Amoonguss, Wailord from ‘Lost Abyss’!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Amoonguss and Wailord lines were revealed from the Japanese set Lost Abyss, which releases in Japan on July 15th. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Lost Origin set in September.
Foongus – Grass – HP50
Basic Pokemon
[C] Ram: 10 damage.
Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Amoonguss – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Foongus
Ability...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Foongus/Amoonguss - this card seems very situational. Because it depends on your opponent's control on how this ability work. So 2-3 Geodudes for me.
Wailmer/Wailord - common thing that Wailord does---- having that huge HP. Nothing too special. 3/3

Amoongus is so useless, literally are like 2 cards that discards card from your opponent hands... One that pick the card to discard (Luxray) and one that nobody play (Spirit Mask) so the chances to trigger the effect are almost unexistent

I really hate the lack of discard card from your opponent card attacks, most of the effects are always return to the bottom or just for specific cards, I would love Malamar Vmax if discard the cards instead of just return to the bottom of the deck

Amongus, unless hand controll comes back in some form this will be useless. But who cares??

LOVE IT, just hillarious

1/5

So, I don't think this replaces the VIV one in GLC, right? Water doesn't run enough specials to justify it I think.

Wailord seems pretty strong to me. Water acceleration has always been pretty solid so the 4-cost isn't too bad. 240 damage kills almost all Vs and can hit some v stars with choice belt

Amoonguss seems like a counter to a specific card that doesn't exist, like even in expanded there are very few cards that could trigger that ability. Maybe it's hinting at a new meta-defining hand discarding card coming soon?

Can't wait to see the full set on Friday, seeing that it always comes out the week before they get released.

Amoonguss seems like a counter to a specific card that doesn't exist, like even in expanded there are very few cards that could trigger that ability. Maybe it's hinting at a new meta-defining hand discarding card coming soon?

I sure hope not, I never liked these types of things in the design, like, making something so stupid that it needs a silver bullet for it, that no one would ever run in their decks, if not for that particular reason. I do doubt it that's the case though, I think it's just them being cute.

Back