStar, etc.
Or, yknow, just draw an obscene amount of cards until you find your energies. It's possible in this format.

I wouldn't say Lady is terrible since it has a one-of use in Rain Dance-ish decks, but due to the cards I've mentioned it's not really worth using currently, Rain Dance-ish decks arent making any performance whatsoever in the current meta.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
for the smeargle that hits for each different energy in the hand
yep, that's the only kind of attack I've ever used it for. Smeargle has an advantage over vivillon and arceus in that its not a stage 2 and its attack cost is 1dce attachment.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Bucket, Energy Search, a plethora of support Pokemon that tutors out 2-3 energies, Arceus VStar, etc.
Or, yknow, just draw an obscene amount of cards until you find your energies. It's possible in this format.

I wouldn't say Lady is terrible since it has a one-of use in Rain Dance-ish decks, but due to the cards I've mentioned it's not really worth using currently, Rain Dance-ish decks arent making any performance whatsoever in the current meta.
Pokemon V-Star? No thanks, I don't like ugly cards. I'm a single prize man burger and fries.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
yep, that's the only kind of attack I've ever used it for. Smeargle has an advantage over vivillon and arceus in that its not a stage 2 and its attack cost is 1dce attachment.
Yet doesn't have enough bulk. Expect your Smeargle to be KOed next turn and Arceus probably acceled 3 energy onto another Pokemon V at ths point. You still have to find Double Turbo or Twin Energy to cycle the attack.
for the smeargle that hits for each different energy in the hand
Yeah, so? You can't even cycle it since your opponent can Marnie your hand or KO your Smeargle.
Okay but why wasn't it heavily played? If there was a card that did its job but better that isn't in rotation right now that's a pretty good reason to reprint it
Galarian Moltres comes to mind.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Yet doesn't have enough bulk. Expect your Smeargle to be KOed next turn and Arceus probably acceled 3 energy onto another Pokemon V at ths point. You still have to find Double Turbo or Twin Energy to cycle the attack.
There are other ways to play with this game than Standard.